[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone mining ethereium? im getting into it and going to upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

anyone mining ethereium?

im getting into it and going to upgrade a single computer, mainly graphics card and maybe processor.

ive got an amd r7 260xor something.
>>
>>1061462
>look at me mom I'm so pro using pro words like mining now i fit in and such am gonn be rich mom xddd
>>
Great, another Ethereum thread.
>>
>>1061475
this ones different. its about mining. i dont want to spend money for ether, i want to get it for free.
>>
Im mining with gtx 970 I get about 0.65 eth per day. get 280x or 2 if you have the psu. it does 23-24 MH/s compared to my 17.5. You have about 6 months to mine
>>
>>1061470
thats the fucking word m8. what is a better alternative?
>>
>>1061543

This is /biz so let's talk /biz

0.65 per day x 2.649 = $1.72 per day
GTX 970 card = $305

Therefore (assuming you need to use the computer only for mining while you are mining)...

You need to mine for 177 days straight just to pay for your video card.

This doesn't take into account any of the following...

1. The cost of electricity to run the computer

2. Any wear and tear or depreciation on the computer over the time.

3. If ETH is like BTC where it gets progressively harder to mine, which means a built in reduction in the amount you can mine per day.
>>
I didnt buy the card for mining so I dont give a fuck. Actually I would love for it to die so I can RMA it to resell for a higher price than used.
Electricity is cheap here about 5c per KW/h. Average wage is $400 so you bet your sweet pee pee every little bit helps.
>>
You should always mine something like this if you can, this is about the only cryptocurrency that has a good chance of being bigger than bitcoin.

I don't have the time or technical knowhow so I just bought a mining contract paid up front for a whole year

Genesis mining.
>>
>>1061705
how do you do that?

do you need a better gpu? are you using geth?
>>
Mining is dead bro, you missed the boat by three years.

Mining Bitcoin is not profitable and all the new shitcoins are premined pump and dumps
>>
>>1061710
Mining contract from genesis mining.

You pay, they mine ether
>>
File: image.png (118KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118KB, 640x640px
>>1061758
>>
>>1061760
cool. do you have a premium account or did you just do the cheapest?
>>
>>1061773
Dunno, there was a special offer on ether mining with a promo code around christmas time so I went for it.
>>
>>1061773
And it's the easiest way to buy ETH with a credit/debit card and probably the cheapest way too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.