[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey biz just transferred my pension into a self invested personal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

hey biz
just transferred my pension into a self invested personal pension. (UK).
this allows me to invest in anything, I've got a feeble £20,000.
where do you see the bottom of this market? I'm looking at mostly bluechips with some vanguard funds.
any thoughts or advice for a poorfag.
>>
>>1047305
A friend suggested the following to me years ago:

Equal parts of VTI VEU VWO.

VTI is US heavy, so you add VEU to balance it out with non-US stocks. After you add that in, you are heavy on developed economies, so you add VWO to balance things out a bit more.
>>
>>1047305
oil is close to rock bottom, watch for oil stocks pushed excessively low by panicking speculators
>>
>>1047305
I see you're using HL here.

I have a Legal and General FTSE All Share to track the UK stock market and a vanguard fund for the USA. Some others for other regions like Europe and Japan. Look at the Index funds on offer under the funds tab.

I also have a select few bluechips with strong dividend performance too.

And don't worry OP, we all start somewhere. I have less than half of what you and I'm adding £500 a month.
>>
>>1047305
>where do you see the bottom of this market? I'm looking at mostly bluechips with some vanguard funds.

>expects to buy at the dip
>gets fucked again during the next recession
>>
>>1047501
cheers for the replies. Hopefully I can average out another recession as I won't be taking my pension for 30 years
>>
I've been learning about investing and portfolio construction recently and have been thinking about SIPPs. It's something I might think about later once I get better at this but for now I'm leaving my pension in a fund, paying into it monthly and just leaving it alone.

What I've done instead is to just open up an investment ISA and doing all my learning and playing around in there. A bit like a second pension. So If I do push things too far I don't fuck up my actual pension.

I'm kinda glad we're going though these rough times in the market right now as it's still early days for me and teaching me some good lessons.
>>
File: Muh cash doe.png (101KB, 940x720px) Image search: [Google]
Muh cash doe.png
101KB, 940x720px
>>1047964
You'll be fine OP.
I look forward to having my holdings completely BTFO by this bear market with you.
>>
File: animoofaec84.jpg (40KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
animoofaec84.jpg
40KB, 362x346px
>>1048281
What do those columns mean

how much money do you have invested in that picture
>>
>>1048759
It's literally all in the picture
>>
>>1048759
>>1048789
I'm the one getting BTFO, and yes, it's all I the picture...

Look at the at the top and left hand side to know what the information means.

The total invested is at the bottom. About £6500.

This is how much I had in last month too. I'm down about £450 since Christmas.
>>
File: 1421340456629.jpg (32KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
1421340456629.jpg
32KB, 350x550px
>>1047305

>mfw I live in a country where you can buy an apartment while it's being built for 30k and then flip it for 40k six months down the line
>mfw Eastern Europe has its perks
>mfw the average yearly salary is less than 8k
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.