[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$1.3 Billion >$800 million cash drop >$480 million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (21KB, 233x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 233x200px
>$1.3 Billion
>$800 million cash drop
>$480 million after taxes

Can't even begin to think what I want to do if I win all of that money.

Most Americans will spend less than $10 million in their lifetime!
>>
>>1034721
I would literally pay a hitman to kill all the OPs of such threads.
>>
>not taking the yearly payments
>>
>>1034721
Anon, you might not remember me but I'm your second cousin's illegitimate son Enrique. I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment, so I need you to wire me a few 100k. Maybe even a round mill? Can you do that for me? We're family after all.
>>
>>1034734
Sorry man, you'll have to be my first cousin's elementary school best friend's godfather to be able to touch a cent of my money.
>>
File: image.jpg (365KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
365KB, 1280x1024px
>>1034730
>paying more in taxes
>>
>>1034734
i love watching those shows where they go to Lottery winners after a few years and they start talking about how they suddenly had like a 1000 people approach them claiming they were their cousins and needed a million
>>
>>1034730

>Take yearly payments
>Lottery goes bankrupt next the following year
>>
>>1034730
>being a fucking retard

You'll make more and be able to do more by taking the lump sum.
>>
>>1034753

I'd be more worried about the attention you get.

You immediately become a target for life after winning
>>
>>1034830

You can remain anonymous
>>
How anonymous can you actually be with lottery winnings? Obviously you don't have to be on TV or reveal your identity but there are records somewhere. The scariest thing would be to just have to hear "Anon, I don't need to work anymore YOU just won nearly billion dollars!" from everyone I know.

As far as what I would do with the money.

>pay bills.
>hire a good financial adviser or two or five.
>buy a plot of land somewhere and build my dream property.
>put some money towards medical research and space exploration/tourism/etc.

That isn't everything but that is all I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>1034833
You get a good lawyer and a good accountant and then move to the richest neighborhood in your country and get the best security you can possibly get and get a gun as soon as you can. Then you live as a recluse for a few years before you do anything else.
>>
Anyone who buys a lotto ticket should buy a plane ticket in order to commit suicide.

Meaning that I am an asshole suggesting you kill yourself for playing the lotto, in the least efficient method I can think of, which actually has a higher chance of occurring than you winning the lottery.
>>
>>1034836
>muh chance
So long as it's not 0, it's worth risking two dollars.
>>
>>1034721
>Most Americans will spend less than $10 million
Bullshit, there are mansions higher prices than 10 million.
>>
>>1035173
>Most americans own a 10+ million dollar mansion...
>>
>>1035173
$10,000,000 / 40 (years of work) = $250,000

The average american doesn't make anywhere near that much, not even close, especially when you take into account all the taxes that will be paid (remember, we're talking about SPENDING 10 million). A 401K and meager investments would be a drop in the bucket for such a monumental goal to the majority of americans, who make 50k or less.
>>
>>1034730
>what is time value of money
>what is sudden cardiac death?
>>
>>1034745
you actually pay less and earn more
>>
>>1034836
Loss of $2 which is essentially worthless for the chance of life changing wealth is worth it, even if the odds are staggering. lrn2 risk manage.
>>
>>1034833
No you actually have to have your name and face publicized temporarily after winning. It's a one time thing but it has to happen.
>>
>>1035234
>Loss of $2 which is essentially worthless for the chance of life changing wealth is worth it
Pretty sure if you multiply out the chances of winning with the payout (after factoring in taxes and the likelihood of multiple winners of course) it's just straight up not worth the money.
>>
>>1034847
would you throw two dollars away just like that? No? Then why play lotto?
>>
>>1035238
It's not, the payout has to exceed 2.1b before you get a positive npv under the assumption you have the only winning ticket. The problem being that ticket sales growth isn't linear with the jackpot. As the jackpot gets larger, the odds that there will be multiple winners grows exponentially.
>>
>>1035243
Yeah the other problem is if it gets to +EV everyone's going to throw all their money into it because hey, free money. Then the number of expected winners goes up and EV goes down and everyone has a bad time.
>>
>>1034831
Not in 80% of states.
>>
>>1034721
>Anonymous (ID: Xezp3a9m) 01/10/16(Sun)11:09:13 No.1035266▶
> Kill yourself
>H
>File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+05.35

I think it's fine if you bought one ticket just to say fuck it. I find it hilarious watching people buy up hundreds of tickets because at that point your odds get maybe a fraction of a decimal point better at the expense of $$$.
>>
>>1035280
Every ticket you buy doubles your chance of winning.

1 ticket - 1/230000000
2 ticket - 1/115000000
3 ticket - 1/ 57500000

Etc.
>>
>>1035231
>Implying you'd make no money on investments/business ventures with the lump sum.

God, you must be retard.
>>
>>1035346

Not sure if clever bait or just stupid?
>>
>>1034847
Yeah, it's only two dollars. And that beer at the bar is only six dollars. And bracelet is only four dollars.

And pretty soon, the "is only" purchases add up.
>>
>>1035353
Poor detected.
>>
>>1035359
>Being financially responsible means you're poor.
k
>>
>>1035359

Anon, that's how rich people think.

Poor people think 'It's just $5'

The rich man thinks, well, it's $5 I can piss away, or $5 I can stash in a high yield fund...

That's why they're rich

And the people that think like that, even if they're not now, they will be, and the people that think like the poor person, even if they're rich now (because they won the lottery or their grandmother was rich and died or whatever) they will be poor soon enough
>>
>>1035235
>>1035251
Totally legal to claim it under an LLC & wear a monkey costume during press conference
>>
>>1034833
> Wear clown makeup to completely disguise yourself and grown completely different facial hair than you normally would.

> Affect a completely different voive from your usual

> "I used to be a [false profession], but now I'm set for life! I can't wait to move to [false location]!"

> Don't tell a soul that you won the money.

>Live life almost exactly the same, but retire after five years "Because I speculated and got lucky. I should be just barely enough."
>>
>>1035372
Fun fact about LLCs: legal owner's name, address, and operating agreement are public record, and very simple to find for anyone smart enough
>>
>>1035349
The annuity gives you a 5% CoLA every year, and you might be in a lower tax bracket, as the lump sum of the annuity isn't taxed, your yearly income off of it is, so there's a pretty good chance that over the 29 years you have the annuity, you'd make more money than if you took the lump sum.
>>
In my state, it's $604,500,000
l2math
>>
>>1034730

Time value of money
>>
>>1035412
You're going to be in the highest tax bracket whether you get the monthly or lump sum when its this high. It should be even.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.