[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're now in possession of an imaginary $50k, which happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: serious business.jpg (9KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
serious business.jpg
9KB, 400x224px
You're now in possession of an imaginary $50k, which happens to be your entire net worth.

How will you make this money to work for YOU?
>>
Buy 10k pairs of kneepads
>>
>>1062423
buy oil
>>
Investing into stock/bonds is out of question. You would need at least a million or two to gain anything in those market(s).

Only three logical choices seems to be:
- spend it on learning something(self-investment)
- use as starting capital for a business/startup
- buy crypto

Am I on the right track of thought?
>>
>>1062465
>buy crypto
He wants to make money not lose it.
>>
>>1062465
Stocks -> invest $20-50k

500 shares of a $1 company
Company moves ^$1
Generated $400 with ease..
>>
Put a deposit on a house
>>
File: mj-demarco1[1].jpg (105KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
mj-demarco1[1].jpg
105KB, 540x300px
>>1062506
>People who drive Lamborghinis and jetset around the world did not get there because they “Got Rich Slowly” by investing in mutual funds, clipping coupons, and maxing out their 401Ks. Those techniques are not an effective road to wealth.
>>
File: 1423109595061.jpg (34KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1423109595061.jpg
34KB, 368x368px
>>1062423
30k VUN
10k VAB
10K VCN

I'm boring I know
>>
>>1062531
He has 50k, and finding a stock that will move $1 over a day/week is not that difficult.. That's one trade, $400.. Now rinse and repeat, youre generating a steady cash flow with simple investment techniques and a small amount of time.
From there you can look into starting other investment ideas such as a business and property.. You're just still making money while you study up on other areas you want to venture into.
>>
>>1062531
>People who drive Lamborghinis and jetset around the world
most of those types of people were born into money
>>
>>1062544
>finding a stock that will move $1 over a day/week is not that difficult
I don't think you understand how stocks work on a fundamental level
>>
>>1062423
Pick a random portfolio of 30 stocks from the top-1000 companies in the USA, equally weighted ($1666 each).
>>
>pay off my debts in full
>save 10k in TFSA and liquid cash
>throw the rest at my house
>>
>>1062537

You may be boring but you're my kind of cannuck. Probably outdo anything that these guys come up with over time, too.
>>
>>1062709

Or just buy SPY, right? Then it's easier.
>>
>>1062707
You're right I honestly have no clue
>>
>>1062423

20k to VTI
20k to BND
10k reserves
Find work
>>
>>1062749
Performs worse the vast majority of the time.
>>
>>1062762

Because lack of small cap?
>>
>>1062423
Buy ten thousand five dollar donuts
>>
>>1062423
Buy ethereum ;)
>>
>>1062423
Put 40 as a down payment on some real estate, and 6k for renovation and improvements and rent it out. Last 4 on coke and hookers
>>
>>1062830

Where can you find real estate for 40k? I mean with a structure on it?
>>
>>1062772
Could be because SPY is cap-weighted (meaning companies with a higher market cap make up a higher proportion of the total price and vice versa).
>>
File: 847.jpg (150KB, 866x640px) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150KB, 866x640px
Spent $20 a week on lottery tickets and assume you win the lottery before you die. Thats my actual plan.
>>
>>1062849
If you're a first time buyer you can get a conventional mortgage with 3% down. With an FHA loan you can get in for 3.5% down. With an FHA 203k loan you can get in for 3.5% down AND build rehab costs into the mortgage. You can have the seller cover closing costs. You can also get a 2nd mortgage for closing costs if necessary.
>>
>>1062423
Put it in a 401k, anon, obviously...

...Just kidding. I'd set up a fully diversified portfolio and manage the positions every 1-2 weeks.
>>
>>1063203
http://powerball-simulator.com/
>>
>>1062465
>spend it on learning something(self-investment)
That's called an internet connection and it doesn't cost 50k

>use as starting capital for a business/startup
If you have an idea for a business then rent everything, use no more than 10k, if it starts earning any money use the rest to improve.

>buy crypto
Yeah, and Avon cosmetics while you're at it.
>>
Make three time deposits of 12k each, for three months each, waiting one month between making each deposit.
Keep the rest of the money in a savings account, use some of it to buy cheap nerdy stuff such as webcam, microphone, graphics tablet, etc., and see how profitable they can become.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.