[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for Assets I Can Afford!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tweak n clyde.jpg (143KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
tweak n clyde.jpg
143KB, 600x494px
So I have a bit of money I'd like to invest, about $5,000.

Stocks are scary and weak right now. CDs are a joke. Etc. Not much is paying anything. Not much can even keep up with inflation. I don't have anywhere near enough capital to get into real estate, but even if I did I'm not sure it's a good time for that.

So right now my moola is mostly parked in index funds, with a bit in silver (ha). But I would like to be collecting assets.

I sometimes buy tax liens, and get a pretty much guaranteed return of 16% or so that way. But the liens available locally are few and far between, not very high in value, and they only sell them once a year. I don't have the time to investigate liens in other locales.

I've invested a bit into an indie computer game in exchange for percentage of profits. Maybe it'll be a dud, but from what the developer is showing me progress-wise I'm hopeful for a mini-hit. At least my investment is small enough I won't be out much.

Been developing some intellectual property. Not very creative though, and am a shit marketer and my heart isn't really in it. I've made perhaps only $500 or so over the past 3 years with this. Bleh.

So, any other ideas for things I could look into? Assets! Assets! Assets!
>>
bump for interest
>>
Guess either no one is here, or no one has ideas, or everyone is just keeping their precious ideas to themselves. :)
>>
>>1054194
>Stocks are scary and weak right now.
This is exactly the time to invest in stocks. I would suggest GM, INTC or CAT. Good companies with solid dividends.
>>
>>1054194
i hear some 5 kg 17th century dutch dust collections go for 10k-15k in english auction houses.
>>
Start a company, market the company.
>>
>>1054206
I'm not really buying the whole "when the market crashes is the best time to buy". That's what they said 2-3 years ago, and we've only fallen more since then. And since the recession is NOT over, those companies don't seem like a good bet. They've been reporting poor outcomes lately. Maybe if GM lands a deal to make the Google car or something I'll reconsider.

>>1054795
As I said, I'm a shit marketer. But I guess if I keep plugging away at it I can only improve.
>>
>>1054194
Buy S&P 500. You will thank me later when it reachs 4000 in 1-2 years.

Screenshot this. The so called crash was just an interim low.
>>
>>1055821
Well, all I've been doing for now is S&P index funds. So okay.

But this "interim low" of yours has been going on for 5+ years now (with what I would call an "interim high" for a brief period). And you present no reason why it should correct within the next 5+ years.

But sittin' in the S&P is what I'll likely be doing anyway.
>>
>>1055826
>And you present no reason why it should correct within the next 5+ years.
It will correct after the final bull. But you this is going to 10 000 this decade.

China is massively bullish.
>>
>>1054194
I can trade it for you on forex. Check the forex thread I'm the Alaska guy I'll make money for any anon on biz. email me [email protected] Invest 2500 in forex invest 2500 in yourself.
>>
If youre looking for "insurance" on the cash, try silver boullion. Otherwise, now is the time for stocks if you want to go long term.

Ideally i do both at a certain %.
>>
File: photo (20).jpg (807KB, 1527x1281px) Image search: [Google]
photo (20).jpg
807KB, 1527x1281px
If your concerned about the way our government just fires up the printing presses(and now every other government across the globe)I started picking up silver. No matter how much money you make it isn't real wealth if it takes a wheel barrel of it to buy a loaf of bread.
>>
Cash is one of the best things you can be holding in what's starting to look like a deflationary environment. I cashed out most of my individual stock positions completely in 2014. Just index funds now which I haven't added anymore to those positions just yet.

A little in cash, some in precious metals, index funds, real estate opportunities (if you can afford it) etc. That's about all you can do besides starting a full on business of your own that beats returns elsewhere.

The lien thing sounds like way too much hassle. I'd rather buy a foreclosure and rent it out.
>>
>>1054194
Lonnie deals
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.