[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>invested my 20k in savings around Christmas >down 5%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1427844222792.jpg (46KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
1427844222792.jpg
46KB, 590x393px
>invested my 20k in savings around Christmas
>down 5% so far
>economy hasn't been this volatile since the 2008 crash according to the media and online discussions

Did I mcfuckup? Should cut my losses and sell my normal ETFs and buy short ETFs? Th-this'll all blow over soon r-right?
>>
This is why you dollar cost average. You have no sympathy from me making such a rookie mistake
>>
tfw ive got 20k sitting around and no idea what to do with it. Probably going to try to open up some storage buildings or some shit.
>>
>>1039239
BUY AND HOLD

BUY THE DIPS

The above assumes that you did not invest in meme shit, but ETFs sound good
>>
>>1039239
You will be in a world of pain for years.
However if you sell now you're making a poor choice. You'll be buying high and selling
low. Don't try and fish for the bottom. There are bigger dogs with more information skill and talent doing
that. Recognize who and what you are; the retail investor. ETF are just the new mutual fund. Don't
try and go for a quick buck or save a few pennies

Lump sum buying is terrible in this environment. If you decide to crystallize losses and then reinvest
just try and spread the purchasing over the course of the year. Volatility will be hellish until currencies
have some stability. America is trying to go it alone in the world but that isn't going to happen. This
time it IS different! After ww2 everyone was rubble except America and they could go on there merry
way. Now the world is a lot more close knit and one place can't get that far out ahead of the rest.
>>
>>1039239
>I bought high
>should I sell low?
Hm
>>
>>1039246
>>1039297
What does "spread the purchasing" mean exactly? Let's say I have $15k to invest, does that mean I put in like $600 every 2 weeks or something?
>>
File: 1452647240117.jpg (5KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1452647240117.jpg
5KB, 247x247px
mfw solid 8%+ returns on p2p lending
>>
>>1039319
Yeah, until the upcoming recession.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.