[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: 1434420552925.jpg (265KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1434420552925.jpg
265KB, 500x750px
I'm looking for some books to read /biz/, it can be whatever genre as long as it is interesting. It doesn't necessarily have to be a economic or financial book

I'm also looking for a fiction or non-fiction book with an economic or financial plot. Something similar to Spice and Wolf. Is there anything similar to this in a novel form?
>>
File: biz1.jpg (955KB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
biz1.jpg
955KB, 1345x1450px
>>
File: biz2.jpg (425KB, 1939x1384px) Image search: [Google]
biz2.jpg
425KB, 1939x1384px
>>
File: dealwithit5.jpg (29KB, 720x807px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit5.jpg
29KB, 720x807px
Aight, real nigga hours.

All books about finance written before the HFT renaissance are toilet paper. There does not exist a book today that can prepare you for the warzone of modern wall street.

Read journal papers about market microstructure, a PhD textbook in statistical and probabilistic reasoning, and learn C, C++, R, Matlab, some database shit, and linear algebra.

Then get fucked on the market and work as a McDonalds cashier until you die.
>>
>>1060356
real gangster shit
>>
File: tarzan of the apes.jpg (195KB, 297x600px) Image search: [Google]
tarzan of the apes.jpg
195KB, 297x600px
>>1060286
> Poorly Made in China by Paul Midler
The adventures of a company go-between trying to keep his parent cosmetics company happy without pissing off the factory too bad amid shifting and tricky social and economic states in China. Very interesting if you are curious about China and WTF has been happening there in the last 15-20 years.

> Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Badly outdated on the house flipping stuff, so read it for the mental and emotional advice on handling money, success and failure. Those things are timeless!

> Brewster's Millions (film)
Get the old one with Richard Pryor in it. A man is set to inherit a vast fortune... but only if he can blow a million dollars in a month and have NOTHING to show for it! Watch the film, then use it as a thought exercise. Apply it to find where you are burning money and revisit it as needed as you build.
>>
>>1060294
>>1060296
I'm reading the intelligent investor right now, but would like to switch genres between books. Do you recommend any books that are more plot-based with economics/finance as an important theme in the book? Something like the fall of communism from ones perspective or how the cold war affected the stock market, etc. Something similar to the wolf of wall street, can be fiction or not.

>>1060368
Poorly made in China sounds like a book I'm going to read next, is there any other you would recommend?

>>1060356
I'm not just looking at books about finance, but I'm looking for a story in the books
>>
Flash boys, a story and a glimpse into the effect of HFT
>>
>>1060836

> Something like the fall of communism from ones perspective or how the cold war affected the stock market, etc.

Red Plenty
>>
I'm currently reading through the Devils Financial Dictionary, if you're looking for something fun. Jason Zweig is a good man.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.