[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not realizing all investors are directly in competition >taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: abracadabra.gif (1006KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
abracadabra.gif
1006KB, 300x254px
>not realizing all investors are directly in competition
>taking advice on shares and stocks from anyone who has any

the amount of effort put into misleading investors is what makes the game, anyone giving you advice is either going under or ripping you off

and no oil is not going to rebound any time soon
saudi cartel is driving the price down to put foreign competition out of buisiness, they figure if the margins fall dramatically only the ones with the highest output will survive; and they know demand won't shift because the petrol giants will just pocket the savings

but I think other countries are cottoning onto saudi tactics and will invest in their oil production regardless of poor prices, knowing the saudis will drive prices up with another war when their competitors in shale and sea oil go bust

but then something awful will happen, too many producers will mean the saudis will loose control of prices and not be able to lift prices by reducing output, investors will panic and we will see an oil crash where oil becomes a national protected resource like water, not a traded commodity
>>
Does this mean you are lying to me and oil is going to rebound? Thanks, but I'm already long XOM and VOO.
>>
>>1054132
I don't see why anyone would short in a commodities market to be frank, maybe I'm an ignoramus

seems to me like a poker game, the house of saud always wins
>>
Whether we're in competition or not depends on our investment timeframes.

My concept of a long term investment is 7+ years. For others, long term means two years, or even just six months.

Success for the short term trader depends on the daily course of sales. Success for me means owning a fundamentally good business.
>>
>TFW just buying VOO and ignoring all outside noise
>TFW plenty of time to earn more money because don't waste it reading the latest buzz on some shitty pennystock or what some idiot online is doing
>TFW literally getting greater returns then most people who actively trade, wasting less time and no stress

Thank you John Bogle.
>>
What if I tell you to buy ethereum because I'm an internet decentralisation zealot?
>>
but if you get someone else to buy more of a stock you're already invested in, wouldn't you both profit as the share price increases
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.