[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I recover from this >had a vocational program in high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (101KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101KB, 500x366px
Can I recover from this

>had a vocational program in high school
>could have taken welding auto body car repair or building
>took criminal justice instead of welding like a dumb fuck
>mom is in a program where I can go to uni anywhere in the country for free as long as I pay my own housing
>took 2 years of criminal justice in community college and dropped out
>they offer a 2 year welding program
>I could have taken welding for 4 years under different vocational programs
>could be making 65k a year right now while earning a related 4 year degree on the side
>could probably make 100k after that
>could have been rich at 25
>living with my parents at 23 no job 100 dollars to my name criminal record and no degree
>>
>>1048726
just do welding now its not too late.
>>
>>1048726
try r9k
>>
>>1048726
Suck it up, Buttercup. I dropped out of a PhD program after 9 years and 4 research papers. 2 years later and I'm making $130K.

What makes you think that if you even can't commit to a degree that you'll be able to stick to a career path later?
>>
>>1048733
What? This is about choosing the wrong major
>>
>>1048726

23 isn't even old. The sooner you start the sooner you'll be done.
>>
>>1048737
>dropped out
>living with my parents at 23 no job 100 dollars to my name criminal record and no degree
>could have been rich at 25
No you couldn't have. You don't even have the wherewithal to get through an associates degree. Your problem isn't the major, you sad fuck.
>>
>>1048744
Whatever faggot your just here to brag
>>
>>1048747
Doesn't change the fact that your problem is that you literally dropped out of easy-mode college because it wasn't easy enough.

If you got a degree today and got a job tomorrow, in 5 years no one will give a fuck what you majored in. They will definitely care that you got a college degree though.
>>
>>1048760
I dropped out because I was sick of living at home and community college isn't free for me so I was going in debt and I live in an area with no jobs
>>
>>1048766
I'm confused: I thought you weren't footing the bill.

So why aren't you going to a 4 year (which you claimed would be free) and taking out a loan to pay for your housing? You're going to be in debt soon anyway if there's no jobs you can do where you are with the non-degree you have.
>>
>>1048776
The program only covers certain private universities I was going to that college to get a gpa so I could apply
>>
>He thinks welding makes $65k-$100k

Laughingmoronsm.BMP

You know that they don't make anywhere near that right? Welders barely make anything anymore.

Just stay in school man Jesus. There's no shortcuts in life, the easiest things usually gibe the shittiest rewards.
>>
>>1048726

Were the fuck to welders get paid 65k? Also, why do you think any "4 year" degree will get 100k starting? Try 40k, unless its engineering, CS, accounting/finance, etc. then 50-60k unless you live in NYC or something.
>>
If I had 2 vocational program degrees and 4 year degree in engineering or something to do with welding I imagine the earnings would be 85-100k

If that's not enough for 100k then fuck it I quit
>>
>>1049532
You know that shit doesn't just stack right?
>>
>>1048973
Yeah, I don't know where this meme originated. The statistical average salary is ~$35k. Yeah there are some welders that make $300k a year, but by that logic you should get a finance degree because you'll obviously be making $20m a year.
>>
>>1048976

I am a Sr Sys Admin for a national mailorder pharmacy. We pay our fresh grads with a BA 40k to start. A CCNP, MCSE, or VCP cert adds 5k each. So you would need 4 fairly high level certs and a BA in CS, and you still wouldnt make 60k a year.

I sent a job over to our recruiter 3 weeks ago and had people with BAs and 10 years experience applying to a 40k a year job
>>
>>1049544
>2016
>not quadruple majoring in engineering, finance, accounting, and math for $800k starting
>>
>tfw wasting my life being indecisive.

nothing is ever perfect enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 540x720px
>>1048726
I was just about to say you're gonna be fine but then I saw "criminal record".

If you have a felony then I don't know what you're gonna do unless you start a business or do freelancing
>>
Career criminal if you already have a criminal record. Start thinking about the next big score.
>>
>>1048973
not everyone lives in the 3rd world
>>
>>1049570

wat is that...
>>
>>1049570
Not a felony just a dui and misdaeamor and weed charges
>>
>>1050302
Looks like a bunch of molluscs attached themselves to a Tommy Pickles head from the cartoon Rugrats
>>
>>1048726

>be 26
>made 88k last year designing plastic and metal mechanical parts
>multi time convicted felon
>college dropout, not even a dropout actually i got expelled with 7 credits left

Feels pretty good tbhrn la famlia. Your problem is you need to learn how to lie better, it sounds like you suck at selling yourself.

>>1049570
Nah, see what I wrote right above this. A criminal background check on me is 11 printed pages, and I can almost guarantee if we were both applying for the same job, I'd get hired over you, even if you were more experienced. It's a likability thing, no one actually cares you used to rob houses for drug money, and a good boss certainly doesn't care if you know the right way to complete a task, he just wants it done. You just have to convince him you can do it.

KEK following the rules, when will you gallants ever learn?
>>
>>1048726
I think your problem is a lack of discipline.

2 years seems like forever when you're in school for your associates but eventually you get through. Then when you look back, it was actually pretty quick. That's how life generally is
>>
>>1048733
What degrees do you have and what do you work as lad?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.