[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada Financial General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Canada general, haven't had one in a while.

What are your oil/CAD predictions, family?

>Tfw got trolled into probably losing all my money
>Buy VFV when CAD is around 0.70
>CAD goes to 0.71
>TSX IS UP AND OIL EXPECTED TO BE UP SOON
>Literally bought at the worst time and going to lose a ton of money if it keeps going up

Should I sell now and buy the same ETF but CAD-hedged?

What are my Canadian niggas doing?
>>
>>1067694
bump
>>
Bought Tck.B at 60 dollars because my dad said it was a good deal. It's at 5 now and may go bankrupt. FML
>>
>>1067744
>He actually listened to his parents

Protip: NEVER listen to your parents, do the opposite of what they suggest

My parents:
>"Anon teach us about investing! How do we get started?"
Next day
>"Anon you know you shouldn't study Finance because there's going to be a huge depression and no one will need Financial analysts or anything, right?"
Yeah ok mom.
>>
>>1067755
Kek
>>
The housing market is still ticking me off and it's been years.

>2 beds, 1 bath, hour north of Toronto
>650k

I hate renting and at this rate i'll be renting for the rest of my life.
>>
>>1067841
But renting is cozy.

>Cozy as fuck bachelor apartment in Toronto
>$1500 a month
>IN ROSEDALE

Why wouldn't you want this?
>>
>>1067843
You're right anon, maybe I just need to rent somewhere new, current Landlord doesn't fix things (leaky roof) and it has me down in the dumps. Thanks for the inspiration anon <3
>>
>>1067881
If you can afford $1.5k/month for rent then I'd move to Rosedale.

>Rich area
>No niggers or subhuman poorfags(they simply cannot afford it)
>Peaceful as heck

I don't even live there but I have a few friends that do and I've visited them and it is like heaven on earth.
>>
>>1067881
>Rosedale has 7,672 residents, up 4.8% from the 2001 census. Average income is $213,941, one of the highest incomes of all Toronto neighbourhoods

You want to live here, right anon?
>>
>>1067841
I'd also probably consider the apartments at Forrest hill/ st clair or along the lakeshore, the areas there seem nice as well

Anyone think the housing markets gonna crash soon? I wanna be ready when it does
>>
>>1067970
Oh shit Lakeshore is fantastic.

Would be nice to just go on peaceful walks every weekend or few days.
>>
Bump

Anyone holding $RY? Looks really great, kind of regret not buying the dip a little earlier.
>>
>>1068116
>RY
I wish.

I'm long on Loblaws but not sure when to sell. It keeps teasing to go to 75 but not sure she ever will :(
>>
>>1068355
I wish I bought RY and DOL like 5 years ago.

Fuck senpai.

What do you guys think about buying CAD-hedged s&p ETFs rn? Is it a good idea? I can't really make sense of where CAD is headed.
>>
>>1068358
>DOL
haha, yeah dollarama is the real american dream success story.

I dunno bro, personally i think the dollars gonna sink a little more in the near future. I'm going to stateside on a road trip and bought american cash now to hedge.

3 years ago, I was kicking myself for listening to my gf and not moving to Alberta (for the sake of the relationship). That angel was looking out for me.
>>
>>1068372
I mean it could go both ways. Significant signs it could fall a bit more and stay rather low... but equal amount showing it could start its rise again. Who knows desu.

I regret missing out on Alberta man. I wish I worked with some dirty drug addicts on an oil rig for like 5 years and made a fuck ton of money and just bailed afterwards. Who knows though - I probably would've spent it like a retard back then.
>>
>>1068380
Same here, man. I really dig the minimalist lifestyle so I wish I could find an opportunity like the Oil rig scenario you just described, or something similar to what those guys were doing in the Revenant movie.
>>
>>1067694
the oceans arent gay
stop it
>>
>>1067843
Are you my neighbor wtf.
1400$ a month Rosedale...
>>
What's best place to have bank account and tfsa?

I feel like BMO yanking my chain, whenever i try to move money in my tfsa they make it as difficult as possible and only recommend me one portfolio...
>>
>>1069460
TD is good.

No fees to open/close/transfer TFSA which is surprising and nice desu
>>
What's stopping canada from becoming a business power house? We're a huge country and have a lot of resources that have not yet been explored, is it the government and all their policies?
>>
>>1069590
Yes.
>>
>>1069590

Government at all levels is fucking everything around. With our dollar being so fucking worthless we should have a ton of companies wanting to come here, but provincially there simply isn't a good province to invest in. Ontario for example will drain a business dry just paying hydro costs to the point it isn't worth it.

Really we need a PM who isn't afraid of anything and will tell people like Kathleen "Scandal of the week" Wynne to fuck right off and fix their shit, but it wont happen because people simply wouldn't vote for such a competent leader.
>>
>>1069670
I was thinking this too with our weak Canadian dollar, why would people not want to invest into us?

I was thinking of ideas to take advantage of this situation but it seems there's too many taxes, shipping costs, extra costs, etc to actually be profitable

I don't think our dependence on oil will change until we change policies and rules for businesses

It doesn't help that Trudeau is our leader either lol
>>
>>1069703
They don't want to invest in us because our shit fucking sucks. That's why our dollar is low in the first place.
>>
File: cloe.gif (892KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cloe.gif
892KB, 500x500px
>>1067694
cad is going down the toilet. oil is having a pause but wont "recover" ever again really. 20-40
>>
>>1069804
Kinda doubtful desu.

Didn't most analysts say that CAD would briefly touch 68 cents and then more or less stabilize and eventually recover?
>>
File: tumblr_n9bll6QzBF1qmia4io1_500.gif (1000KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9bll6QzBF1qmia4io1_500.gif
1000KB, 500x250px
>>1069815
I dont think so. it's worse than it looks for few years term
>>
>>1069831
Well I hope so, burn baby burn!(disco inferno)
>>
When are housing prices finally going to fall. Jesus christ, housing around me is at LEAST 350K for fuck all.
>>
>>1069863
>he lives in the middle of nowhere

Try $700k for a 4br 3w house anywhere even remotely commutable to TO
>>
>>1069863
I'm hoping this year or next so I can buy a nice house in Oakville or along the Lakeshore
>>
>>1069473
Till March, then it costs $75 to move your TFSA to other banks.
>>
>>1069877
>Till March, then it costs $75 to move your TFSA to other banks.

FUCKING KIKES

Just saw this literally 30 mins ago.

Damn... I was planning on dipping to QTrade or something soon, QTrade says they cover up to like $150 of fees or something to switch over.
>>
>>1069867
Me too, brobeans. When are the boomers gonna start dying and vacating these nice houses?
>>
> fees to transfer TFSA

Is there any reason not to just withdraw on December 31st and then deposit on January 1st?
>>
>>1069867
I could go for some housing correction, I would just hope that I don't lose my job in the process from some tangential consequence of that happening. Frankly I think this country has so much dead weight and useless value(like expensive houses that do nothing for the economy) that I don't really see a solution in sight. Shoulda jumped ship to Merica.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.