[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing is just guessing, right? This guy's hedgefund

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Peter-Thiel.jpg (284KB, 1800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Thiel.jpg
284KB, 1800x1196px
Investing is just guessing, right? This guy's hedgefund went from like 100 million dollars to 8 billion and back to 300 million and then 600 million. Surely a guy as smart as him knows that he's guessing?
>>
>>1052145
>Investing is just guessing, right?
investing =//= trading. Trading is gambling. Investing is not.

C'mon man. You should know this stuff already.
>>
>>1052149

I don't know if there's a holding time limit cut off before trading becomes investing but I don't care. And I nkow that Investment bank traders are market makers.

I made this topic because I watched videos where he gives his opinion on macro and big picture stuff. Obviously he's smart but is he just mistaken in trying to convert his smartness in to reliable investment / trading decisions?
>>
>>1052149
Trading isn't necessary gambling. Think of trading like poker. Only the guys that are right like 52%+ of the time will make anything, the house will always take a cut.
>>
>>1052145
who is that nigga
>>
>>1052158
its kind of all up to interpretation, you can be smart as a motherfucker and understand macro/micro to a T but when its all said and done we are essentially trying to make sense out of nonsensical price movements.. predicting the future is obviously impossible regardless of how smart you are, but in most cases its really just a flip of a coin, you either buy or sell, and occasionally the information you get can point you in the right direction, but its all relative.

sorry about the block of text and grammatical errors, i typed this with my left hand while im jerking off.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.