[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teaching poor people how to make money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1416109433310.jpg (18KB, 331x341px) Image search: [Google]
1416109433310.jpg
18KB, 331x341px
Why don't schools offer more classes for children about finance? I feel like learning about history and math and science is important, but that our schools are fundamentally fucking failing to tell people how to be responsible with money or how to not be a total chucklefuck. I've seen so many people continue to live at their means (or how they'll be able to afford it soon in the future, accruing debt), not paying off the minimum payment on said debt, and getting debt on their debt
it's crazy.
>>
The only way for us to get rich is for stupid people to get poor
>>
>>1056012
Yeah but I feel like the system is failing as far as education goes
like damn son it's pretty bad
>>
Because then it would be much harder to keep them in debt and fuck them for all that they're worth.
We can't all be millionaires
>>
>>1056010
It wouldn't magically solve anything. Most kids don't give a shit and will see it as just another boring class that they'll forget almost immediately.

The truth of the matter is we can't just rely on schools to teach kids all they need to know. Parents (and children to an extent, the internet exists all the information is literally at their fingertips) need to step up and make sure their children are educated in things from finance to nutrition.
>>
>>1056023
This

Most kids forget everything once they leave school, unless they genuinely enjoyed the subject (which often means that they learn it in their own time)

I don't think there is any point teaching kids finance, driven kids tend to pick up the entrepreneur spirit or start learning about stocks and what not in their teens, decades before others think about it.
>>
>>1056027
I just feel like there are two kinds of mindsets, it's really weird
there are those that are driven to succeed (and I mean truly succeed, the ones that make businesses and run scams and stuff) that have managed to do that human disconnect, and those that just end up being wage slaves for their whole lives with 0 drive to work.
>>
>>1056027
>unless they genuinely enjoyed the subject
Part of why I'm teaching finance to 6-9 year olds.
>>
>>1056010
I'm currently taking a personal finance class at my high school and the public school in my city offer an economics class. Both are centered around Dave Ramsey and his lectures. The class is paid for by fifth third. I like it so far. It's actually the only reason I came here because I need to learn about money
>>
>>1056015
We can't all be millionaires?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-millionaires-idUSBREA0710U20140108
>>
>>1056010
>Implying the Jews that run the Teacher's Union want you to be responsible with money
>>
>>1056010
i read a few books on finance last year because like most people, i was pretty much financially illiterate. i came out of it asking myself the exact same question.
>>1056023
it seems like it would be easier to hold a kid's attention if you're talking about money. the number one complaint of students in public school is 'when am i gonna need to know any of this shit'?
there were accounting classes and business classes offered at my high school but they were limited electives and not many people took them, so i think
>>1056123
has the right idea. but parents also need to take initiative and teach their kids about finance as well.

the idea is not to make a kid able to become a millionaire.. realistically it would be nice if we could even teach the average person how to balance a checkbook, save for retirement, and budget properly..
but of course, since people usually aren't willing to learn things on their own, there will always be people who could be better off than they are.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.