[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the safest type of investment that will beat inflation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1450099463426.png (500KB, 588x571px) Image search: [Google]
1450099463426.png
500KB, 588x571px
What is the safest type of investment that will beat inflation?
>>
>>1042248
Cheese futures
>>
>>1042252
Had that picture sitting in the folder waiting for an opportunity to post it for months?
>>
File: 234234234.jpg (143KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
234234234.jpg
143KB, 290x290px
>>1042248
>pic related
/thread
>>
>>1042276
Cheese tastes better and is roughly the same color.
>>
>>1042276
But invest in physical gold instead of instead of gold issue certificates, right?
>>
>>1042278
yeap

or the mark of the beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67mRrp_KjM0
>>
File: 1432027695324s.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1432027695324s.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>1042276
t: Failed to dump his gold before the dollar started to gain value
>>
>>1042278
yes

>>1042277
have you ever tastes gold coins, they literally taste just like chocolate
>>
Inflation is very low right now so interest on cash and short term bonds will beat it.
>>
>>1042248
Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS)
>>
>>1042300
> interest on cash

Picard_facepalm.png
>>
Low cost ETFs.
>>
>>1042327

Cash and short maturity bonds are an asset class that should be included in everyone's portfolio. It's the lowest one and -almost- risk free.
>>
>>1042346
But the value of USD is decreasing. Wasn't the Deutschmark the most stable currency before they decided to destroy Germany's economy? What fiat currency can I even trust? Forex seems like a whole other level of risk.
>>
>>1042248
You need to take some risk to get an inflation beating return.

Equities and property over 5 - 10 years is the textbook answer.

A balanced and diversified portfolio helps to reduce risk.

Gold etc. moves in cycles. Buy low when everyone else is selling and forget about it for 5 years.
>>
>>1042248
TIPS Not saying its a good investment, but it does answer the question.
>>
>>1042536

I'm pretty sure the dollar is strengthening against most other currencies. But that was not the point of what I was saying. The original question was what do you need to do to stay ahead of inflation, which is the key to not having dead money, or worse, deflating value of your savings. And right now, with inflation as low as it is, just cash in a savings account will beat that.

It all depends on your appetite and tolerance for risk and your time frame. The main thing is to be diversified and the easiest way to do that is to just use a mutual fund.
>>
>>1042248
Why the fuck does that chick look like someone from Whoville?
>>
Pussy futures
>>
Education? Get a qualification and skill and use it to increase your income.
>>
>>1042248
buying a laundry mat in the ghetto. Whenever some people in the ghetto have money they don't buy a washing machine. Whenever they don't have money they can't buy a washing machine.

They'll be around turning a profit regardless of the state of the economy for a lot time coming. Find one in your area, read up about the business, get financing, and purchase one. Get a big ass loan that you can stretch out and then you can maximize your profit. The return is also far greater than what you'd get in something like the stock market.

Before people discount this, I had a friend who worked his tail off out of high school and now he owns two of them and used the profits to purchase a local snack distribution business. All of this being done in less than ten years. Another perk to owning something in the ghetto is that you have people come in wanting to help sweep and maintain your store on the cheap.
>>
>>1042248
hire a convincing asian tranny and set him up with rich men on dates and film them secretly to later blackmail them with
>>
>>1043119
This.

Over 9000% ROI, very little risk other than paid assasins, and your tranny being found mutilated in a frozen lake in Russia
>>
>>1043112
Also you can flip that same idea. Open laundry mat close to prep/private school. My great-grandma did that and could afford everything and more for 5 kids not to mention all the stuff for grandkids
>>
>>1043147
Yeah, it's seriously not even hard to run. You get a camera system setup in one, get some type of auto-locking feature for your doors, and then come in once per week to collect the change. At some point someone will come up asking if they can clean it, usually a kid that you can pay below minimum wage under the table, and then just save a small portion of profits for potential maintenance problems in the future.

They're cash cows anywhere, but they prosper in the ghetto.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.