[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An honest Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 20

File: ayyyy.png (411KB, 371x596px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.png
411KB, 371x596px
Why do you guys want to be rich so bad?

I get the feeling that alot of you all its to impress people you went to HS or college with.
No one gives a fuck about you the morning after graduation, high school, or college. Money wont make them care either, so why are you all stressing so bad about it. pls do tell
>>
File: 1446349860527.jpg (26KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446349860527.jpg
26KB, 322x400px
The reason we want to be rich is to live comfortably and have freedom to do what we want.
>>
>>1053190
describe what living comfortably is to you, and what it is that you want to do
>>
>>1053183
Money=Freedom

I value freedom above all else. You want to take a spontaneous trip to the Caribbean? You need money.

You feel like dining at a fancy restaurant today? Dolla dolla.

Have a 10 hour flight and you don't want to be cramped in economy seated between two sweaty overweight fucks? Better fork over that cash.
>>
>>1053196
I would like to travel wherever I want, and stay the time I want to. I would like to not have to worry about what I'm going to eat tonight because I'm poor and I need to make dinner myself and spend +1h cooking and cleaning shit. I want to be rich because I'm lazy as fuck actually.
>>
>>1053183

Unlike most people here, I'm neither frugal nor someone who gives a shit about expensive cars, huge houses or dining at fancy restaurants. Materialism almost repulses me. I want to have as much money as I possibly can because of the freedom it provides. You can help out members of your family struggling with necessities, you can travel, you can pretty much eliminate any financial related stress in your life. That alone makes it a worthwhile pursuit because financial related stress is undoubtedly leading by far.
>>
Because it's never not been an option. Why don't you want to excel in all aspects of your life? I've lived in a two bedroom town house with my mother, and I've lived in a 7 bedroom mega mansion when my mom married my loaded step dad.

You tell me which life was better?
>>
>>1053183
Money is freedom.
I seek freedom of action, and time.
I do not seek material wealth directly.
I do however seek self-mastery and spiritual fulfillment.
This is why I meditate so much, and read so much.

I am happy when I work. I am happy when I live in the current.

My dream housing is a small apartment with almost nothing in it.
I want to minimize living costs so I have as much of a surplus as possible.

I want to invest every penny into itself, since capital breeds capital.

I want my capital to grow while my everyday life stays simpler.

Then, at the end of my life, I want to drop the biggest money and capital bomb on my brothers children. I want them to inherit every penny, everything I owned that generates revenue. They will never have to worry about money.

I want them to be happy.
>>
>>1053272

>Jaden Smith: The Post
>>
File: CTDGTpLWIAAGOU4.jpg (57KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
CTDGTpLWIAAGOU4.jpg
57KB, 600x739px
money simply reduces stress, that's the main thing. too much and the money often end up owning you instead you owning the money
>>
Money buys everything (including women.) It's the literal solution to all of life's problems. When you have money, everything is easy. When you don't everything is hard. When you're rich, life is just better. It's not that hard to understand.

Americans who have been trained by the media to think money = bad are hypocritically using all the products of capitalism in their day to day life.

Enough already. money is better. everyone wants it and they hate those that have it when they don't.
>>
>>1053183
Freedom from wage slavery
>>
I don't want to be rich. I want to be middle-class. Earn 80k a year which in Mexico is a shitload of money.
>>
File: 14450227105941.jpg (46KB, 426x638px) Image search: [Google]
14450227105941.jpg
46KB, 426x638px
It's a mental problem related to low self-esteem, anxiety, lack of moral values, etc. Usually outcome of very bad parenting.
>>
I honest to god only want to be rich so that I can use every single second of my life to do whatever I please, and contribute in some way to make the world a better place. Wagekekery is out of the question long term.
>>
Actually, my target would be $2k of passive income each month.

The reason is that to have the freedom to not to be a wage slave, if I choose to. I dream of having that passive income and living in some poor tropical country like a king, drinking cocktails on the beach and shitposting on /biz/
>>
Op here

You guys really gave me some heart and soul....thanx
>>
>>1053363
wdym
>>
>>1053183
I want to brag to people I went to school with. Also 4chan users. But mostly to buy potatoes
>>
>>1053183
I want to achieve something big, want to do something which stands as impossible, create something that will rise and shine, if you know what I mean. Pure ambition and energy.

