[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Warren Buffet really the nice jolly grandpa that he portrays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (689KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
689KB, 640x1136px
Is Warren Buffet really the nice jolly grandpa that he portrays? Any links or stories of him being his business self?
>>
>>1046496

I heard he refused to pay for his hippy granddaughters art degree.
>>
read the article about LTCM going down by michael lewis, talks a bit about how he got out of solomon brothers because all he cares about is his reputation, for the same reasons he stepped in when LTCM was floundering and looked like a hero but was just making a shit ton of money, did the same thing with GS during the financial crisis. hes a completely ego-driven psychopath just like you'd expect, just really got at hiding it and staying modest. still a genius tho
>>
>>1046496

He's a reptilian.
>>
Read "Buffett: The Making Of An American Capitalist" by Roger Lowenstein.

The cliff's is he's probably better than most financial people but not quite the saint he portrays.

Some bad shit he's done:

- Bought a newspaper in Buffalo, priced the paper at pennies until the only competing paper was run out of business.

- Engaged in derivatives trading (credit default swaps) which he himself describes as "financial weapons of mass destruction."

- Questionable deal with Goldman Sachs during the crisis.

- etc
>>
>>1046839
None of those things can be remotely considered bad.

market takeover at the newspaper
He describes them as wmd's for the LAY-person
He was offered the deal at goldman and the terms were too good to refuse.
>>
>>1046518
>adopted granddaughter
>Thrashed him on Oprah because he didn't give her his inherentance but decided to give it to charity.

I'd cut all ties with her too if I was him.
>>
>>1046867
He cut ties to her because she blabbed about money to that dropkick documentary maker
>>
>>1046496
he seems basically like every old rich dude. His redeeming quality is his honesty about his rise to riches, and the fact he donates a lot of money. That being said often they are to 'for profit' stakeholder driven 'charities'... So maybe a large minority of his donations are truly altruistic.
>charity
You can't call that a char
>>
>>1046857
good business is often by necessity not moral

spreading wealth is the best way to improving the economy, and profits generally do not spread wealth in any way. Stakeholders don't get equity in the company without dividends and stockprices are in no way indicative of a companies' market value/ profit margin, other business metrics.
>>
>>1046496
One funny story; he was a very early investor in 23andme.

The reason: He wanted to know if he was related to Jimmy Buffet. (they wern't related)
>>
File: riksaboss.png (2MB, 1911x1003px) Image search: [Google]
riksaboss.png
2MB, 1911x1003px
>>1046496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5fLbfmMA

warren was also the biggest single player in the silver manipulation 1979
>>
He had hundreds of black lovers, and when they got pregnant, he paid them pennies to shut the fuck up and get the hell away.
Those that refused, got killed. He did keep his eyes on his bastards, though, and is said to have sodomized a few of them.
>>
>>1046496

No, he has no ethical or moral dilemma when it comes to shitting on other people to make money

Pic related
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.