[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ dumb 18 year old here. My father did not go to college,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-19-49-50-1.png (171KB, 1440x687px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-19-49-50-1.png
171KB, 1440x687px
Hey /biz/ dumb 18 year old here.

My father did not go to college, rather trade school for HVAC, and has his own successful AC company. His company profits around 5 mil a year (not his net) and he has around 5-10 full time employees. He has ran the company fairlly well, with good logos/name recognition shit.

What should I study in college so when I take over the company, I can expand the company and create new branches around my state? After I go to college I should go to trade school correct?
>>
Here's exactly what to do:

- Go to a good business school and get a 4 year degree in BA

- In your spare time get to know your father's business intimately. Work as a tech, study his books, met his suppliers, learn what challenges he faced and what he faces now. Ask if you can be part of any meetings and even lead them.

- Get to know other companies in HVAC. What are they doing? who owns them? How do they compete. What strengths/weaknesses do they have

If you do these things you could probably graduate, and within a year or two gave total control over your father's company, be doing great and making plenty of money AND not have to spend much time hunched over doing manual labor.

Good luck, you have a great opportunity here.
>>
>>1041157
Great, thanks for the lengthy reply. I screenshotted.

Any particular sect of business? Should I minor in finance/advertising?
>>
>>1041094
Do MechE then go into HVAC. MechEs deal with HVAC systems of huge buildings while tradesmen take care of houses (and so the heavy work for huge buildings)
>>
>>1041174

definitely NOT finance. your business has zero to do with finance. Here's what you need to know in order of importance:

sales
marketing
employee management
accounting
entreprenuership
human resources
>>
>>1041199
So major in Business administration with minor in marketing maybe? Or sales. Thanks for thr advice, I genuinely appreciate it.
>>
>>1041094
industrial engineering then mba
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.