The second thing, I love to beat my limits, I love that feeling when I achieve something that I knew is impossible for me. Plus I love winning, and winning against myself is greatest winrar.

Last thing I can think about now is money, which is a perfect tool to do more and more, and by more I mean more achievements, more limits beaten.

I am going for greateness. But for now, I am just poor 25yo guy living in Poland. Hovewer, I have already beaten myself in many ways, like starting workout, loosing 30kg of fat, being more optimistic, talkative, not shy and insecure, found love of my life, have fiance now. Despite smaller things, this happened in maybe 14-18 months.

Now, I am going for money. I do not know how yet, I do not know when exactly, but I am not sitting and just thinking - I am acting. For now, reading books, preparing myself to change my thinking that my parents tought me, like "you need masters degree to find a good stable job" or "our family is not meant for business".

Never let someone destroy your dreams. Anyone is on same shit as me? With who am I sailing?

>pic related
>>
>>1053472
Tak jest bartek
>>
>>1053476
Nie bartek, przykro mi.
>>
hedonism.
>>
>>1053334
This was pretty much my childhood to be fair.
>>
>>1053472
start ur own business anon
i beliv n u
>>
Most of the people I went to school with were cunts.

Rich is relative.

I want to spend 300 day on a mountain. I cannot do that at $65,000 a year. By the end of my life time I may have the money to do it but whats the point then.

Money gives freedom for us to express ourselves with whatever our passions are.

Wealth shows true character.
>>
>>1053618
300 days on a mountain .....should only be like $25k right ??
>>
>>1053183
Your problem is that you're still thinking about the people you went to highschool or college with at all
>>
I'm one of those first gen born in the states. I dont necessarily want to be rich, just "well off" if you will.
But I wouldn't mind being loaded enough to wipe my ass with a $100 and give it to my retarded relatives.
>>
>>1053305
Why do you think that?
>>
>>1053852
Hi anon. I recommend you go and buy the book Scholastic Success with Reading Comprehension for Grade 3, because i'm a little confused how you came up with that assumption.
>>
>>1053183
My parents worked very hard all their live and never could afford many things they wanted so they could make sure I´d be fine.

I want to compensate them by giving them financial freedom for the rest of their lives, and by sending them in a huge honey moon all around the world because they could never afford one.

Done that, I want to be able to have a comfortable life working in what I love without having to worry about making it economically viable, just because I enjoy doing it and I appreciate feeling useful to society.

I´d also like to help fund research male contraconceptives. Too many men getting destroyed by women abusing an unfair system.

After that it´s mostly charity. I enjoy simple things. A nice room, a nice sofa, a nice book and a computer are all the luxuries I need.
>>
>>1053183
I was homeless for a short time when I was 5 and for 2 years after graduating high school. I'm so angry to have to count pennies, I'm so tired of clipping coupons, I'm depressed to hear that everything wrong with the US is me, I'm too proud to even consider taking food stamps or any other government assistance even though I've only made $5000 this year, I'm going to college solely because better pay/jobs requires an Associates degree, but I'm just some guy bitching when someone else has it worse off than I do.

>tl;dr poorfag tired of being poor
>>
>>1053272
>I seek freedom of action, and time
No, you seek comfort and a smooth, unchallenging ride to the grave. When you say "make my everyday life simpler" you just mean "make myself removed from being human because it scares me". Go meditate on that idea a while, you will see I am right.

You are scared, and you never developed into a real human being. Now you have rejected life in favor of comforts and distractions that help remove you from the experience of living. You want money because you think you can hide within it and never have to face up to being alive. Instead of creating a legacy, you want to leave money behind.
>>
>>1053183
fuck you money
>the position of fuck you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI
>>
File: civwar.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
civwar.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>1055795

if only there can be more discussion on this.

I'd like to be wealthy enough to responsibly support at least four children, but even that makes me wonder why its something I want when it wouldn't make a difference unless I impart a true legacy.

