[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bottled water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Days-365+48b-bottled-water-aisle.jpg (381KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Days-365+48b-bottled-water-aisle.jpg
381KB, 1600x1200px
what has the free market done?
>>
>>1062606
I wanna say it bottled water, but this feels like a trap.
>>
>>1062606
The free market allows people to profit off of others' stupidity

I see nothing wrong
>>
>>1062624
>bottled water stupidity
>drinking Flint water
pick one
>>
>>1062606
I live in a poor shithole with unreliable tap water. Thanks capitalism I can drink quality water for relatively little money.

Have fun with your dysentery, commie scum.
>>
>>1062606
>Le we should all draw water from the communal well and hope for the best
>>
>>1062626
In burgerland, they drink colas and dews more than water.
>>
>>1062629
Nominated: /biz/ Post of the year 2016.
>>
>>1062639
You can't be serious.
>>
>>1062606

American tap water is shit in most cases.

If you drink it, or even cook with it, don't be surprised if your life is cut short by illness one day.
>>
>>1062752
Its actually pretty darn good here unless you live in some urban shithole like LA
>>
The free market has allowed you to move over to a different isle and purchase whatever in the fuck you went to the store to buy. Thank the capitalist entrepreneur for putting a store close by for you to conveniently bitch about.
>>
>>1062758

> good

IDK man, I've heard stuff about the flouride and other things in our water that we don't even realize.

I think my college did a study on tap water outside Atlanta that said it contains trace amounts of prescription and OTC drugs.
>>
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/drugs-in-our-drinking-water
>>
Feels to live in the middle of nowhere at the foot of a mountain, right below a fresh water spring
>>
>>1062824
mountain water =/= fresh water all the time

do you know the geology of the mountain? any industries in the drainage basin?
>>
>>1062606
Goddamit I can buy clean, purified water? Fuck capitalism FEEL THE BERN
>>
>>1062752
Bottled water is practically the shit
>>
File: tmp_5863-ELA5001752525237.png (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5863-ELA5001752525237.png
128KB, 500x500px
>>1062629
The reason you live in a poor shithole with fucked up water is because capitalists keep the area artificially poor to be able to sell you bottled water.

Keep cucked my friend
>>
>>1062606
It created another instance of arbitrage.
Not all areas have clean or potable water sources.
Not all areas have the resources to create proper decontamination facilities.

By putting water in a bottle you have created a means of transferring clean potable water to an area that would otherwise not have that resource.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
>>
>>1062606
When has there ever been a free market?

America was pretty close around 1776-1900, so Id say it built America and sparked the industrial revolution in 125 years.
>>
>tfw live in rural Scotland with refreshing non lethal tap water
Ehehehehehehe
>>
>>1062937
>tfw the English keep invading and killing you and The Bruce guy keeps selling you out so it doesnt even matter
>>
>>1062942
Yeah well southern England is like stepping into the middle east and Scotland's over 90% white so who's laughing now?
>>
>>1062784
I was under the impression that fluoride is added to water intentionally for dental health reasons. In general my experiences with tap water have been fine.
>>
>First world country citizens
>Pay taxes
>No access to public drinkable water
>Grateful that they can buy bottles

So much cuckholdery.
>>
>>1062758
Yeah, drinking chlorine sure is healthy :) enjoy your cancer
>>
>>1062752
>American tap water is shit in most cases.

This.

It's full of chlorine, which is terrible for your G.I bacteria.
>>
The tap water in New York City is pretty good.
>>
the convenience of bottled water outweighs the cost.

add the cost of buying your own filters, the time spent filling your glasses/reusable bottles. the time cleaning and switch the filters/bottles. the cost of losing your reusable bottle and having to replace it, etc.

bottled water is cheap as fuck and very practical if your water supply ever goes to shit.
>>
You cannot live on H2O, you do not want PURE H2O water.
If you don't have solid access to clean water then think about a cistern with a nice filter and have water delivered when needed.

Bottles are for convenience, commuting and traveling. Plastic bottle will release tiny flecks of plastic over time due to physical stresses on the thin plastic during transport and consumption. This plastic is now inside you anon.
>>
File: 1428785832358.jpg (123KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428785832358.jpg
123KB, 720x720px
>mfw I live in a city with one the highest water qualities in the world
>mfw everywhere I travel, tap water just tastes like absolute shit and I have to but bottled water

I can kind of understand how so many ameritards drink all those sodas, if the tap water tastes like absolute crap desu
>>
>>1063069
>>1063091
>implying most bottled water isn't just relabled tap water
>>
>>1063369
>source: my ass
>>
>>1063230
Ameritard here, if you don't live in a rich kid community with personal wells, the water is pretty fucking terrible
>inb4 muh first world problems
Try drinking out of the local fountain at a park or school, you'll see
>>
>>1062629

Seriously this. Go have a big glass of third world tap water and let me know how it goes.
>>
>Tfw live in Canada and have drank strictly tapwater for the last 4 years

It's really not that bad desu. The taste is a little different compared to when I drink bottled water bu it's not too bad.

I don't really know how to drink water properly without some $1000 meme filter shilled on /pol/ or something. Bottled water is pretty much the same thing except it's in plastic bottles filled with xenoestrogens.
>>
>bottled water
>>
>>1062606
Bottled water is fine as a backup in the event that your pipes get fucked
>>
>>1062901
Some of these "shitholes" got this way overtime with bad infrastructure development or maintenance. However, bad water in good areas is often a sign the public water supply is privately owned, research shows when the people and their government run the water, it's usually better, but almost immediately after it's turned over to private investors, the water quality suffers.
>>
>>1063389
It's true though. Do some research.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.