[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed that by showing up to work on time or a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 2016.jpg (268KB, 736x721px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
268KB, 736x721px
I've noticed that by showing up to work on time or a little early and actually working without whining, complaining, or backtalking that every employer I've ever had has absolutely loved me.

Are THAT many people really THAT shit at basic jobs? I'm not doing anything special but holy fuck you'd think I am
>>
You forgot to mention that you also suck his dick after work each day.
>>
>>1070434
How'd you know I work for you dad?
>>
>>1070431

Most people have trouble with just this bc they don't want to accept their boss as their boss.

They want all the benefits of being their own boss without the risk of failure and $ loss
>>
>>1070431
yes they are. I bust my ass at work and my employers recognise and praise/reward this. my colleagues are lazy as fuck, addicted to drugs, or just dont give a fuck. Dont know how they havent been fired yet. retards
>>
>>1070431
I know this feel.

Also, I say hello and shit to my supervisors and shit. that helps immensely.

my coworker always gets into fights and they hate him, in general, they see me as the most reliable person there, and I dont do anything different. i take the same shortcuts and do the same shit. I just act nice and im sudenly an angel.

amazing how that works.
>>
>>1070431
Really depends. In a retail type job, yes, just showing up on time is half the battle. However, professional jobs are a different story. Those places, failure to do basic stuff is awesome. It's the guy who comes in on time and dies his job right that's shit on and pink-slipped.
>>
>>1070431
>come in early
>work twice as hard as everyone else
>leave with same pay as slackers

well done op
>>
>>1070431
>show up to work early
>work without whining, complaining, or backtalking
>reward: literally just told you're a good boy

I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>1070716
He never said he was working twice as hard, just that he was doing it without griping.

I show up to work every day before my boss does. I don't really do that much work and the work I do isn't terribly high quality but I do some stuff and the stuff I do isn't horrible. I gladly help others when asked and take extra work when its needed to cover for someone else, though since I'm already kind of slacking it never adds up to a full load. What's my reward for this? Constant raises, promotions, and glowing reviews.

Just not being an asshat is apparently an in-demand skill.
>>
>>1070431
How old are you? As you gain more experience working, you will quickly learn that if you set the bar too high, your employer will expect more from you. He won't fire Jamal, Chad, or Muhammed because he worked with them for a long time and knew exactly what to expect. But if you deviate even a little from the ridiculously high standards you set, or fail to pick up anyone's slack, you will be shitcanned the fastest. But yeah, showing up on time is a pretty basic thing, and I have never seen someone argue with the boss.
>>
>>1070431
It's the backtalk and showing up late that's the worst. What you should actually do is show up a little early, do exactly what you are told always, but work a little SLOWER and get a little LESS done than everyone else. The early showups and precise instruction following prove your value and the slow work shows that you know your own value. This will give you an upper hand in pay negotiations
>>
>>1070431
Oh fuck yeah. I've got about 35 full time employees. I've got 50% turnover about every 6 months. Non skilled 20 somethings are the fucking worst. I've tried wake up calls to them, buying alarm clocks, incentives to show up for work, punishment for not showing up ... I've even tried bribing them with cases of beer after work if they finish all their responsibilities. It's just a revolving door and I've come to accept it and plan for it. That being said I've got a pretty decent crew right now.
>>
>>1070904
what the hell, what industry are you in?
>>
>>1070749
i would kill to get called a good boy
>>
>>1070908
We essentially clean out foreclosures and then maintain them while they are on the market.
>>
>>1070909
lewd.
>>
>>1070913
how much do you pay/what does average rent cost in this area?
>>
I show up 10-15 mins early, joke with the bosses, never backtalk, and don't slack off. I think I'm expect to do more than my colleagues, but honestly I don't really care because working hard passes the time much better. I also have really great references and am 'moving up' in my organization much faster than most people. It's not about sucking up--it's just about having your bosses like you. Have them know that stuff is in good hands when they have you do something, and don't suck up or try to look good. Just make dealing with you be as pleasant and low-effort as possible and you'll soon be rewarded.
>>
>>1070953
10 bucks an hour to 100,000 a year. The average labor guy in the field makes $14 an hour. If you're renting, it's 250 to 400 per month per room.
>>
>>1070981
I should also add that it's usually 50 hours per week with 10 at time and a half. So average field guy takes home $39,000 a year.
>>
>>1070992
Where?
>>
You just havnt worked enough. You can show up early and do your work perfectly and be nice and people will still throw you under the bus.

