[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web based portfolio rebalancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: stasis2.png (57KB, 1069x441px) Image search: [Google]
stasis2.png
57KB, 1069x441px
http://forsyth.im/stasis

Hey guys.

Above is a link to a web based portfolio rebalancer that I originally just wrote for myself. I got tired of looking up quotes and punching numbers into a calculator manually, so I wrote a little app that speeds things up considerably.

All you have to do is punch in the symbols of your holdings and the number of shares that you own. Stasis (that's what I'm calling this thing) will get live-ish (20 min delay) quotes from Yahoo Finance. Then, you will need to enter the target allocation percentage for each holding. Finally, you can opt to enter the dollar amount of new contributions that you will be making. Hit 'calculate', and Stasis will give you number of shares you need to buy/sell of each holding to reach target allocation in the 'difference' column of the table.

Vanguard allows you to export your holding information as a CSV. So, I made it so that you can import this holding information directly into Stasis. All you have to enter is a target allocation percentage for each holding before calculation. Stasis can also import VMMXX (Vanguard Prime Money Market fund) holdings as a new cash contribution or as its own holding.

The project's source is located on Github: https://github.com/jf-rce/Stasis

Hopefully some of you can make use of this thing. If you have any suggestions/requests, please feel free to post an issue on the Github repo. Cheers m8s
>>
File: 1392765028066.jpg (67KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1392765028066.jpg
67KB, 500x338px
>>1066513

anyone here actually have a vanguard account?

i figured you bros would be all over something like this.

...no?
>>
>>1066718
fuck off
>>
>>1066737
woah rude
>>
>>1066737
Don't be a dick

>>1066513
This is pretty cool, but rather simple. Sorry. Might use it a few times but its a cool side project.
>>
>>1066790
>but rather simple

What could I add to make it better? Any suggestions?
>>
>>1066797
Not him but how about:
-stock symbol lookup
-round target share number to nearest integer (at least for share prices <100$)
-decimal marks for large numbers
-show total portfolio value
-move contributions and calculate closer to the top (Couldn't find them at first, maybe I'm just retarded idk)
-two pie charts that show asset allocation, before and after adjusting the portfolio
>>
>>1066837
>-stock symbol lookup
>-round target share number to nearest integer (at least for share prices <100$)
>-decimal marks for large numbers
>-show total portfolio value
>-move contributions and calculate closer to the top (Couldn't find them at first, maybe I'm just retarded idk)
>-two pie charts that show asset allocation, before and after adjusting the portfolio

these are good ideas.

i might add a settings for round/not rounding. I prefer no rounding of targets, but i can see why people may want whole numbers too.

symbol lookup is a great idea. i'll try to add that.

commas for larger numbers + portfolio total value + allocation pie charts should all be doable.

thanks senpai
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.