[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my mom hasn't worked for 15 years; was just a stay-at-home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1397182920429.png (174KB, 429x491px) Image search: [Google]
1397182920429.png
174KB, 429x491px
>my mom hasn't worked for 15 years; was just a stay-at-home mom
>decides to go for real estate license
>licensed in June
>7 months, she is in contract with 5 houses
>hardest part (accumulating clients) over, everything will just be easier now
>these 5 houses alone will make her 100k before taxes

Surely real estate can't be this easy, right?

Does /biz/ have a real estate sticky I can read about?
>>
Your mom probably has a lot of friends or is good with speaking with people. If you have either of those two, anything is easy.
>>
Its not that easy.

With the crash a lot of agents went to other fields. Who stayed were the wage slaves and the successful. Her 100k in comision will be less than 60k after everything is said and done. By the time you figure it all out, she is making probably around 20-25 dollars an hour.

If she slips up, no profit this year... like literaly, she worked 300+ days for nothing. If she flies, she could make millions. Its all a gamble.

Funny story. I met an agent about 6 months ago to look at a building (decided the entire idea wasnt worth my time) He showed up in a late 80s mustang, was wearing a Marshalls shirt and tie, and smelled of onions and garlic. I made an offer well below their asking price and he came back hammering on me for 300 dollars a month. His take on that would have been 4-7 dollars a month commision.

That tells you everything right there. Mustang boy was willing to converse back and forth for weeks over 4 dollars a month long term.

Real Estate is the realm of the eagles and the rabbit. You are either predator (making 50K per month) or you are the rabbit who is thrilled with their 2k a week salary until the day it disappears and they are left to eat grass until they are eaten
>>
>>1037896
She probably built connections with soccer moms and other wealthy folks that she met through her kids and all that
>>
>>1037896
is your mom hot (serious question for sales help)?
Post pic
>>
File: LbLd73C.png (316KB, 700x1535px) Image search: [Google]
LbLd73C.png
316KB, 700x1535px
>>1037904
That's the thing. She really doesn't have a lot of friends, although she's certainly good at talking to people.

>>1037917
I calculated for commission already. With commission she will be making that much, but it is before taxes.

>She probably built connections with soccer moms and other wealthy folks that she met through her kids and all that

Yes, but not all of her contracts are from friends and friends of friends. At least half are completely random people.

>you are either a predator
We're talking about a woman in her 50s who has been out of the labor force for 15 years making a very decent amount of money in her first year. I really don't think she is a predator, hence the thread
>>
your mom seems cool

high five
>>
Que picardia
>>
>>1037917
>Her 100k in comision will be less than 60k after everything is said and done.

>implying that's not still a fuckton for a housewife with a 15 year resume gap
>>
OP, in reference to >>1038018
please ensure she stays safe. I don't want you to be a worry wart ... but being a real estate agent can be a dangerous job.
>>
>>1037896
my mom also was a stay at home mom before getting real estate licence. She quit a few months later

If you aren't willing to literally suck penis, don't attempt real estate
>>
>>1038205
>If you aren't willing to literally suck penis, don't attempt real estate

That definitely wasn't the problem for your Mom.
>>
>>1037917
>2k/week salary
That's really good senpai.
>>
>>1037896
i have yet to see an agent under 35 in the last ten years.
>>
>>1038184
>please ensure she stays safe. I don't want you to be a worry wart ... but being a real estate agent can be a dangerous job.

W...what? Why?
>>
>>1039109
There's at least a few of them in every conceal carry weapons class
>>
>>1039126
There's a few of them in any random selection of people. I swear like 1 in 5 people I meet are RE agents, they're fucking everywhere. Can't wait till they all get replaced by software, worthless bunch of high school dropouts.
>>
>>1039126
Excellent idea.
>>
>>1039109
There are cases where "potential buyers" will lure real estate agents to a home and do bad things.
>>
>>1039439
This, worthless job, totally not needed. Way too much take for filling out some paperwork and driving to a few houses. Truly parasites. If that retarded bitch Barbara on shark tank can do it well that should tell you all you need to know
>>
the contacts run out quick. you only have so many buddies and they only need so many houses. if you want to keep up that volume you need an almost exponentially expanding Rolodex.

client accumulation isn't over. it's never over.

one solution is to join a large brokerage. volume stays up but it kills your income. or you can stay solo and live in that boom-or-bust space. seems like your dad works so it's no big deal i guess.
>>
>>1037896
Yes it's that easy, if you're a woman. House buyers trust women more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoeUxzUR4ec
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.