[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you dumping everything into Shell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Why aren't you dumping everything into Shell?
>>
>>1050047

Because they're not coming back up.
>>
I seem to remember them making some acquisitions that I didn't like. Leasing up the Utica shale or some other worthless formation. Anyway I wouldnt buy them.
>>
I wont invest anything in oil unless it is Chevron or Exxon. RD Shell is, pardon the expression, a shell of a company. id rather invest in HP if that is my choice
>>
For the past decade, shell was positioning themselves for a world of expensive oil.

Unfortunately, they lost that bet, but they may still be right.
>>
>>1050047
Buy as much SVU as you can in the next 117 days
>>
>>1050239

Why?? They just posted low earnings, arent rated as a buy by anyone and are on a steep decline that doesnt look set to increase anytime soon
>>
>>1050047

Hopefully theres no Gas company bailout at the end of the petroleum crash.
>>
>>1050239
>going long on SVU
prepare to get raped.
>>
nice try Shell CEO we are not giving you money haha who's poor now haha
>>
>>1050047
>tfw you fell for the Shell meme and only hold bc of dividends.
>>
>>1050074
haha lol chevron exon

they are horribly overvalued still hope you like taking it in the bummer
>>
File: 1451465297450.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1451465297450.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
>>1050047

I already lost most of my money from listening to people in the Robinhood General Threads
>>
>>1050271
They're getting bought out for what amounts to about $8 a share

don't say I didn't give you a heads up
>>
>>1050297
I called ACI when it went from $1 to $10

this is you heads up
>>
>>1050297
I see wat u did ther
>>
>Low Share Price = Buy

People are selling for a reason you fuckwit
>>
>>1050465
biz is literally a bunch of narcissistic 20 year olds who think they know it all

why would you ever listen to us
>>
>>1050466
Hmmm. Little over $4 a share. Ok anon, I'm in tomorrow for 1,000 shares. Hope you're right.
>>
>>1050502
fucking kek
>>
>>1050498

I learned my lesson
>>
It could be very interesting times.

If oil stays very low for a longer period there is a risk that one of the large oil companies might not be able to repay its debts.

These debts are huge and will cause banks, pension funds and insurance companies to crash.

I think that we are still in the 2008 recession and QE has been all that has kept the world ticking over.
>>
>>1050644
Good let them all crash and burn. We need a good reset, the more dead executives the better.
>>
>>1051407
>>1050644
>>1050047
>tfw Shell down over 5% today

>tfw didn't DCA

Feels bad man.
>>
why not statoil?

its norwegian wagecucks who have to suffer and pay the losses and debts if oil goes to 10$ since the company is largely owned by the government, they will never let it down
>>
File: 9Iblt8j.jpg (67KB, 600x819px) Image search: [Google]
9Iblt8j.jpg
67KB, 600x819px
God I fucking hate shell.

Not for a moral reason, everything they do just sucks. I wouldn't fucking do business with them.

I'd seriously rather go long on SVU and take the rape than deal with fucking Shell ever in any form.

Faggot Netherlandish cucks.

>>1051613

I think STO is solid for that very reason.

But I'm just some internet hater.
>>
>>1051621
I've lost a few hundred £ on shell. Care to explain to me why you hate them so much?
>>
>>1050504
Hey man, he's just rolling the dice. If he has the money to play with let him place his wager. You and I may end up the fools for not taking the tip.
>>
>>1051626

This gonna be long.

But anyways in America Shell only sells their petrol at their gas stations. Or by partnering with other businesses. So you'll find Shell gas stations, where they own the whole store and sell their gas from(Opposed to other stations that take what they get at the lowest price) so it looks like they have nice margins. For whatever fucking reason they rarely have the cheapest gas though. But for partnering they are exclusive gas dealer for another convenience store Casey's; so they have exclusive deals don't sell everywhere, it's all fixed income essentially.
A grocery store near me has marked up food and gives me discounts on Shell gas to be used at the grocery store's station with only Shell gas, or at Casey's or a shell station. Because I own oil positions that aren't Shell and the other store is cheaper I just lose money shopping there. 3 of the 4 closest stations are Shell, all cost more than the other station and have created themselves a monopoly(or tried/trying to).

So they make exclusive deals and sit on these, their margins are pretty good and make a profit I assume.

Then next comes their lobbying for gas taxes. They lobbied the EU and got them to raise petrol tax. They tried in America a year ago and failed. This is to stop their competitors from selling as much petrol since with higher taxes less is bought. They want to sit on their margins from their deals and starve everyone else out.

They don't actually seem to eager to expand, they want to weaken their competition, not get bigger than them. This is why I don't like them as a stock. The beginning is just why they piss me off where I live.

Something such as low gas prices making people not want to shop at a certain grocery store because the other is cheaper and there's not as much to save on gas can end a partnership and fuck them up for awhile. I think their business strategy is ass, and that's why I wouldn't touch that shit.
>>
Shell has too much exposure in Saudi Arabia.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.