[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off to attend a financial advice workshop hosted by Robert Kiyosaki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 9781469202617.jpg (33KB, 344x573px) Image search: [Google]
9781469202617.jpg
33KB, 344x573px
Off to attend a financial advice workshop hosted by Robert Kiyosaki in the coming weeks. Does /biz/ Think it's good advice for a newcomer to the world of Entrepreneurship and investing or am I about to get a great long stump speech I should take with a grain of salt
>>
What is this book about?
>>
>>1042263

TLDR: you aren't going to become rich buying and holding index funds while working 9-5 and saving up. Rich fags borrow money and take risk.
>>
>>1042269
thanks, now I will succeed for sure
>>
>>1042263
He goes into a lot of basic stuff; assets/liabilities, cashflow/capital gains & the beliefs that poor people have vs those that rich people have.

It was great intro when I was like 15.
>>
>>1042592
>It was great intro when I was like 15.

Pretty much this. It's baby's first investment book. It's great knowledge if you're a layman.
>>
File: 7f9.jpg (32KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
7f9.jpg
32KB, 464x266px
>>1042620
>tfw I am a layman

Well, this should be a good start. Thanks
>>
>>1042257
ended up getting taken to one of these when i was 16.
mom and brother went half on the book set for like 200$ they have read literally nothing from it.

>did you know that you could take on debt to get into real estate? find out how to make high interest short term loans in the hopes of cashing big! dont listen to anyone else but me since i made it rich(selling books) buy my book.

the info in the book has few nuggets for total novices but i'd say you're better off reading Millionare Real Estate Investor if you want to get into real estate

you get what you put in with investing. you control how much money you have to put into it through 1.increasing your pay at work through raises and better job offers 2.decreasing your expenses through avoiding debt, being fiscal responsible. 3 taking risks.
>>
>>1042257
rich dad isn't real
whoops forgot the spoiler alert
>>
>>1042257
The free one is an upsell into a 300$ or so workshop, into either real estate or trading workshop.
Sit near the front, the guy is gonna probably have the line "whoever runs up and grabs this swag gets it."

the 300$ one is worth it imo its 3 days of decent work. especially for a complete novice.
between the upsells for the 10k classes which are ahuge ripoff imo.

Oddly enough only like 10 people take action out of a hall of like 500.

Its classic foot in the door sales they run many small 20 minute campaigns, and find the buyers, narrow it down to a few hundred and 3 days of selling.
>>
go online found free college course I think you can find them on youtube. Berkley college professor called econ 101 introduction to economics. get related course books from ebay
educate yourself. have your own understanding of the laws of supply and demand. not some one elses.
>>
>>1042257
i just bought this book and am going to read a chapter or two before i go to sleep
>first post in biz
hey fellas
>>
>>1044819

Congratulations- you learned your first lesson.

Smart people make money off stupid people. BUY THIS BOOK FIND OUT!
>>
>>1044822
>earning knowledge
>stupid
Maybe /biz/ is just as fucked as every other board on here
>>
>>1044822
>>1044825
Kiyosaki is a con artist. His books are written for people with the mental capacity of a five year old.

He had a couple of failed small businesses and the most of the money he made was with this con.

You will literally not learn nothing new, unless you are mentally a child and have never thought about anything in your life.
>>
topkek

it amazes me how many people think kiyosaki's advice is good. I guess when you're raised by financially illiterate parents you yourself will not be so wise with your cash cash dollar dollar.

There is no silver bullet guys
>>
>>1044834
i don't know if you're right or now, but i'm gonna read it anyway fgt. also he knows more than me and this is a stepping stone in my quest for knowledge. Suck my dick biiitch
>>
>>1044834
>>1045239

trump filed for bankruptcy, therefor he has nothing to teach me. i'm not gonna blindly follow some asian "financial guru", but i guarantee I could learn something from this guy
>>
Steal a copy of his ebook, don't buy tickets to his seminars, don't buy his board game or his other merchandise

Take a step back and look at his business plan
>>
>>1042257
If I had the choice between getting punched in the dick and listening to a huge fraudster like Robert Kiyosaki I'd take the dickpunch.

http://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-s-real-estate-investment-blog/61651011-john-t-reeds-analysis-of-robert-t-kiyosakis-book-rich-dad-poor-dad-part-1
>>
>>1045242

>guarantee I could learn something from this guy

At least Trump ran a real business.

All of kiyosaki's money came from selling "rich dad" shit. He has literally never run a successful business other than selling his "financial advice", which is based on a made up story I might add.

Why people put faith in a man with no legitimate business experience whose whole empire is based on a fictional childhood is beyond me.
>>
>>1045709
Made up story = metaphor you colossal faggot
>>
>>1045709
Btw i love the trump
Im not looking to start a business. Just basic investing advice. Next is the intelligent investor
>>
>>1045709
206 real businesses last count.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.