[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unofficial Renters Paying Cash and Growing Weed (Medical)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_976210911.jpg (259KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_976210911.jpg
259KB, 1000x714px
Long story short I own a small house which I "rented" out to strangers for under the table cash monthly, no contract, and I don't have a landlord's license. They are growing weed in the basement making the yard smell very clearly of weed. According to them, it is the legal number of plants and they have their growers license. It's not uncommon in my area and you can smoke on your property legally, etc, however it's not legalized in the state, and obviously not federally so if they are not doing things exactly by the book, it's no bueno.

I live across the state. How bad is this situation. What kind of liability to I have. Would the story "I just let my friends live there for free & I had no idea they were growing weed" even be plausible? If they are breaking laws (selling illegally/over-growing, etc) who is on the hook for it? Only them, or myself as well?

Thank you biz. If you have questions just ask.
>>
You're going to get your house taken and go to jail.
>>
>>1044725
Everyone is off the books and its your property.
If they say that you're just a friend and they didn't know you were growing in your own basement then you are the only one that gets fucked.
Plus you don't have a license, they do.
It's on YOUR property, not theirs.
You are in even bigger shit if they get busted.
>>
OP here. My state is Michigan. The laws available online are a mess. If anyone can point me to some hard facts pertaining to Michigan in particular, I thank you.
>>
>associating with dopers
either Uncle Sam is gonna kick your shit in or those retarded stoners are gonna do something retarded like burn the whole house down

what I'm getting at is you're retarded and an accomplice to whatever they're doing regardless of how "half-legal" it is.
>>
>>1044741

This.

Way to go OP, you moron.
>>
>>1044741
>>1044803
This is really great advice. Thanks for being a part of this thread.
>>
>>1044725
I'm not an american lawyer so don't take this is fact, but I did handle a mock case like this once in university. Your best argument is that you were unaware of what they were doing, tell them to shut the fuck up and promise that they can only keep the place if they sign a contract.

if they don't, evict them.
>>
>>1044812
If you can say in good faith that their operations were unbeknownst to you then you are not breaking the law by housing others. But from your statement yout cannot say that in good faith. This means you are complicit and any penalty laws being broken will fall on your head. I am not sure of exactly what law you may be breaking though. Have you done any research?
>>
>>1044725
wtf is a landlord license??
>>
>>1044813
>Your best argument is that you were unaware of what they were doing,

OP is very clearly aware of what they are doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 600x800px
When OP goes to jail his roommate will be a 6'5" 350 pound nigger. When he enters the cell the nigger will ask him "well do you want to be the husband or the wife". OP will answer, "I will be the husband. Then the nigger will say " well come over here and suck your wife's dick"
>>
>>1044818
No shit, retard.
>>
>>1044725
enjoy having your house burn down in an electrical fire
>>
Just evict them. Kick them out and say you are not comfortable with them growing weed in the residence.

BE AN ADULT and take care of your property and investment. Holy shit this makes me mad, I really want to be a landlord and have rental property and a stupid fuck like you has what I dont/ World isnt fair fuck
>>
Speak to your local police that you have suspicions your tenants are breaking the law and you need help dealing with it.
>>
Bribe them for weed, start growing your own. Once you've used them for their knowledge of weed and you have a substantial farm going kick them to the curb.
>>
>>1044817
I think some cities require it. I've heard of it before but we don't have that where I live.

>>1044997
Kek
>>
>>1044725
Don't worry about it.
Make sure they have a proper extraction system so you don't get damp and that electrics are safely wired up.
Deny all knowledge in the unlikely event something happens.
>>
Demand a cut of their profits as a risk charge.
>>
Demand to be able to fuck their girlfriends once a month because they don't pay rent.
>>
>>1044756
This isn't true at all. Why do people make shit like thus up? Did you hear this somewhere and just had to repeat it? Are you hungry for attention shut the fuck up. You've never owned real estate you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and you shit up this board
>>
OP, you need to get them out of there ASAP. This will not end good for you. Either demand to see the plants, or evict them.
>>
>>1044796
I didn't think you guys had legalized weed or growing?
>>
>>1044997
He isn't even legally renting the place out he's doing it under the table.
>>
>>1044725
I don't know the laws but 100% certain there is a restriction of where you can grow medical marijuana or at least register its location. Bottom line, there's weed on the property you own with no proof these people live there. Kick them out immediately. They won't stop if you ask. Also don't spend the cash on something the feds can repossess.

Seriously, tell them to leave immediately.
>>
>>1044725
because you live in shithole america, once the cops bust the door down they will seize your fucking house and you will never get it back. fuck them off or do it legit.
>>
>>1047319
Even if it is legal in the state, the feds can still raid you. If the property is involved in drug production, they can seize and sell it (civil asset forfeiture).

It doesn't even matter if you didn't know about it; they apply strict liability against the property.
>>
>>1047321
well OP has one choice then, put legit renters in. Surely having a rental property in america can be tax beneficial somehow?
>>
If you don't know the law and/or are too stupid to actually pay the money to ask a lawyer, then you deserve the long-fisting arm of the law and the jail time that you will most likely receive.
>>
>>1044725
Since there is no contract you are basically getting a cut from their illegal operations, from investigator's point of view. That makes you accomplice. Kick them out asap and pray to god nothing comes out of it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.