[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw STEM programs at university these days actually have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: STEM-logo.png (155KB, 1692x720px) Image search: [Google]
STEM-logo.png
155KB, 1692x720px
>mfw STEM programs at university these days actually have courses like "science communication", "ethics of science", "project management" and "group project coursework" that contribute to atleast 50% of the entire degree
>you literally have to be beyond retarded to not get over a 3.2 GPA

So any tips on how I can profit from this crazy grade inflated STEM bubble /biz/?
>>
>>1049072

Good. Maybe the engineers I hire in the future won't graduate as social retards that wander in circles mumbling when asked to work in a group.

protip: if you graduate with an engineering degree, and can actually write a coherent and grammatically correct letter, you will be running a division of your company before age 30
>>
>>1049072
>Not looking at performance in core classes
>>
>>1049072
I was actually looking at the Stanford curriculum and saw that at least one ethics in engineering class was required.

Stanford obviously doesn't know what it's doing.
>>
>>1049072
Those classes are stupid and won't make socially retarded engineers socially smart.

Biggest problem imo is people who just can't see the bigger picture
>>
>>1049324
there is no bigger picture, why do you think working consists of an ultimate meaning when it should serve as a source of income and not a hobby
>>
>>1049072
Im gonna tell you the truth. If you dont know anyone in the industry you will only get a shitty tier job.
>>
>>1049072

In theory, such programs could prevent the Albert Speers of the world from enabling the Hitlers of the world.
>>
>>1049072

>ended up with a sub 3.0 gpa
>not socially awkward and able to ace interviews
>kept in touch with industry contacts through 4 years
>starting 70k in fortune 500

made couple mistakes early on but didnt let it determine my future. i would suggest the exploitation would be to simply immerse yourself in extra curriculars if classes are so easy. build social skills so acing interviews is easy.
>>
>>1049072
Except you just made that up.
>>
File: image.jpg (307KB, 658x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 658x800px
>>1049072
>getting double major
>biology with a focus in neuroscience
>mechanical engineering

so far from what I've seen you're not totally wrong. most of the ethics courses are mind numbingly easy, and my bioethics course right now makes me want to fucking shoot myself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.