[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I just need a little reassurance by people who have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cash money.png (57KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
cash money.png
57KB, 250x220px
Hey /biz/, I just need a little reassurance by people who have an educated opinion. Yes this is about mutual funds and yes I know its not a loss untill I sell. But I've lost around 1,000$ this month in the span of 20 days. I put my life savings into a tsfa, and now I've lost more money then I put in. I don't understand the concept. The market fluctuates, so why shouldn't I just take out the money I have left and put it in a savings account...I'd have more money if I just left it in my regular account. I'm canadien if that helps. I can't imagine the dollar not falling much lower and god knows how bad the economy will get. 2008 bad maybe..
>>
>>1053791
Because you beginner. Investments like these aren't for fucking 20 days. They're for 1-5 years. You already bought, now sit on your ass and wait till the economy goes up and collect your 1-10%.
>>
>>1053795
but the economy is gaurenteed to go down? how do I know canada will ever recover in a substantial way? could i just pull out the majority of the money, because id rather not lose any money then gain?
>>
>>1053804
You definitely could, and just lower your head and bow out like everyone else in life. You don't invest if you don't want to take risks.
>>
>>1053804
You're asking for advice that no one can provide you. No one knows how the market will perform in the future.

Historically if you were to buy a low cost index fund and hold for a multiple years, your stock would grow quite nicely. If you placed your money in a shit mutual fund with high expenses, I think it would be prudent to move that money to a better fund.

In the future and if you don't have the stomach for stocks, you should just invest in treasury bonds.
>>
>>1053808
I do honestly appreciate your advice, take care anon.
>>
Fellow Canadian here. OP, what mutual fund did you invest into?
>>
>>1053820
im not sure, td handles the account
>>
File: enron.jpg (186KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
enron.jpg
186KB, 700x400px
>>1053791
>and yes I know its not a loss untill I sell.

I went to my banker and asked for a loan. He asked,"What's your collateral?"

I told him I had $40,000 of Enron stock I bought in the past. He laughed and said, "Enron is out of business. That stock isn't worth anything!"

I said, "Hey dumbass banker....It's not a loss until I sell it!"
>>
>>1053826
If it's a TD fund just leave it in there for the next several years until it picks back up. No sense pulling out now, you'll just be taking a loss and realistically it will go back up eventually. I invest on a monthly basis, whether market is up or down. If you don't have the stomach for it then just keep the rest of your cash liquid for the time being but definitely don't take out what you've already invested.
>>
>>1053791
If youd lost the same money in 2008 and then stayed put the gains from 2008 until today would have been triple digit

Google "bogleheads" and calm your tits
>>
>>1053862
honestly this statement sank in and made me feel much, much better. thank you so much anon
>>
>HE BOUGHT MUTUAL FUNDS

LAUGHINGAPES.PNG

WHY??? Canada has the highest mutual fund fees in the world. I've been telling you all to buy VFV. God damn you'd have made a killing recently.

Why didnt you buy VFV? Why?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.