[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Own small service related business >Want customers to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: CheckNumber2Places.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
CheckNumber2Places.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
>Own small service related business
>Want customers to be able to write checks to company name
>Bank says need biz license
>Don't want to pay income tax for as long as possible tho
What do
>>
>>1058331
Get someone to legally change their name to your business name.
>>
Call your business Consumer Activated Service Holdings.

Have them abbreviate on the checks as C.A.S.H
>>
>>1058331
anything less than 10k is a hobby and not taxed.
>>
>>1058331
Just have them written to your name what the fuck does it matter as long as you are getting paid?
>>
>>1058331
Then get a business license and open a business checking account.

If it's a small enough operation you won't be paying much taxes if you do them correctly. Hire someone if you don't know how.

Besides, legit business to business services are doing to want your tax id once you near or cross $600.
>>
Just make them pay cash or paypal.
>>
File: in_love_016.jpg (19KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
in_love_016.jpg
19KB, 600x413px
>>1058331

> taking checks
> don't want to pay income tax

So I have been in your shoes. Here's the thing:

The ONLY way to have people be able to write checks to your business name, is to form an LLC, set up a bank account, and pay proper taxes.

Even if you keep having them write personal checks to you, IF YOU ARE DEPOSITING THOSE CHECKS INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THE IRS WILL FIND OUT.

The only way to avoid the taxes is to take only case, OR take their check to their bank and then cash it. In either case you can only spend the cash, you can't put it into an account or fund.

So you gotta decide if it is worth it. I eventually did and formed an LLC. But I always tell the customer I will discount the job if they pay in cash. Then I keep that cash off the books.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.