[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Square Reader Fraud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: BOLD RAW.jpg (1MB, 2100x3150px) Image search: [Google]
BOLD RAW.jpg
1MB, 2100x3150px
How likely would I be to get caught if I set up a fake catering service and payed my self with my company credit card? I have a bloated budget that I will never spend all of under normal circumstances... so i am thinking of doing a fake $500 monthly catering service for "staff lunch" or something
>>
You are overthinking it.

Get a good deal with a local restaurant. You do not eat there, they give you 90% cashback.
>>
>>1043354
It would be hard to establish that kind of relationship.. don't you think?
>>
>>1043357
Depends on your social engineering skills and your current eating habits I guess.
>>
>>1043360
i like the idea of the square payment because it eliminates the amount of people needed to be involved. it's just me.
>>
wether with a restaurant or something else, it would be better if the fake billing was made by a real company owned by someone else. A bogus one under your name is risky, one Goggle search and you're busted. As a hospitality professional, this kind of things is not unheard of, but tricky to bring up with someone you don't know. Go around your friends and split the amount over different services (taxi, food, courier) $140 billings won't draw as much attention as $500
>>
>>1043619
thanks for the advice. What if I create a square catering service that shares the name of a local caterer. That way, if they do a google search, i am good
>>
>>1043810
Who is they? The govt? In that case they will know by the financial records of you setting up the business....

Why not pay me to make a business and help
>>
>>1043337

>breaking the law to make an extra $125 per week

This is nigger logic. Either go big time and rip them off for something substantial, or ask for a pay rise and suggest it come out of the budget.
>>
>>1044906
going big time is how people get caught. I would be happy with a little extra here and there
>>
>>1043337
do you have a friend you can trust, or a family member? open a consulting office in his name, . he'll write you a invoice every month for the services he offers, which considering consulting, could be everything (e.g. drinking tea with you in order to keep you from burning out etc.). give him a 3% share and you keep the rest off hand. as long as it is in small sums, his 'office' will not be suspicious.
>>
>>1043810
I don't know for the U.S, but where I live payments must be made to the legal name of the company (which may not be the same as the name on the front of the store) You would have to set up an account with the same name as the company you're piggy-backing, which won't be possible or too risky, because an account which that name already exists, the account of the real company.
Your restaurant idea is good, but you need someone with manager access to be able to write fake bills, and then take them out of the restaurant's system. Same goes for any other setups (hairdresser, taxi), you need someone who can make invoices.
Sums should be small enough to be "payed" in cash, no paper trail, just the ticket issued by restaurant, saying "payed in cash".
Bringing other people in the mix implies giving them a cut but that seems safer to me than everything tied back to you. Or you could by three or four different check printers and print checks yourself, depends on how deep your accountant would go.
>>
>>1044953
>>3%

Short sighted fucks, the consultant needs to pay his own taxes.
>>
no it wont work cause square has insane anti fraud and with that type of thinking you wont get passed it no matter how hard you try
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.