[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cocksuckers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: dickass.jpg (6KB, 150x193px) Image search: [Google]
dickass.jpg
6KB, 150x193px
I made about 100k a year at my last job in product analytics. Which was average.

I left the s/urban areas to start a homestead, and as a local company became aware of my old skills they wanted to hire me.

Fastforward, interviews, a bunch of time wasting, they offered me $40 an hour with no benefits.

Which in terms of salary is around a 20% pay cut, and benefits are worth another 20-30% pay cut.

What a waste of time. I told the girl that made the offer that it was stupid low, and she asked what she should 'go back to them' with. Which is another pathetic example of the pussy-footing world we live in. The person that low balled me can't even talk to me.

America is so fucking pussified
>>
>>1039548

You expect someone to pay a premium for your service in an area with lower living costs and lower density of qualified professionals?

Have you considered that you may be an idiot?
>>
Means a lot coming from a wagecuck.
>>
You first need to understand that 100k with full benefits is closer to 130k. $40 an hour with no benefits is 83k. 83/130 = 56%

This is all the math I'm willing to do for you.

Definitely not an idiot. I own 50 acres of prime land outright, and have the savings to build a good house while having a large safety net a large passive income per year.

At 31 i am doing ok.
>>
>>1039555
I have a reasonably good passive income. Am debt free and will be largely self sufficient in 5 years.
>>
This is exactly why I wont move down to Kentucky where I own land. Yea yea yea cost of living.

I make $44 an hour as a system admin in Chicago's Loop. The same job near my property, actually it would be even more stress as I would be a team of 1 instead of working in a department with support staff, would pay me at best, around $20 an hour.

Tech wages fall off sharply outside the major metro areas of the country, or cities that do not have a large tech sector. In some places, like Nebraska, Wyoming, Mississippi, and a few others, simply have no tech work at all, no matter how low paying
>>
I can't tell if you're waving your dick or complaining. Not an interesting thread either way.
>>
>>1039555
This meme is almost as overused as the suck dicks for $1 each one
>>
>>1039548
what's your point?
>>
File: 1320190461423.jpg (15KB, 261x323px) Image search: [Google]
1320190461423.jpg
15KB, 261x323px
>>1039554

>expect someone to pay a premium for your service
>with lower density of qualified professionals

>Have you considered that you may be an idiot?
>>
File: 1451959450965.jpg (445KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1451959450965.jpg
445KB, 499x499px
>>1039548
That sucks, dude, I just quit a job making 80k to start a job making 120k as a data scientist.
>>
>>1039548
cool blogpost
>>
>>1039548

Um ok.... Did you make a new thread by mistake?
>>
>>1039678

degree/background? data scientist sounds like something i want to become.
>>
>>1039705
>>1039705
MS in Physics. All but Dissertation. Though I'm never going back.

Spent about 2 years in management consulting being essentially being essentially the data analyst for a few different strategy initiatives for some large corporations. Learned a few tools during that time and came out with the skills everyone wants these days.

If you want to do Data Science here's what you should do (and more or less what I did):

-Know Statistical Modeling inside and out at about the level of the Andrew Ng coursera course and/or 'Introduction to Statistical Learning' by Tibshirani & Hasty.

-Learn R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, Tableau + some compiled language (Scala is hot now.)

-More important than tools: learn how to present your results to non-technical people, specifically executives

-Learn a pinch of business strategy here and there mostly so you can speak the lingo.
>>
>>1039548
Are you a China man?
>>
>>1039548
It's called doxxing that motherfucker and talking to him face to face with the terms you desire.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.