[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biz student here. Is project manager a good career goal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Biz student here. Is project manager a good career goal?
>>
Too broad a question to give a good answer.

Project managers in my industry (management consulting) get paid a decent amount. Expect to work as an underling for a couple of years and get PMP cert/MBA. But I think satisfaction is more than salary.

Being a project manager you have to take shit from the client while managing the shitheads who work under you. You become an expert in pushing shit around. I guess its a valuable skill; shit has to get pushed, people who push it well are rewarded. But why would you want to spend your life shoveling other people's shit?

Learn to actually do something.
>>
>>1043073
>Learn to actually do something

Like what? I'm not a creative type if that's what you're getting after.
>>
>>1043078
get an engineering degree or construction experience or some shit-manager is great until you aren't given the opportunity to do it
>>
Project Manager here.

I'm about to be 34 in a few months, and I started out as more Help Desk and support but moved into small projects, team management and then large scale projects. So now I'm really a technical or most focused an Infrastructure PM. My pay when I started in this area was around 90k, and I've gone up to about 149k now. Got to manage some really BIG and cool projects for local and global companies. It's kinda cool to walk by a big store and say hey I managed the entire wireless infrastructure upgrade, or if you go to www.<thiscompany>.com I migrated that whole website from on-site stuff to a corp server farm.

It's just OK. You have to really kind of enjoy a clusterfuck to do well as a PM. And you HAVE to be a people person. No shit you'll say but most PMs think it's just managing things but it's most about managing PEOPLE....and people can be freaking difficult. Plan to get your PMP cert, AGILE or SCRUMM. It will get you a job over other people particularly PMP.

Study PMBOK and basics on your own time. Plenty of ebooks and good resources.
>>
I don't know man, but every PM I've had thus far has been a pretty hot. There was this one blonde chick with an absolutely perfect ass (think Alexis Texas) who managed our group last year, but she was replaced with an older milf who has this really hot dom vibe about her. At my other job it was an Indian girl who was a kind of a butter face, but always wore low cut shirts to show off her amazing cleavage.

I hope this helps you make a decision.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.