[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright hear me out /biz/, I've got a plan to make it into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 654864.jpg (64KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
654864.jpg
64KB, 480x360px
Alright hear me out /biz/, I've got a plan to make it into investment banking and I want you to tell me why its shit and how I can improve it.
>go to some undergrad, major in math while taking economics courses
>get internships and suck dick to get rec letters while getting a good GPA
>exit undergrad early if possible if not spend more time networking
>get a job as a financial professional for 2-3 years, while investing and making my money grow
>do god tier on gmat
>apply and hopefully get into top MBA programs
>???
>become either consultant or banker
>invest in real estate
>own multiple properties
>be somewhat rich
I realize it's extremely simplified. Any tips to get to my final destination and how to achieve it?
Pic hopefully unrelated
>>
>>1045379
If that's what you really want to do with your life, then it's a good a plan as any.
>>
Probably going to crash and burn. Also you probably don't need an MBA for most positions. You get an MBA after you get the job, so you can get a raise. And they'll pay for it.
>>
>>1045387
Are you saying this isnt something you would do? Why? Am I just a disillusioned retard?
>>
>>1045393
From what I've read, MBAs start at as associates and undergrads have to work up to associates. In any case I'm not getting recruited out of undergrad because my school isnt ivy
>>
>>1045395
I'm sayin.. do what you love to do. You only got this one life.

If you don't know what you love, then at least keep the idea that there might be something on the back burner.
>>
>>1045397
Then don't expect to be a banker if you don't go to a target school.

Regardless, the plan sounds good but many people who take it on are in it for the wrong reasons and get outperformed by people who are super ultra mega passionate about it.

Who knows tho. You might be super ultra mega passionate about it.
>>
Or. Get a 3.5+ in your math major and apply to mfin programs at MIT, stern, Princeton, Cornell, etc and for a job that way. It's what I would have done if I stuck with math. Just prepare to study your ass off.
>>
>>1045403
Some atheist fedora checking in?.
>>1045395
Banker... Souless pieces of shit. that´s wassap
>>
>>1045404
How about a target school for an MBA?
>>1045408
Why mfin over MBA?
>>1045403
Well if all works out, and I choose not to be a banker I'll at least be employable elsewhere right?
>>
>>1045379
Have you tried just stacking paper smoking weed and fuckin bitches? I'd recommend it over your plan.?
>>
>>1045799
Cost effective. Top tier mba is like 200k while a top tier mfin is 80k max and is only one year and you get a better network at this stop uni's without fighting for an mba spot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.