[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go about guiding the growth of a city?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
I've had ideas as to how to bring new money into my home town for a while that would work fairly well given every town within 10 miles has to export its entertainment elsewhere. We have around 25,000 people that could all be appealed to with the addition of a new open-air mall complex to get more designer goods and entertainment services. My hometown is currently a Walmart and restaurants. That's it.

A movie theatre is coming to town soon using an abandoned contractor supply store that expanded just in time for 2008 and went bankrupt by 2010.

I don't know how to go about getting this plan executed, though. There's another mall 25 miles away (Indoor) that I think wouldn't be too affected by this one opening.

My only concern is poor people. Black people, mostly, but there are also a few white trash sorts that might cause issues that require the mall to be more stern-policied than it should have to be.

Median household income is 40k annually (with pockets of 100+k), with a large military population (this is a Base town), so there's expendable income in small amounts; it would definitely be a middle class mall and not some elite boutique.
>>
>>1046972
Malls are dying. Open up a UPS outlet instead so every time ppl ship stuff from Amazon youre on to that.
>>
>>1046979
There's been one for a while, and I live too close to a major distribution hub for there to be much in the way of a middle man (FedEx central hub)

I wish I'd gotten in on the theatre, really. I knew that building needed to become one when it went out of business; I even did my research to get a quote on it. Unfortunately, I was 14 at the time and the quote was into the millions of dollars, so my involvement stopped there.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.