[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any UK business owners? I've been manager of 2 costas now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FlatWhite_2000.jpg (34KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
FlatWhite_2000.jpg
34KB, 800x533px
Any UK business owners?

I've been manager of 2 costas now, and I have to say, they fucking rake in money. It's easy money to rake in off pretentious fucks and old farts.
But I've now got £11,000 in the bank. I want to open a small coffee shop/bar. Any tips and advice on how to go about doing this. I'm fully aware without that trust fund i'll be needing a loan/partner.
>>
>>1038535

>raking in money
>11k in the bank

Which is it, because 11k is hardly raking in money?
>>
>>1038559

>Paid salary
>Age 21

I never said I was a franchised owner of costa. I work for them.
>>
they rake in money because they are a recognised and trusted brand and get the best locations.
if you open an independent shop you won't have the same strategic advantages.
>>
>>1038574

I don't think you know who you're talking to. Maybe you didn't read where OP wrote that he managed not one, but TWO chain coffee shops. What have you ever done with your life?

Think again next time you insult a entrepreneurial demi-god.
>>
Try getting a small coffee stand first maybe? Its never a good idea to get in debt especially if its your first biz.

Just my opinion. If your credit rating is good enough and you can handle the stress by all means get a loan.
>>
Yes, because the coffee market isnt already completely saturated.
>>
See how much a franchise is, OP, and what the other costs are.
Getting a loan from a bank for a new business is generally impossible, but the franchise itself might be able to help with financing?
Best bet though is to borrow money from a rich relative. If you don't have one you're probably out of luck.

Trying to find an investor will be difficult because you have nothing to offer other than about 10k. Great, you can be 1% owner whoopdie-do. Actually, no one is going to bother doing the paperwork to give you 1% ownership for your money.
The only other thing you have is experience working there, so if you did convince an investor it's a great idea, best you'd get out of the deal is a job offer.
>>
On average the set up for a costa store, you're looking at £120,000

You'll need a months stock in advance so you're looking at maybe another £5000

I know these fuckers can bring in £10,000+ so if you can go franchise fucking do it m8
>>
>>1038612
£10k a week

I recommend this to anyone in the UK. Getting rights to franchise is hard a fuck and Whitbreads standards are high as fuck. Fail a quarterly check 3 times in a row and they take that franchise from you.
>>
File: CQD3-U6XAAA7Qgs.png (115KB, 361x395px) Image search: [Google]
CQD3-U6XAAA7Qgs.png
115KB, 361x395px
>>1038606
>>
>>1038616
10k a week doesn't sound that great. The Starbucks by me does 8K USD a day.
>>
>>1038724
always buy into an idea that is hyped right now!
you learn this wisdom when you manage not one but TWO coffee shops.
>>
I know this may sound old school as fuck. But have you considered an artisan coffee delivery service? (Beans etc, not prepared cups)

Less risk and overheads, plus you can build up a database/ customer base and open a branch further down the line.
>>
>>1038758
this is a biz/10 idea anon
>>
>>1038535
You're gonna need a usp and a business loan to rival Costa m8.

Get a stall in a farmers market and build up slowly from there. Sell organic fair trade sustainably sourced coffee to posh people. Donate 0.001% of every sale to Bolivian village orphans. Become a master of bullshitting.

A professional coffee machine isn't cheap so maybe try nescafe and an electric kettle.
>>
>>1038594

rofl

>underrated post
>>
>>1039095
Can't tell if srs or being openly mocked...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.