[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so bad about a federal job? I'm offered a position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1452295337953.png (152KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
1452295337953.png
152KB, 616x725px
What's so bad about a federal job?

I'm offered a position in IT at a federal agency in Atlanta, GA and all of my friends tell me how federal jobs suck. Considering they are all unemployed complaining about student loans all day on Facebook, I would like to know where they get their shit from.

What's bad about federal jobs? The comfy benefits? The amazing retirement pensions?
>>
>>1038472
The fact that you're benefiting from a tax system so broken that everyone KNOWS welfare programs are tearing us apart, yet we keep adding new ones.
Read Robert Kiyosaki, he makes more sense than I could
>>
>>1038480

I don't support these type of people. You might as well give your money to televangelists too.
>>
>>1038472
Nothing is wrong with it. You'll receive great benefits and plenty of time off even if the pay is a bit less. I'd love a job like that. Your friends are probably just meme lolbertarians like >>1038480.

As for >>1038480, why does it matter if anon benefits from the tax system? It's not as if IT jobs are frivolous spending on the government's part, and it's silly to criticize someone for advancing their career using the government just because you dislike a completely separate aspect of said government. It's not like it's monolithic.
>>
>>1038472

Its a seniority system

Innovation is punished

Affirmative action, you'll be working with unqualified niggers

Federal work is soul sucking, Washington DC has the most amount of people that hate their jobs, yet get paid the highest
>>
>>1038480
True story, got out of a speeding ticket this past Sunday night because the officer saw that i had Rich Dad book sitting in the passenger seat.
>MFW now I feel a strong urge to keep reading the series and I'll make millions
>>
>>1038472
Outsourcing
>>
>>1038506

Congratulations. You have extracted the highest and best value possible from that book.
>>
I'm a state worker but many things still hold true.

Yeah, don't expect to be rewarded for innovation. Change is extremely hard and long so don't even try. Do your job and enjoy the free time; you're likely to have lots. Or, if you don't have free time, you can probably streamline your duties and automate a lot because the person before you, or who they're used to dealing with, are not efficient people. Exploit the benefits and find something enriching to do with yourself, like development, personal projects, reading, etc.
>>
>>1038506
>got out of a speeding ticket this past Sunday night because the officer saw that i had Rich Dad book sitting in the passenger seat.

Probably took pity on your poor ass. hahaha
>>
Great benefits
able to "work" from home
job security. lady i work with comes in drunk all the time, the boss knows and she's still here, going on 10+ years.
only downside is when politicians can't get their shit together and the government closes you won't get paid until they open back up.
>>
>>1038472
all unemployed complaining about student loans all day on Facebook

That explains it. They're jealous and want to hold you down and not happy for your success. Not true friends.
>>
>>1038472
I once worked in a rather high level exchange to the USG state security apparatus, in a counter-terrorism ambassador role.

My main USG contact, was a 34 year old black woman with a degree in international relations, who didn't know what the danube was, had never heard of sierra-leone, thought that the PKK was a type of machine gun and thought that terrorism was entirely a response to western aggression.

Your government is literally the worst for this shit. There were quite a few incredibly competent people, surrounded by pathetic and unqualified people.
>>
>>1038713

>I've met one person
>That sample size is enough to generalize an entire population

Sure you did. You are starting to sound like one of my friends. Is that you Mark?
>>
Just know you will never make as much money as someone doing the same work as you in the private sector.
>>
File: aku53.gif (11KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
aku53.gif
11KB, 142x142px
>>1038472
>lanta, GA and all of my friends tell me how federal jobs suck.

jesus how stupid you are? the job market is shit. take any job you can get. and federal jobs are easiest motherfuckers high paying shit there are. your friends are retarded
>>
>>1038480
>Read Robert Kiyosaki
MAH NIGGA (I mean him and not you)

This guy is the ULTIMATE GOY. Chigga didn't even make that much money on real estate, but chink ass chigga JAP made TONS of money selling stupid ass books and doing stupid ass talks telling plebs the basics of investing and encouraging them (often to failure because not everyone can make it).

Got himself a white bitch and chillin in his Hawaii home.

Fuck shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 750x600px
>>1038713
And here I am with a BA in Int. Affairs cum laude, experience in developing countries overseas, no student debt and I'm unemployed but some dumbass black girl that doesn't even know any of the subjects in her degree gets comfy gov job.

>Tfw I just wanted a modest government job after graduating and then get a masters degree.
>>
>>1038472
I had an internship with the feds. It's not bad but... it's uninspiring. Your rewards are disconnected from what you do. You'll feel like you're being rewarded without contributing. You'll get the same amount of money whether you're productive or if you spend all day watching youtube, and everyone around you will think of that as normal.

You'll also have a harder time getting a job that's not federal afterwards, and being good at your job won't provide you with any security like it would elsewhere.

Best advice I have is take the job, put in your 9-5, but have a side project in your field that you can point to as something that 'keeps your skills up', because your job won't challenge you.
>>
>>1038876
>And here I am with a BA in Int. Affairs cum laude, experience in developing countries overseas
That's your fault. Maybe you should have gotten a real degree.
>>
>>1038713
>thought that the PKK was a type of machine gun

Eh, she was one letter off.

>PKP
>PKM

I'd be more impressed that a 34 year old black woman even knew those existed.
>>
>>1038713
>that terrorism was entirely a response to western aggression.
If you bother to read the intelligence reports the past 20 years than you know its based on sound logic.
>>
>Federal IT job
OP are you an expert on Windows 95-XP both client and server side? The government IT infrastructure is fucking archaic. This is why the Russians, Chinese, and Nigerians hack into our networks. The Chinese use honeypots in certain cases.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.