Where's the line between ego-driven materialism vs real fulfillment when setting goals?
>>
File: 1436748663749.jpg (177KB, 249x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436748663749.jpg
177KB, 249x400px
Because I'm tired of having to stress over living pay check to pay check as a college student while hearing on the news that people who rely on welfare are scum of the earth and that students don't need financial aid, they need to just work harder. Arguments made by old shitbags that haven't worked a day in their spoiled lives and can't comprehend that college has gotten more expensive, rent has gotten more expensive. Both of which I rely just to fucking live without being homeless.

Yes, there are leeches out there who live off welfare and don't plan to work a day in their lives. Some white trash is eating fucking lobster for dinner from welfare money. Big fucking deal. They're scum. I get it. But there is so many people that rely on it just to get by and survive, that if you make those policies tighter, stricter, you end up screwing more people in the process. You think cutting welfare will push these people to work or find better jobs? Fuck no, they'll resort to crime or live out their lives homeless, both of which makes it harder to find jobs.

That's why I want to be rich. That's why I'm working towards a better job, saving money to make carefully planned investments that will pay off in the future, and living frugally as hell. Fuck people who say being rich isn't all that, sure as hell better than being poor.
>>
>>1053183
I'm new to biz

Are threads normally this fucking bad?
>>
>>1053183
Because I'm a lonely loser with no hobbies. Happy? At least with money I'd feel successful and possibly have people pretend to like me.
>>
>>1055829
Nine tenths of the board is shitposting, people discussing cryptos and idiots asking how to make a lot of money while having little money.

So no, normally it´s worse.
>>
>he thinks business and finance have anything to do with getting money

You're out of the game.
>>
>>1053183
I want to be free, that involves acquiring a sum of money which I plan to invest to rapidly retire. Also I would like to date women that I find attractive, which is difficult when you are poor.
>>
>>1055829
Yeah, lot of /b/ that is trolling here, about a year ago there we're still tripfags who were rich and gave good advice (like iHaz). But now a lot of threads are trolling gotta find the good ones, also mods ignore this board imo.
>>
>>1053183
Honestly, it's mostly because I'm lazy as fuck and hated spending 9+ stressful hours on my job every day. When I realized I could make a month's salary in a few minutes with relatively low risk, I began to focus solely on trading.

Also, what >>1055934 said. I want to gain enough money so I'm financially independent and could technically retire as fast as possible, not when I'm 65 and don't have much joy left in life anyway.
>>
>>1055848
do you know other forum to talk about this topics? honestly asking
>>
>>1053334
>>1055795
>this is what poorfags actually believe

whatever makes you sleep at night, poorfags
>>
>>1053472

Exactly. Why would I strive for a boring and monotonous life? Those have literally been lived for more than a 100 billion times.

The world could be a far better place, and I want to be someone that actually contributes towards achieving this. And I've been given the opportunity to do so. So why settle for some boring comfy job, standard hobbies and friends, and an ok wife? Sure it probably still contribute to society, but that would be a raindrop compared to what I can do if I set my mind to it.
>>
>>1055793
you just gotta keep looking for a jerb man, for example get a job in a bank as a sales person, the titles vary from relationship manager, banking relations, banking advisor. alot of these dont require any series licenses, or college degree and some people can make plenty money doing it (salary +comish)
>>
>>1055795
see this is the exact thing i was hoping someone would say to these brainwashed puppies

>realshit
>>
>>1055866
i think you have me confused, which i understand because i intentionally left the beginning post skim. (OP here)

i agree 100% with what you said. its a tricky thing to really explain because while businesses and financial model/strategies do need to have profitability to be viable, it is not simply the desire to be profitable that makes them so, you know?

no one on this board actually wants to take the time to develop an interest or passion in business & finance and it is really sad. read all of these responses man its pathetic. i mean yeah, what would you expect from 4chan...but still.

give someone on this board a choice between a free webinar to a tim sykes course on flipping pumped and dumped pennystocks, or a free copy of 'the alchemy of finance' by george soros.
every single one of these people would go for the pitiful tim sykes course.

there needs to be a chan made for get rich quickers, because there actually are a few intelligent people who have interesting ideas to share about business & financial modeling/theories on this board, but they are wiped over by the 'just turned 18, have $722, how do i buy the dip, get $1,500,000 by next year and never have to work a day in my life again' posts.

those types of kids (which this board is mostly made up of now lol) would look at the first practice question of a CFA exam and immediately x out.
>i thought i was gonna just have to click some buttons on ETrade and have my porsche.

and wow. it happened. i just ranted on 4chan. you win internet, you win.
>>
Because there are infinite ways to have fun in the world, but the money is not infinite, nor the time.
>>
>>1053196
If I were rich, I'd just be a lazy as fuck NEET.

