[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How lucrative would an organ selling business be, assuming it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 694300_orig.jpg (43KB, 492x277px) Image search: [Google]
694300_orig.jpg
43KB, 492x277px
How lucrative would an organ selling business be, assuming it were legal, in the West?
>>
To be honest I think the market is very saturated, alot of churches already have an organ, plus I'd imagine the cost of starting an organ selling business to be huge.. or are you just planning on reselling organs?

Apart from churches I really don't know who'd be interested in buying organs nowadays.
>>
>>1065870
I'll take two
>>
>>1065870
>Apart from churches I really don't know who'd be interested in buying organs nowadays.

Music schools. However, they usually have existing organs which are like 100 years old.
>>
>>1065870
How about people who want to practice using an organ at home?
>>1065880
Does the price of an organ go up over time like wines?
>>
>>1065888

Transplanting an organ is a really delicate procedure. You almost have to be a surgeon to do it successfully.
>>
>>1065899
>You almost have to be a surgeon to do it successfully.
Almost? Son it's by far the most mechanically demanding process known to man, one SLIGHT misstep and you give your patient a death sentence.
>>
>>1065899
Wouldn't the market evaluate the cost of professional surgeons autonomously such that people who can afford organs could buy them?
>>
It would be extremely lucrative. It's so fucking lucrative that the current organ market is lucrative despite:

>being illegal pretty much everywhere
>having to bring western clients to 3rd world hell holes to have surgery
>actively being thwarted by a number of agencies like the UN and INTERPOL

Watched a doc on it. The guy who basically invented the kidney transplant is not wanted by the UN and can't travel because his "black market" organ dealings. He is unrepentant, argues he not only saved countless lives, but also the organ sale money, while small by Western terms, is life changing for the 3rd world donors.
>>
>>1065857
There was actually a pretty interesting economics book ("Who gets what and why") which talked about why organ transplants are match markets instead of price markets everywhere in the world except Iran (buying/selling is legal there as far as I understood).

Basically to successfully do it at scale, you need a chain of people. Imagine you have people A and B needing kidney transplants. A has a brother who is not his own match, but is a match to B. B has a brother who is not his own match but is a match to A. You can establish a chain where A's brother is a donor to B and B's brother is a donor to A, with surgery being performed simultaneously. Things like that....

Basically, selling and buying organs will not achieve the efficiency and scale of a match market. I'm sure some get away with it for a while (Albania is a known offender, some say Israel dabbles in it as well for its citizens), but its a good way to get a lifetime jail sentence.
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (104KB, 790x316px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
104KB, 790x316px
>>1065870
I honestly prefer organs than synthesizers. So much more majestic.
However I don't think it would be a profitable business because their high costs make turnover low.
>>
>>1065857
I heard a thing on the radio a few years back so my memory is a bit faded but IIRC a heart transplant is close to $1.5m
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.