[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (451KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
451KB, 600x700px
Im a forex part time trader. currently averaging 5% roi on the few trades i place per month.

Has anyone had positive results using an autotrader ? and if so can you post account history .
>>
>>1061781
I traded futures using TT's autotrader... now I roll my own with a developer. What use is some random stranger's account statements to you?
>>
No but interested. Bump!
>>
File: forex1.jpg (10KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
forex1.jpg
10KB, 221x228px
Technical or Fundamental mostly?
>>
>>1061781
>Has anyone had positive results using an autotrader
Don't do it senpai. Algos have a long tail risk that ends up catching up with them and burning entire accounts in no time. I've met a few algo traders but they were always tweaking their system to avoid getting rekt by changing market conditions.

My advice would be to find a good strategy with a definite entry/stop loss, and use fundamentals to ride long term trends. Risk accordingly, and remember, if you are not at least doublingyour account each year, you're not doing it right.
>t. profitable
>>
>>1061781
can someone recommend some good books on strategies to trade by?
>>
>>1063670
Buy low, sell high. Try to end up with legal tender in your country.

Step one is easy. Step two counts on the currency moving as you want. Step three counts on the market moving as you want.
>>
>>1063676
alternatively:

buy high, sell higher

sell low, buy lower

the trend is your friend
>>
>>1063676
>>1064126
are these actually book title recommendations or r u just spouting memes?
>>
>>1063451
>being this worried about fat tail risks

Just diversify and hedge properly.
>>
>>1064471
book titles? nope...
>>
>>1063670
>>1063676
>>1064126
>>1064471
>>1064526
why is it that every time i ask for a good book on forex no one ever provides any. does /biz/ actually study these things or is this a board of meme spouters
>>
You will NEVER make money on forex.

Exchange fees too high. The banks know too much.
>>
>>1064537
probably because you're asking for the wrong things

if someone has published a book on 'forex' you'll likely find it is garbage....
>>
>>1064537
if you want to learn how the FX market works then download the notes for the ACI dealing certificate

if you want to learn about analysing time series data or learn about trading strategies... then there are books that would give you a start in that area... depends what you're trying to do really
>>
>>1064588
>trading strategies
this is what i want, someone has to have written on this right?
>>
>>1064593
yes and people have published papers etc..
>>
>>1064597
can you recommend one?
>>
>>1064597
what I should say is there are lots of ways to invest/trade... simply asking for a book on 'forex' is going to get you the same old garbage you can find on babypips or wherever people go to learn about the big meme that is internet 'forex' trading...

if you're going to just open an account at some broker that provides you with a two way quote and maybe some 'technical analysis' tools then probably isn't much to add
>>
>>1064549
translation: i tried and failed because i'm a greedy shitter who thought it was a get rich quick scheme so that can only mean that EVERYBODY sucks and not just me.

>>1064593
babypips.com

that's your new favorite website. go to their school and start learning. practice for months before you go live. don't be greedy like the shitters ITT.
>>
>>1061781
I'm new to this, I suck at math but love numbers, give me the basics on trading, no essays please
>>
What does biz think of renko EA offline charts for MT4?
>>
>>1065557
No search it yourself you fucking lazy faggot
>>
>>1065557

buy high

sell low

use the max leverage always
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.