[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raw Deal: How Uber is screwing american workers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

I heard a lot of good things about this book:
Raw Deal - How the "Uber Economy" and Runaway Capitalism Are Screwing American Workers
http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Deal-Capitalism-Screwing-American/dp/1250071585

Does anyone have a pdf of it?
>>
"American Workers" being sandnigger cabbies who piss in bottles.
>>
File: bear_with_it.png (73KB, 329x292px) Image search: [Google]
bear_with_it.png
73KB, 329x292px
>makes public transportation cheaper and more user-friendly for everyone in the country, especially those who couldn't afford taxis in the past
>"screwing american workers"

Here's an idea: requiring a "taxi driver license" creates a racket that prevents free enterprise for people that want to be drivers. Maybe it is, in fact, the government that is screwing the American worker. But that has never happened before.
>>
Decentralised uber built using the etgereum blockchain will be entirely p2p and be a better deal for drivers and passengers by cutting out the middleman which sucks 40 billion dollars value out of the system like a giant parasite.

Uber, airbnb, all centralised sharing economy companies will get btfo by ethereum.
>>
>>1058271
I paid $37 for two 2.5 mile Uber rides on NYE.

One racket has been replaced with another, except this one gives an even greater proportion of the profits to old white men that try to do things like make it illegal to sue banks.
>>
>Smelly, dirty, disgusting cabs with cum-stained seats
>Taxi Drivers pretty much universally being known for fucking people over, taking the long route, running up the meter, etc.
>Taxi drivers being Indian with a thick accent and rude manners
>Paying a premium price for this

Gee I just don't know. WHY OH WHY do people prefer Uber instead of getting scammed by an Indian taxi drivers? Can someone help me figure this out?
>>
File: bitch.jpg (36KB, 338x395px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
36KB, 338x395px
>>1058277
>using a taxi to go LITERALLY 2.5 miles when other people needed that same vehicle to go to the airport

You paid the price that comes with demanding an inefficient allocation of resources in a functioning market. Who could ask for more?
>>
>>1058277
>>1058304
By the way, if it was so intolerable, why didn't you just use a regular taxi service?
>>
Uber is not a new concept. It existed a long time ago, but without the Internet and smartphones

It was the taxi industry that pushed for the license to begin with as a way to stop

Calling it "runaway capitalism" is ridiculous, especially when you consider the taxi license was created as collusion between business and government to prevent free market capitalism
>>
>>1058265
Uber drivers provide a superior service and at the moment that's all people care about. We all know the government is shit cant keep up with everything thats new. Eventually there will have to be a change in how the government closes up independent contractor loophole that every goddamn company is exploiting right now.
>>
File: d2a.jpg (33KB, 513x336px) Image search: [Google]
d2a.jpg
33KB, 513x336px
>>1058409
Oh yes, then the government can permanently end all forms of competition and let entrenched firms use regulatory capture to determine what customers pay for services.

Let's do that please.
>>
If anything it's enabling American workers to make more money using resources they already have. The sharing economy is more efficient
>>
File: Hans-are-we-the-baddies.jpg (40KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Hans-are-we-the-baddies.jpg
40KB, 480x272px
>>1058265
This reminds me the oil issue. Oil is finally cheap for consumers, shipping is cheaper for companies, and yet people entrenched in the "economy" (the stock market, not the actual economy where things are produced) are shitting themselves because oil prices are going down and how it's such a terrible thing.
>>
>>1058439
To be fair, we have a little problem in America where everyone with a retirement plan (pensions included) is dependent upon that fake "economy" of which you speak.

And companies will have a hard time seeking outside investment if their stock price tanks due to an oil crisis.

It might not be fair, but it is how the cookie crumbles in the first world.
>>
>>1058439

Those are the same people that unironically use the term "petrodollar"
>>
File: iXShpKo.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
iXShpKo.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>1058452
It's like they forgot the number one lesson.
>>
>>1058460
There is nothing a pension fund manager could have "diversified" in that would have salvaged his earnings over this past month other than insanely risky instruments like inverse ETFs (that wouldn't be part of a long term portfolio anyway)
>>
>>1058460
a round of bankrupticies in the US oil industry will mean that pretty much everyone is taking a 15% minimum haircut on their portfolios, no matter what you're invested in
>>
>>1058467
>>1058471
I largely mean for 401k investors, who should be primarily invested in bonds and real estate (depending on their scale) if they're planning to retire soon.
>>
>>1058439
Oil is not just low because of a supply glut.

There is a lack of demand because every major world economy is slowing or stalled. That's what people are freaking out about.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.