Being a NEET is what I'm best at. I don't have a particularly good talent or hobby, I just kind of do my job which I don't hate but don't enjoy.

I just want to buy a bunch of expensive food, cook however I want, and then for the next 20 hours just sit comfy
>>
File: 1444680438582.jpg (644KB, 2300x1431px) Image search: [Google]
1444680438582.jpg
644KB, 2300x1431px
Low self esteem, anxiety, revenge-fantasies, superiority complex, general narcissism, anger over rejection in childhood, anger of rejection from certain colleges, anger over rejection by women, fear of judgement for being abnormal, fear of disappointing friends and family.

Really, I just wanted to be an artist, but I'll be graduating next semester and I'm already into a good training program at a BB, I have sealed my own fate

Oh, and cars, I really like fancy cars
>>
>>1055795
I'll take "Projection" for 100
>>
>>1053201
Money does not equal freedom, because than freedom would also equal money.
Money leads to forms of freedom but freedom almost never leads to money. However next to all of this you also could say that money is not the only factor that leads to freedom. So your obsession with money is shallow and based on an incomplete picture of reality.
>>
>>1053183
1. Get money
2. Destroy the negro population
3. Get more money.
>>
You'll find that it's either:

To be lazy

or

To have a flashy lifestyle.
>>
>>1056492
focus on cars, your primitive irrational emotions will only interfere with your reasoning skills
>>
money = freedom

freedom to go anywhere, do anything, to not live paycheck to paycheck, to not worry about medical expenses, to not put up with "craftsman" homes, to not budget your food.
>>
>No one gives a fuck about you the morning after graduation, high school, or college.
yes it does
it tears them up on the inside and it's the most satisfying feeling in the world
sounds like you have all your friends doing better than you
>>
>>1053201
This is retarded logic. You're never going to be free. There's always something more ludicrously expensive. Fix your goals before you make money, otherwise you're going to spend your life chasing something you don't even know what is.
>>
File: DSC_1188.jpg (2MB, 3626x2714px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1188.jpg
2MB, 3626x2714px
>>1053852
This.

Everyone has high expectations of themselves and nearly all will crash and burn at some point. Some crash in middle school, others do it in their first year of college. For me I made it through engineering school before crashing after graduation. Took me 4 years to recover.

I kept off of facebook for 5 years and got rid of 85% of my "friends" when I came back(for tinder). I only keep people I am close with on facebook. Everyone on there builds a face that makes them look successful.

>>1056492
There is a major car show near me every year. Ride my bike to a bus stop, take the bike on the bus, and ride to the show. Live vicariously by looking at some sweet 911's.
>>
File: 1421936454041.jpg (39KB, 450x480px) Image search: [Google]
1421936454041.jpg
39KB, 450x480px
>>1053183
>Why do you guys want to be rich so bad?

I loathe people and want to get away from the traffic, I don't ever want to stand in line at a bank, grocery store etc. I guess freedom from the disease that is city living is why.
>>
>>1053272

You seem a bit of a cuck tbqhdesu.
>>
>>1055793

Go for sales breh. Make decent money without losing 4 years in college.

But you need some personal charm and ability to read and interact with people.
>>
>>1055795

You're saying a nigger who has 9 kids with 9 different women is something we should strive for because he leaves a greater legacy than some poor mortgage cuck with 2 adopted cats?
>>
>>1055795
>smooth, unchallenging ride to the grave
sounds like welfare to me
>>
File: 1437125953760.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1437125953760.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>>1056771
>>1056819
I wish I could do something with cars
I honestly think I'd be happier if I teamed up with my engineer friends from college and started a speed shop/garage
Even if I only made 40k a year
>>
I got cucked in highschool.
>>
Parents worked their ass off to put our family just barely above lower class. So to just become a neet seems wasteful of my circumstances if I don't have at least a million in my own and their bank account.

