[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>doctors work really hard Where did this urban legend or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: doctor-6.jpg (352KB, 2457x2940px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-6.jpg
352KB, 2457x2940px
>doctors work really hard

Where did this urban legend originate from?

My doc smokes weed and drives a cayman. Even though the average moralfag would be triggered by this type of behavior and immediately start a petition on change.org, he told me a lot of docs are not too different than him and have a lot of "secret hobbies" the public would simply freak out if they found out. Is this true?
>>
The sad truth anon, is that this one doctor is representative of the entire US medical practice.

It's all a sham, and yes, you've been lied to.

Time to start buying ethereum.
>>
>>1061427
No, buy Dogecoin instead.
>>
>>1061419
>my doctor drives a 25k USD used car
so what?
>>
You know fucking dick all about the medical profession. Doctors only usually go through a decade more of school and training because they give a shit about people, and employers work doctors in America to the bone to take advantage of that love of people.
>>
>>1062872
Actually it's more like Medicine is a cartel which intentionally keeps the supply of doctors low so that every doctor get's paid a ridiculous salary in exchange for working long hours.

>http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings/best-paying-jobs

Doctors have 9 of the top ten paying jobs (10 is nurse anaesthetist) because their supply is being artificially restricted.
>>
>retardedly long and expensive to study
>80+ hr work week
>always on call
>deal with shit all day

being a doctor is a really bad job
>>
>>1061419
So go be a doctor if it's not that hard of work?

Doesn't matter the profession, some people work hard and some do significantly less than their potential.
>>
>>1062900

Dude. As a practicing medical doctor fuck you. You know jack shit all about medicine. We get paid approximate $100 per hour to do well over $350 per hour worth of consultation even without even more expensive followups, prescriptions, nurses salaries (less than ours by a lot) and testing. We are the skilled labor that the medical industry could not function without, and we are effectively junior partners in our own offices unless we go private practice.

>their supply is being artificially restricted

Yeah okay faggot, have some fucker who didn't go to med school cut you open and do your appendectomy half off and see what happens.
>>
File: aku_barks.png (125KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
aku_barks.png
125KB, 355x355px
>>1062910
and 50% tax rate on top of that
>>
>>1062915

Go back to your Cayman, pothead. The jig is up; we all know now what you're up to.
>>
>Yeah okay faggot, have some fucker who didn't go to med school cut you open and do your appendectomy half off and see what happens.
All I'm suggesting is raising admissions rates to med-school and residency training. You can't tell me that you think a 3% acceptance rate captures the majority of competent doctors.

The fact that you have to work 14 hour days is a sign that the industry is broken as fuck.
>>
>>1061419
>My doc smokes weed and drives a cayman

What does either of those things have to do with how fucking hard he works?

He probably smokes weed because his workload stresses him to all hell and drives a cayman because he has to drive to work everyday anyways, might as well get something that gives him a brief glimpse of happiness.
>>
>>1062872
>of that love of people
Of our love of money, and you only get worked if you can find work. If you fuck up, expect at least 50,000 less a year
>>
Can confirm my doctor played world of warcraft in his office at work all day.

This was a general practitioner in a small town with a monopoly. Im sure that doesn't fly for doctors that work at big hospitals.
>>
>>1061419
My gf is doing her residency right now and says the doctors hide from their patients half the time they're on a shift
They have nurses and interns do anything they (probably) won't legally get in trouble for, and talk shit about their patients half the time in the conference room
Sounds pretty fun desu
>>
I just think of that doctor from Cleveland, OH whose life in part was based on that movie The Fugitive with Harrison Ford. That's some kinky shit.
>>
>>1062915
>We are the skilled labor that the medical industry could not function without
So union up and strike faggot
>>
>>1062915

>We get paid approximate $100 per hour to do well over $350 per hour worth of consultation

It could be a lot worse. Mechanical engineer here. I get paid $400 per day and my company is billing $1500 for my consultation.
>>
>>1064767
I bet your gf got those unbiased facts from actual observation and not lazy ass gossiping and complaining while standing around on the job right?
>>
>>1062946
It's not getting accepted into med school that's the problem, it's getting a residency position

It isn't even that bad in America as it is in Canada. People literally have to wait weeks just for a checkup because there aren't enough doctors.
Where are all the doctors? Driving taxis because not only is Canada cutting down on open residency positions, but they're also rejecting visas to let people work in the States as doctors.

Fuck Canada, I'm gonna marry an American and not deal with the visa bullshit
>>
>>1062900
Partially true. Not sure if this applies to all countries but certainly here the doctors lobby group has worked hard to make sure unis and work sites can only train a low amount of doctors a year. Everyone wants to be a doctor but not everyone can get a spot - it keeps a wheel spinning on a money making machine that is entry exams as well as indeed, prevents wage shrinkage. Unfortunately for them foreign doctors will slowly rip into doctor wages.

They do a lot of study and a lot of work to be doing what they are doing, though indeed the vast majority are overpaid in my opinion, though I'm certain any doctor would disagree.
>>
>>1064796
Ex-consultant was making about $35 per hour. Billed out at $430 per hour.
>>
>>1064961
>It isn't even that bad in America as it is in Canada. People literally have to wait weeks just for a checkup because there aren't enough doctors.

Seriously FUCK this country for healthcare-related shit.

Yeah I get that it's """""""free""""""" but it takes a borderline criminally-negligent time to get seen if you're not literally bleeding out to death.

>Minimum of 5 hours in the ER if not currently dying
>Weeks to see GP for an appointment and they're ALWAYS late by an hour or two because it's already le paid for so why even bother hurrying up?
>Surgery waitlists are over and around a year for many of them, in some parts of Canada certain surgeries can't even be performed
>Overall bad patient attention because a) doctors are swamped with patients because "le free" and huge lack of doctors and b) Why bother if I'm going to get paid anyway?

Worst part is there is no private healthcare at all unless you are rich enough to fly out of the country and pay out of pocket in the US or something. Really sucks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.