Many managers will make up problems just to keep up pressure and avert pressure from their management. This is especially true on housekeeping.
>>
I work for a big financial institution and am lucky enough to work remotely from most of my peers who also happen to be in much higher positions than me. I show up to work anywhere between 9:00 and 10:00 EST and leave between 5:30 and 7:00 depending on what's going on with certain projects or even if traffic is just horrible and I want to wait it out. They don't care as long as I put in the 37.5 hours week to week. I can be logged in from home and with my cell phone tied to my desk phone no one would have any idea. Having a cool boss who gives you a high level of independence is awesome.
>>
>>1070431
This is true of life in general. It is easy, but people are lazy and entitled.

What a surprise right? Being a likeable, kind human being makes your life easier.
>>
noticed this too and always ring ahead if your going to be late, its basic manners which are ways a winner.
>>
>>1071016
Near St Paul, MN
>>
>tfw social retard but people at work like me because I work hard without complaining

I don't know why everyone avoids working so much, time goes by fast as fuck when you're busy
>>
File: laughter.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>1070431
this is very true. I am just a shift manager at pizza hut (started as a driver) and I just dont speak unless spoken to, I am always finding something to do, and I show my distaste for slackers. I make 10 an hour and am eligible for a 1 dollar raise very soon. And this work doesn't even come close to being difficult compared to other jobs I have had. And I get free food too and there is a gym across the street and I live 1 mile away. its the cycle of gains
>>
>>1071102
Any interest in expanding to Milwaukee?

I know some smart people with property management experience. They're young/looking for something new.

I'm smart/handy/bored with office.
>>
>SHOW UP
>TO
>WORK?????

WAGEKEKS PLEASE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>1070431
i'm glad that's been your experience anon, but it's every bit as much to do with your employer as it is with you. some employers simply don't have positive relationships with their staff. which is every bit as much a strategic management decision as is your situation. Loyalty and hard work to a firm is not always rewarded.
>>
>>1071185
Yes. I am in need of a subcontractor in Milwaukee and the surrounding area.
>>
>>1070431
Carerul there OP, I did the same, yeah everybody loves you but when a management position opens, nobody gives a fuck about your skills and hardworking. they are going to choose the guy who suck more dicks and is more useless.
Then you are gonna be like WHY? Well because fuck you thats why. Instead of take the productive guy, they are going to promote the lazy stupid faggot that is the manager friend or asslicker. Then he is going to take all the credit of your hard work and make everyone against you because he is afraid you are going to show how stupid he is.

Thats how the world works. Some of them became asslickers some others just work the minimum and some others quit and put their own business.
>>
I'm in middle management. If I have an employee under me where I:
>Don't have to worry about him showing up
>Don't have to check every hour to make sure he's getting his shit done
>Don't have to constantly correct his work
>Don't have to constantly put out fires that he started or deal with clients that he pissed off

I will fucking love you, tell my bosses that I love you, and give you the good assignments/projects.
If someone under me makes my life easier I'll make his life easier in return.
>>
>>1071240
Exactly. It has happened to me before.

Working hard doesn't do shit except making your manager give you more work. I've worked in a number of general labor jobs when I was younger, and I used to think the way you do: "if I'm putting in all my effort, I'll be rewarded and move up eventually." Nope. All that ended up happening, was every time the manager and his buddy's would chain smoke and chat while I'd be busting my ass working nonstop. In another job, I was working at a grocery store, and the Tyrones would often leave their job unfinished at the end of their shift, and I'd have to pick up their slack. However, the owner would then tell me he doesn't like me staying late, but if I didn't stay late to finish everything up, I'd again be called out for doing a shit job. I ended up getting fired from that job (this was like 8 years ago) by a guy who just transferred from another store in that chain, who never worked a day in my store.
>>
>>1071238
>The very first time someone ever got a job because of /biz/
>>
In my job I get to see employee statistics.

You would be surprised by how many no call no shows there are and how many hours of lateness people rack up before 90 days.

Also employee theft is nearly 10%
Over the holidays 1 in 5 will be caught stealing.

Not even in a ghetto.
>>
>>1070437
burn?..
>>
It works until you get a woman in her mid 40s with her menopause starting to kick in. They will shit on you no matter what you do cause MUH HORMONES
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.