Also travelling the world for most of my life, drinking and fucking till I die or have to settle down sounds the best way to go with living.
>>
File: 1998mclarenF1%22LM%22.jpg (82KB, 700x458px) Image search: [Google]
1998mclarenF1%22LM%22.jpg
82KB, 700x458px
I want to drive fast and wake up next to a women that is out of my league
>>
>>1056780
Lmao you are completely wrong
>nice try
>>
File: mclaren p1.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mclaren p1.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>was raised poor, but not stupid enough to repeat the mistakes that got me there.
>Hate where the world is going and how no one is doing anything about it.
I want to find new forms of propulsion, erase the need for government, extend the lifetimes of people; but instead everyone is too caught up with "how should we make the next smart phone" to think outside the box. As humans, we have the potential to do ANYTHING through the manipulation of materials and forces. I want to find a group of people who think this way so we can change things...
>Also I really fucking want a McLaren P1.
>>
>Why do you guys want to be rich so bad?
Comfort and philanthropy.
>>
>>1057315
surely you don't mean to say people don't envy each other
to be envied is a wonderful feeling
>>
Because I want to live a carefree painless life and being rich will allow me to do that.
>>
Making money is fun.
>>
>>1056822
I thought the internet was making this a reality even if you aren't rich?
>>
>>1053183

1. Take care of my mom
2. Financial independence
3. Home so I can avoid the human race 99% of the time
4. Sports cars
>>
Right? Why would anybody want to be rich

Having as many kids as you want with a beautiful wife, living in a huge house with every convenience needed, being able to live stress free, financially speaking, being able to give your family the best food, being able to pay for your kids sports/instrument/language classes/programs, being able to send your kids to great schools, being able to invest more time with your family, guarantee the rest of your bloodline can live relatively well off and successful, being the first in your line to work hard enough for all your future generations

Right? who the fucks wants to be rich?
>>
>>1053201
This.

I want to spend as much of my time as possible doing as I please, not as I must.
>>
>>1058983
this post is absolutely foolish, and im interested to hear your response to my stance on your naivety.
>>
>>1053183
More interested in why someone would want to be famous?

To be rich or financially successful grants you freedom to a certain degree. Usually someone who is rich who generated their wealth themselves can take comfort that they will probably be able to do it again if they need to.
>>
File: CAQKE7UW4AEuMzy.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CAQKE7UW4AEuMzy.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
First reason: To have complete mental freedom, my parents have to be financially comfortable and not live in a shitty place.

Second reason: I'd probably kill myself if I didn't have an almost impossible goal in my mind. I also get an insane rush whenever I outwork and outperform someone. When you have a goal to works towards 24/7 and truly have a passion for it, every insecurity/anxiety/bullshit will cease to exist. Which is good because I probably would've killed myself if I was still a student. My startup's only valued at a few million at the moment, but our valuation is very likely to blow up in the next ten months. Whether or not this one is successful, I have multiple industries that I will attempt to essentially monopolize in the future.

3rd reason: I really want to own a bunch of land. As my grandfather said, "they ain't makin' any more of it"
>>
>>1059041
what industry is your startup in
>>
>>1053183
I want to become wealthy by the time im 30 so i don't have to stress out about money.

Being wealthy will allow me to travel and do things i want and not be a slave.
Humans aren't supposed to live working the amount they do.
>>
File: Waifu Laifu.jpg (93KB, 960x734px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Laifu.jpg
93KB, 960x734px
>>1053334

This

Laid down last night thinking to myself; "what if I don't make it?".

Took a while to put myself in a position of not making it, when I did I just wanted to run out of the house and run over to the girl of my dreams. Nothing was holding me back, I didn't even care about the repercussions. But then I remembered it was 1AM, so I went to bed and forgot about everything.

Now I'm back to square one, hating 3D women & telling myself it will pay off when I'm rich & can treat them like the piece of shit they are.

Baiting them with my Bugatti/ firing all the females at one of my offices for absolutely no reason/having the female side of the bed equipped with a catapult that shoots out whoever is laying there out the roof at approx 8AM/etc.

