[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uhh..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

What does /biz/ think about pooling some crypto into a mutual fund and investing together?

If /pol/ can try to fund their own country, why can't /biz/ create a fund?

Pic not related.
>>
i can put some AUD into this effort.
>>
>>1063138
invest in what exactly?
>>
>>1063200
That depends on who participates, how much is in the fund and what would be agreed upon.

It would need to be a decision for everyone I think. Everyone would be a stakeholder. I'm not interested in going full-blown crypto.
>>
>>1063213
To further elaborate, crypto might be the means of funding initially, and we could set aside a budget for crypto, but we should be looking broader in scope.
>>
>>1063138
PS: A little more incentive. For all the NEETs out there who are trying to learn to invest. And the newfags, this would be a way to dip your toes in without getting washed out and to learn from other more experienced investors.
>>
So we would be buying diversified stocks with crypto? Could be fun.
>>
>>1063231
Basically I'd see it as one big portfolio. If we raised enough funding we could even hedge against currency risk and what not.
>>
>>1063231
And yeah we'd probably start with US Equities, and indexes and what not.

(And I don't mean go long like bagholders. I think we'd have to short in the near-term.)
>>
>>1063234
What currency risk? This is an international board and fiat is doomed anyway.
>>
>>1063267
Depends on who is invested and what macro risk is out there.

Even if fiat is doomed, it won't collapse in one go.
>>
>>1063271
Surely currency hedging is for old people who need retirement income in a specific currency. I would imagine we're just trying to grow the most valuable collection of assets possible regardless of what's happening with our home currencies.
>>
>>1063138

I don't hold any crypto at the moment but I'd get some for this, sounds like fun. Arguing about how to invest will be a huge pain though, if there's many of us.
>>
>>1063276
No. Hedging would be a way to extract the gains while mitigating the losses from currency fluctuations.

Some things might be better off unhedged of course. It really depends on the expectations or risks involved. Equities denominated in USD could rise, for instance, while the USD Index fell. In that case you'd want to try to manage the downside currency and extract the equities gains.
>>
I think the portfolio should be 100% ETH
>>
>>1063280
We'd probably need to have pitches for prospective investments and then vote based on the information presented. If the system goes to shit we might have to look at a more meritocratic way to go for it.

Legally it might also be problematic, given the international nature of it. Anyway, we can look into that as we go. First stage is gauging interest.
>>
>>1063283
Ah got it.
>>
How do we know you arent going to do a runner with our money?

Multisig? A smart contract?

We could build it as a DAO
>>
>>1063285
I think we could get voting token crypto based on how much we have invested into the fund. You would then lose or gain vote tokens to others based on the performance of the proposals you voted for. The voting token system could even be done in ethereum like augur but for actual investing in the fund proper crypto currencies like bitcoin and monero would be best. Bitcoin having the lowest spread to turn into currency to buy stocks with.
>>
>>1063292

Needs to be discussed. I'm a cunt and a know-it-all, but I'm not dishonest. Making sure we had an arrangement that satisfied everyone (even if it was full-blown legal) would be needed.

>>1063295
We'd probably need to discuss this. I mean, I'm happy to entertain any kind of arrangement, however innovative. But the participants need to fully understand how it works.

I don't really know anyone and what their backgrounds/expertise are. That would be a big part of figuring things out.

I'm a business/finance guy myself. Have a bit of STEM education (two years in STEM before I switched major.)
>>
Yup this thing needs to have a black and white. which means divulging our identities.

Why not just create an imaginary portfolio that everyone mimicks?
>>
>>1063304
>Why not just create an imaginary portfolio that everyone mimicks?

The benefit of pooling funds would be that better opportunities open up. Bigger cash float = better access to markets and so on.

If we just want to set up a play account portfolio competition or something, we can do that too.
>>
>>1063304
>Why not just create an imaginary portfolio that everyone mimicks?

I'd guess most people would lose interest quickly.
>>
>>1063308
See >>1063307

Some markets have capital requirements. Barriers to entry and so on.

Also, play accounts, while fun, won't compare to real hands on trading experience. There's also a benefit to pooling knowledge and research.

I do participate in a play account competition myself. Up 3% in 8 days, turned 11% since December across two competitions.

I also trade actively when the opportunity presents: see earlier thread on shorting ETH. I was the OP.
>>
>>1063315

Well I gotta say, in terms of expertise, I'm low on the scale.

I'm a programmer with an engineering degree, and I've only been dabbling in finance for a short while.
>>
>>1063317

I'm best at macro analysis. General market trends etc.

I'll try to set up a /biz/ virtual competition anyway, and shill it. Otherwise everyone can just join an existing competition that I'm in.
>>
>>1063326

I'd be up for a biz competition, no doubt. Would love to go against more experienced traders and see where I end up.
>>
>>1063337
See >>>1063373
>>
>>1063307
>>1063317
>>1063292
>>1063295
>>1063182
>>1063231

I will have a think about how to structure this, and whether there is a way to do it without divulging too much info.

Was just seeing if anyone would be legit interested. Structuring it will be the tricky part. Leave it with me.
>>
requires setting up a corporation, accounting, registration and following bunch of other rules that I doubt anyone who is capable enough on this board would give a fat fuck about creating one catered towards a bunch of poor NEETs
>>
>>1063326
> I'm best at macro analysis. General market trends etc.

also, no you aren't. you're a fuckboy
>>
>>1063557
Not if you use a DAO. I will look around see if there is already code for such a thing.
>>
>>1063563
rofl. please stop. you have no idea how a DAO would work for a mutual fund

the creators would still have to follow the same laws of their jurisdiction. how else are you going to get assets redeemed off the blockchain?
>>
>>1063138
A crypto fund already exists.

I told everyone a few days ago that new money was going to tush into any altcoin with a pulse trying to catch the next eth. Today? Double digit gains all around , triple digit in some.

Thing is about a fund , these memecoins have no fundamentals and technical analysis is a joke too. What would drive our buying and selling?

The current one I believe just buys the top 20 by market cap or something.
>>
>>1063580
He means an anonymous fund that invests in the securities market that people contribute to with cryptos
>>
>>1063571
>how else are you going to get assets redeemed off the blockchain?

Comvert to btc and then coinbase to usd to bank account.

This is cryptocurrency. On the internet. Not sure why you think its gonna require business licence etc

Still the wild west as far as cruptos bucko
>>
>>1063587
yeah, who is going to be doing the conversion? huh? it completely defeats the purpose of a DAO if someone has to do the conversion for the investors

furthermore, he is talking about a mutual fund and wants to include things other than crypto and probably wants fees too (top kek)
>>
>>1063557
I've incorporated businesses before. Butthurt ETH bagholder detected.
>>
>>1063601
You'll end up on my shitlist bateman if you carry on.
>>
>>1063607
Shitposting a shitposter. Nothing more.
>>
>>1063601
so impressive. are you an RIA? do you know what you have to do to become one?

good luck with all that
>>
>>1063618
No I'm not an RIA. Yes I know what needs to be done to become one.

Not opening a hedge fund though. This would just be a little side project for /biz/ anons.
>>
>>1063618
Oh and also, of course I wouldn't be charging fees. The experience and access to research would be enough. I'm still studying a masters. Having a solid portfolio and experience would be enough for me at this stage.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.