[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do investments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1438639267535.jpg (40KB, 439x439px) Image search: [Google]
1438639267535.jpg
40KB, 439x439px
Hey guys, how does one into investing n such?
I've been wondering for a while about how to do stock trading and all but I don't know where to start. Like what sites are good to use? like etrade,etc? How do use them? Is it an actual good way to make some money? They all sound good on their website but I assumed you guys would know which ones are actually credible. What are good websites to get market information? I feel like its something I could get alright at doing, and I'd like to make some money on the side. Wut do m8s
>>
bump? sorry if these are dumb questions, I don't know if they are or not
>>
I just opened an account with fidelity cause that's where my 401k is through
>>
>>1055895
Is fidelity a good company for trading?

Like in my head; is there anything like - Make account - put money in - buy/sell wisely (like on my own time at my comp - $$$$? Is it ever that simple?
>>
>>1055811
>>1055900

With your investigations and information search skills, I wouldn't bother. You'll just lose money.
>>
>>1056234
I mean I would look it up more negro, but I thought being a business board someone might have better advice
>>
Simply find some ethereum and buy it. Not rocket science friendo
>>
>>1055811
If you're under 30, invest in high-risk mutual funds.

Right now, I would look specifically at funds that track commodities and precious metals. Commodities are dropping and can only go up over the next 5 years.

Balance that out with some international equity funds, target markets of Asia and the Middle East.

Do not invest in any index funds right now.
>>
>>1055811
Do not try and be a 'day trader', just go to fidelity, USAA, principial, etc and look at their investment products. Like mutual funds etc.
>>
>>1056385
>don't invest in the index

t. Poor idiot

Buy ethereum
>>
>>1056385
Why no investing to index funds? Define right now for me. Do you have insight on index funds on long run, or just that their value will drop for some months and then I can invest in them again?
>>
>>1056394
Your investment will immediately lose value in the next 8 months. I've already migrated all of my index fund investments to commodities and equity funds.

>>1056400
Because the indices are all entering a bear market due to oil prices plummeting and Chinese market growth slowing. So yes, invest in an index fund in maybe 2017 q2 or q3.
>>
>>1056389
>>1056385
>>1056422
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Charles Schwab would be similar to using fidelity or etc ye?
>>
>>1056426
How do people as retarded as you even get the money to invest? Or are you planning on striking it big with $300?
>>
Is Plus500 rated well?
>>
I trade through my friend who runs a hedge fund

He's a fucking guru ex iBanker and smart as fuck. I'm a personal friend so he doesn't take much commission from me. He can often double or triple my money in a month. He does futures and options. FX and stock indices. Keeps staff costs low as he doesn't need many analysts just a few other traders.

tl;dr - get in with someone smarter than you who knows what the fuck they are doing
>>
>>1056435
>he can double your money

So hes the greatest trader to ever live then? Why isn't he a trillionaire right now?
>>
>>1056439
Hes 29 and worth about 10 mil GBP

Started with nothing (worked in fast food)

Because he loses money some weeks

Before the fed rate rise in December I tripled my money in 2 weeks
>>
>>1056428
Well I mean, I found I had an account with 400$ in it. Not tryna make a lot of money off it obviously retard, but I figured why let it sit there. I'm no business major or have any prior knowledge of stuff like this. But it's nice to know niggershits like you can't conceive of a person who might want to learn about something with no prior knowledge.

Any other questions Tyrone?
>>
>>1056435
>double or triple money in a month

at a rate of doubling money every month (not even tripling), starting with 1 dollar, if he were to keep that up for just say 4 years he'd already be a billionaire

lmao
>>
>>1056837
Jamal, that's not what he's saying. You don't understand the concept of investing.

Starting out (assuming you're not a trust fund baby) your income from working is all you have. In order to turn that income into enough to grow, you need 10K+. 2K at a bare minimum to even get started in any meaningful way. NEET's on this board dream and project all day like this guy >>1056435 but that's not reality.

In other words, for your money to work for you it requires that you actually have some. You've got a one week min wage paycheck and you're asking about investing. Full retard basically. Which is why he's calling you one.

Put it into a high interest online savings account and wait until you have enough to start a legitimate investment portfolio.
>>
>>1056934
>You don't understand the concept of investing.
Yes. I never done it before. Purpose of this thread. Thank you for elaborating though.
>>
>>1056944
I hear yah. I know whenever I don't understand something very important in life - my first stop is 4chan too.

I'd recommend Barclays for that online savings account btw if you're in the states. No minimums or fees. Stable rate.
>>
>>1056944
>I feel like its something I could get alright at doing, and I'd like to make some money on the side

>Can't even google
>Has under $500
>I """""feel"""""" as though I can make money investing even thouh i have no idea what any of it is about

Seriously what kind of answer did you expect?

I really hope you're a teenager because if you're not then you are mentally retarded.
>>
>>1056966
ye, thx m8 ill check that out.

>>1056969
>just turned 20;
>have googled
>every site plays themselves up to sound good
>ask a """"business board""""""""" for help which they think would be best; go ahead re read my previous posts if you'd like
>yes haves under 500$, no job, but i can make money doing other things if this pans out at all to add more to that 400$ :(
>i think of myself as good at noticing trends quickly.

Incomes you
>imblying
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.