If only I could keep my mind at ease, but then I wouldn't have an motivation.
>>
>>1059024

Okay
>>
>>1057666
The only thing that matters is perception. There's plenty of retarded fucks who buy nice cars and watches on credit. They're trapped in debt for all their youth. But hey your random high school acquaintances from a decade ago think you're rich. Congrats.
>>
>>1053343

I did this in 2012 (although the income wasn't passive)

Ask me anything
>>
>>1053183
In my case, I want to leave a legacy; something that my children can build on like my parents left for me.

Also, more money can be leveraged into more leisure time.
>>
>>1053183
Truth?...

You're right, I do want to prove to the people I went to High school with that I can make it.

It's not really that simple though, because they have all these high expectations for me... that I've never been sure I could really live up to.

"You're going to change the world one day" "You're a very special young man"
"You're going to do big things"

...and like, what if I don't? So. I can either fail to change the world and go down in history and feel unfulfilled in every way... or I can fail, but be rich, which in the minds of many, is synonymous with success.

Secondary reason; Once I got to my preppy east coast school for college, I ran into a lot of people that thought they were better than me because of our background differences. They didn't say it outright, but I could/ can tell. I hate that feeling. I want to have something tangible so I can tell myself "Well they're fucking wrong, I'm better".

Third, and Fourth, both of equal significance-

The inherent high status, and higher chance of romantic relationships with beautiful women

Being able to give my family things they need/ desperately want, without much of a problem.

Wow, I said a lot
>>
>>1059431
maximum cringe
>>
>>1053183
I don't want to be rich. I just want to be right and/or good at something.

Wealth is just a byproduct of that process.
>>
File: reac16.gif (868KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
reac16.gif
868KB, 300x192px
>>1059433
Yeah I read that back and I sound like such a faggot.
>>
>>1059431
Bretty ghey bruh. I read this like one of those romanticized British period dramas:

"My Dearest Emily,

While we traverse this bleak and barren land, I am faced with ample beauty, and grave peril. I find myself often thinking back to your tender embrace.

etc. etc."
>>
>>1053272
faggot cuck
>>
>>1059433
He said what 90% of the posters ITT would say if they were talking the truth.
The people saying freedom are much more cringe worth than him, in my opinion.
>>
>>1059444
Yeah, the freedom one is a bit of a cringe.
At least >>1059431 is trying to live up to high expectations, and not create envy like >>1057666 because envy can be so easily fabricated as >>1059339 pointed out.

Wealth really should just be a byproduct of you pursuing your passion, not the goal for trying to get out of the rat race. That's just my opinion.
>>
>>1053183
I like to collect things.

Certain hobbies are expensive.
>>
>>1053183
As I have gotten older I have had to ponder this question. What I really want is to obtain the financial security to not work if I don't want to. People say," you will never get rich with that attitude" and that's fine. A mansion and a bunch of exotic cars would be fun, but it's not really what motivates me.

I want the freedom. I would spend my days pursing adventure.
>>
>>1053472
Deep inside you just have an inferiority complex started in your childhood/teen years.
>>
>>1053183
I want to be one of those early retirement fags

Yes it sounds corny but retiring at 30 is a great goal to have
>>
>>1059339
no this is all wrong
you need to be very secretive about it
have different people find out piece by piece, gossip, make inferences they shouldn't

really don't care about the money i have nothing to spend it on
just gets my dick hard thinking about the people who hate my guts as the clean urinals somewhere
>>
File: lange_zeitwerk_minute_repater-b.jpg (47KB, 650x398px) Image search: [Google]
lange_zeitwerk_minute_repater-b.jpg
47KB, 650x398px
I want to buy one of these
>>
File: congrats_anon.jpg (41KB, 599x801px) Image search: [Google]
congrats_anon.jpg
41KB, 599x801px
>>1060562
>you cringe you lose
>reads this post
>lost
>>
I want to start an orphanage so that the kids all have their own rooms and can live relatively similar lives to someone who grew up in a middle class household. Yeah I know having your own room won't bring your parents back but having a gold band-aid is still cool
>>
>>1060209
sigh.

