[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: gh 2.jpg (361KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
gh 2.jpg
361KB, 4288x2848px
I`ve recently opened a guesthouse in my hometown, any suggestions on how I can make it better/more profitable?

pic related its the house from outside
>>
Put solar panels on it
>>
>>1041761
Is that Bulgaria ?
>>
>>1041769
Yes, Plovdiv
>>
>>1041761
Also, the satellite dish, if you need it so bad, just hide it ontop of the building, its ugly that way. Same goes with the refrigerators on the windows.
Also this little door seems really unwelcoming, do something about it.
As a whole hire an architect/designer to make the building more appealing, but keep it simple, easy on the eye and as traditional as possible.

If I wanted to stay in cheap motel, I would go to the cheapest one, and wont care how it looks, but if you charge me extra because the building is historical or themed in some kind, you better make it look and feel good, inside and outside.
>>
>>1041770
Maйнa...
>>
>>1041771
Thanks for the advice its nice to hear what travelers think, im looking into doing something about that but you have to file a project in the municipality and if they approve it only then can you make changes to the house because its part of the "Old town" so it has to look a certain way.
>>
>>1041772
Maйнитe cмe нaвcякъдe явнo
>>
>>1041775
So what are the uniqueness of this house, compared to the others around it (oт Плoвдив cъм) why should I go there ?
Also don't you think Kapana is better option for new startup in the town right now, it seems like its the new hip shit that will dominate the next 3-5 years before it eats itself up. I hate it tbhfam... but on a business pov I would say it could be better ? I mean you can charge way up just coz you are there...
>>
>>1041779
The best quality is that it is literally 20 meters away from the Ancient theater and we are a more family orientated place ( we try to stem away from hostels which are taking over the market because they deal with shit people) also i have friend who offered me a place in kapana ( дo хaлитe) but there is nothing special about it. Also i know hat you mean about the business there growing but its mostly hipster shit i really dont know what they would want there ive thought about a cafe but the investment costs would be absurd for me.What do you think will work well there.
>>
>>1041784
In that case your house is good, so you better optimize it, put it on the web, facebook, instagram, make a site (hire someone tho, all this diy sites in bulgaria are so horrid), tripadvisor, airbnb all these stuff, be really kind with all your costumers and satisfy their needs, and you will be in the business for long time, this will elevate you way up above 90% of the businesses around you, just because ppl in bg dont know how to deal with costumers, they still live in 80's where they think they are the only business in town and ppl don't have much choice, so they are generally rude. Just remember one thing - costumers always comes first. Otherwise when you link it to all this social media shit, you are in profit.
As for Kapana, plenty of coffee shops there, plenty of junk food too, mostly turkish but still. If you don't have time/money for it you wont miss much if you ask me, otherwise you can try something small, with fast food, american (traditional, like diner or something) or mexican food, those are rare in bg, and in Plovdiv non existent afaik
>>
>>1041791
Thank you very much for all the advice man (we are all gona make it breh)
>>
>>1041791
This.

The pics better be excellent, and you better keep it listed on all sites all the time, as well as have your own website, facebook page. Always be updating. Always be fresh. Don't give up.
>>
>>1041796
btw, I am an artist by profession, I make sculptures and shit, recently(year ago) I made the decoration of the interior of a hotel on top of Sahat Tepe. Its huge complex with underground heated pool and I think garage too, at least when I was there it looked like that, you can go and check it I think its still in building process (final stages)
>>
>>1041800
I dont know which one you are talking about can you give me directions
>>
>>1041804
It's not open yet, and afaik they changed the name couple times. Its right infront of the steps for the tower, there is small square where many ppl park their cars in front of it.

Also I just realized you can advertise on local sites like plovdiv24.bg and shit, pay to some journalist to write something about your place and pay them some more to put it on first page.

Even if you get bad replays, you will know what to change.
>>
>>1041808
I havent thought about that but its a really good idea thanks man
>>
>>1041815
np bro
>>
>>1041761
bump
>>
>>1041761
What's that little cupboard thing?
>>
All hotels and guest houses are competing with Airbnb these days, just think about that.
>>
>not posting interior pictures

Offer promotions at local shops, maps, things to do, etc. Basic value adding
>>
Put some flower boxes in
>>
>>1041761
Hi!

I live in Tallinn, we also have quite extensive old town and we are in UNESCO heritage sites list.

I suggest you look at the photos of places of our own old town diners, guesthouses and gather some ideas from there. It may give you some sense of what decorations are applicable and some good ideas too.

Right now this photo, on this photo i do not see anything that actually says that this is a guesthouse, the cupboard is separate and leaves the impression of a souvenier shop displaying its wares.

There is a nice lantern on the corner and on the right side on the front of a big door i guess. You could invent some distinctive logo and sticker the sides of those lanterns with it. This way people coming from either side will know what that house represents even coming from farther away and its a nice piece to have.

My guess is that this house has some history to it, so in the interior there could be something that tells about the heritage of that house. maybe some black-white old photos framed on the walls.

On the left side the windows have some strange white boxes on it that have some metal curtains under it. It leaves the impression of a detention house, you already have the metallic framework on windows, so this additional thing is overkill. Also in those metal things before the window maybe some plant pots could be hanged with nice coloured flowers , it would not be cheap and nice to look at while adding a neat touch to the structure itself.
>>
>>1043395
This. Let them in on "local" stuff. You know the good spots (bars and restaurants, shops) in your town, recommend them to your guests.
Work out a deal with the shop owners, so that they give $ per each person you send their way.
Don't put everything on the website or you'll get hogged, just right "special deals" or some shit, give your guest tokens to prove they are your guest, which you get back with the money, or do it using Foursquare, there are many ways to set it up.
Find a way to do that with as many services as possible (taxi, hairdresser). Give the options of individuals deals or bundles ("night out package", "shopping package" "kids package", whatever..)
This is literally free money, no extra running costs or investment except a bit of your time.
>>
Sup OP
>>
>>1041769
>>1041770
How?
>>
>>1041761
I don't understand why there are bars on the windows, when you are clearly trusting enough to leave ceramic plates and pots by the window.
>>
>>1043603
Thank you so much, all of these seem like great ideas.
>>1043422
Wow it looks amazing, what an incredible place to live in,also found some great ideas thanks.
>>1044485
This is a souvenir shop that is open during the day but everything goes inside at night and the bars are because people have tried to break in.
>>
>>1044478
Since I am from Plovdiv, I know how the street signs look like, and if you zoom in there is little one showing on the right corner, so I guessed this is in the Old Town of Plovdiv.
>>
File: sait 13.jpg (347KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
sait 13.jpg
347KB, 4288x2848px
This is one of the rooms will post more if you want.
>>
File: 00.jpg (56KB, 450x460px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
56KB, 450x460px
>>1045007
The room is beautiful! You need to convey on the outside how nice it is inside!
I would suggest maybe some flower boxes outside to make it look more inviting.
Also you need a nice sign. Maybe something like pic related, a hanging sign. Could be made from wood too.

PS I don't think the air conditioners are a big problem. They could be rerouted to be put on the roof but it's probably not such a big deal. If you do try to have them moved to the roof, have a professional do it. Changing the length of the piping will affect their performance.
>>
>>1045017
I bought some flowers for the rooms and i put them inside the iron bars and it looks really cool.As for the sign I talked with a local company but their pre-made signs were awful and I`m going to the capital to check out another one though.

tl;dr

i can`t decide what kind of sign to get
>>
>>1045161
I had a local woodworking artist make me a wooden sign once. Then I hung it off a sign hanger like in the pic above.
>>
>>1041761
Put it on Airbnb.com
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.