[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the minimum you should start buying shares with? must

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 312680-1366x768.jpg (88KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
312680-1366x768.jpg
88KB, 1366x768px
whats the minimum you should start buying shares with?

must you be able to have a portfolio or can you all in on one (so that you can start really small) then slowly expand ?
>>
>Putting all your money into one stock

Brilliant plan!
>>
>>1041665
You dont have to be rich before starting. Regardless of what these niggers are going to tell you, theres nothing wrong with starting slowly, just remember to keep putting money into it and while diversity is important, you can get that over time. You wont get diversity with 500$, but losing 500 dollars wont kill you, diversity is something you want more and more as your portfolio grows.

Starting with 500$ is better than not starting at all
>>
Best just to go with index funds then you get diversity from square one.
>>
>>1041665

The main thing to watch out for is share-dealing charges (and taxes in some places). If you sign up to a platform with a flat £25 a quarter fee, then you'll lose 20% a year on a £500 investment before you've even got started. In that kind of situation someone with a percentage fee (typically something like 0.25-0.5%) would be better. As well as that, most platforms charge a per-trade fee, usually approaching £10 here. Again, on a £500 trade that's 2%, on a £50 trade it would be 20%. This all means that the smaller your portfolio the higher your risk, as you need a better return in order to see any profit.
>>
>>1041668

Seems like a brilliant plan if I have no money and I'm going long.

>>1041699

right, thank you. I keep saving into the thousands but just end up consuming it all.
Do you think that keeping in financial assets and being able to see the changes and growth in your equity is an incentive to keep holding/keep saving
>>
>>1041704
This is what gets me. If I don't live in the U.S, a non US citizen (rip robinhood), then what are my options?

Will an online platform allow me to trade on any exchange?

I live in NZ and have looked into buying through ANZ as its my personal bank but of course this comes with terrible fees and I think they are restrict to NZX50.
>>
>>1041665
when i buy any shares i try to spend at minimum 1400 dollars, that way with little upward movement i will cover my 6-7 buck broker fee in and out of the purchase
>>
>>1041709
to your bottom question, yes. and watching your number rise and realizing how far ahead you are than all of your peers that just appear to be ahead, ex; big house, nice car, nice clothes, nice tx etc = credit card charges or a monthly debt to be paid AKA an illusion of success majority of the time
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.