i started a computer supply company at 21. now im 31.

most of the money goes back into the business to buy more inventory and grow. this has only been the case for about 7 years, the first 3-4 it was ALL the money back in to grow. i have one business partner - 50/50. we started with 500 bucks each for our initial order, and now were shooting to do 3mil/year in sales.

last year at 30 years old i reluctantly totaled my assets and it was over a million.

did i retire or quit knowing that? bitch please. im just getting started at 30.
>>
>>1060733
see now this is the type of thinking /biz needs

:')
u go anon, u go
>>
10,000 whip its and a pound of kush
>>
>>1060719
sorry i dont appeal to your moralfag values dude
>>
>>1060751
its not even about morals

its just that any successful and happy person would laugh at the teenage stuff you are saying.

>i bid you goodday sir
>>
>>1056747
>says the poorfag
>>
>>1059575
Fuck yeah,gucci loafers arent cheap :)
>>
Because i can...because when im sad or angry at someone i just think...i have more money than them, i am smarter than them. It litterally measures how much you win at life...so go fuck yourself because i fucking can
>>
>>1056780
Agree with this
>>
Call me a faggot or whatever you want but really, I want to be where I have to do nothing but skate(board) the rest of my life. It's my passion and honestly, skating has saved my life. Offered me an outlet for aggression. Anyway, that's my primary motivation for trying to get "rich."
>>
I want to be able to go paragliding any where in the world at any time I like without having to scrounge or have money filling up the back of my mind.
>>
File: 1453745796264.jpg (232KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
1453745796264.jpg
232KB, 750x938px
>>1060739
me too man, started with threefidy, selling computer parts to neets and now bringing in +10M annual profit. life is so easy when u just try stuff.
>>
>>1060617
Wants to work his arse off to consume. Remain poor faggot. Go find a higher purpose
>>
>>1060739
>Thinking a mil is sufficient to retire
>>
>>1053183
For free time, mostly, i hate investing 9 hours of my day to make someone else rich, and make myself a little over 100 dollars/day

Id also like the freedom to do instead of dream, buying that car, not some 400k sports car, just a car that i want, the freedom to go on a holiday and not worry about money, the freedom to buy that nice shirt.

Money might not make you happy, but the freedom of controlling your own time and still being comfortable in society will
>>
>>1053183
I grew up poor and had no financial security as a kid. I never want to feel scared of being homeless again so I aim to earn.
>>
I don't want to be rich.

I just want to lead a comfortable lifestyle next to the love of my life. I don't need to be insanely rich to lead the life that I want for myself: A home in Vancouver Island with some acreage, growing crops during the summer and traveling the world in winter.

Of course money is still necessary to achieve those things. I have a profession and I'm doing okay for myself, but more income is never bad. But being insanely rich? I don't think I'll ever reach that -- and I don't think I need that, either. The amount of effort and luck involved into being a millionaire just isn't for me. I'd have to give up the best years of my life just to have a shot at it, and if I fail, my legacy is doomed. I don't need that sort of thing.

Some people have the drive and the willingness to risk it all, and that's okay.

Now you fucking NEETs thinking you can push buttons and become the next Warren Buffet, haha holy fuck you guys are delusional. You better keep banking on that fucking welfare.
>>
>>1060762
what do you qualify as success
>>
>>1061099
that's a standard middle class salary at safe withdrawal rate in a time in your life when you should not be paying off a mortgage
>>
>>1059362
What color is your hair?
>>
Nobody wants to be rich to impress their ex friends
>>
>>1055995
This.
>>
>>1053183
My granddad was born a farmer, joined the war, and left a doctor. Clever investing allowed him to become a millionaire and give his 6 children a good life. My dad became a doctor as well. I would like to be able to provide for myself an my children the same way my ancestors could for theirs.

I haven't found a real purpose in life yet, but at the time I do I'm sure it will cost money - being able to pursue it as fully as possible would be nice.
>>
>>1053196
We should all group together, have sexual congress, then sudoku or guck each other to death
>>
Once you have all the stuff you need the rest of the money only buys Status Symbols.

Like a fancy car, watch or wife.
>>
>>1055822
dude see a therapist
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.