[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I wanna own a convenience store later in life should I go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: please.jpg (334KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
334KB, 600x398px
If I wanna own a convenience store later in life should I go to school for business management or business administration?
>>
>>1034719
Neither.

You don't need a degree to open a store.
>>
>>1034720
True, but it's more to get a better understanding of running a business.
Unless that's all horse shit and I should just study something useful.
>>
>>1034727
>True, but it's more to get a better understanding of running a business.

You won't learn that in school. That comes with basic information you can google and more importantly actual experience.
>>
>>1034719

No.

Just learn basic algebra and how to fire a gun.
>>
>>1034719
T.b.h., you'll need a PhD in FMCG.
>>
>>1034729
>>1034736
Thanks, I figured as much. Now I have to think of a new major.
I'm bullshitting honestly, if I want a roof over my head right now I gotta go to school but have nothing in mind.
Was just gonna go do military service and then open a store when I get back. That or be a cop and do store later.
>>
>>1034741

Do Psychology so you can learn how to manipulate customers and not be a shit boss.

Or do a STEM so you have a back up plan if you're store dream fails.
>>
>>1034755
>Do Psychology so you can learn how to manipulate customers and not be a shit boss.

You don't need a degree from that. You can just read some books.
>>
>>1034719
Marry an Indian girl that's an only child. Jokes aside you just need money to buy a franchise..
>>
>>1034758

You can learn anything from reading books, so therefore O.P shouldn't go to school at all, which wasn't the premise of his question.
>>
>>1034755
Yeah, something useful.
Should I get an aa maybe ba in English?
Wanted to do that whole teaching abroad thing. If I'm gonna waste my time in college I might as well waste it doing that.
>>1034763
Brilliant.
>>
>>1034766
>You can learn anything from reading books, so therefore O.P shouldn't go to school at all, which wasn't the premise of his question.

For his purposes(to understand customers and be a better boss) all you need is to read some psychology books, getting a degree would be pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>1034768
You don't need a degree to teach English abroad, go do it it you want to. Won't do about for a quickie stop. You could also marry a gay Indian dude
>>
>>1034770
You're an idiot. Psychology will do nothing for that. What are you 18? 19? Thought you were joking but you're being serious
>>
>>1034773
Yeah, but I hear it'll increase my chances at getting jobs in certain places. I wouldn't want to teach it here in the states though, god no.
>>
File: G.png (28KB, 582x386px) Image search: [Google]
G.png
28KB, 582x386px
>>1034770

You'd make a good politician.

My response was based on the premise that OP is going to school, which would require him to choose a degree.
>>
>>1034779
>You're an idiot. Psychology will do nothing for that. What are you 18? 19? Thought you were joking but you're being serious

I didn't suggest it you retard. The other poster told him to go to school for psychology to "understand his customers" which is plain stupid when you can read a few books of psychology instead of wasting all time and money studying something mildly applicable.
>>
>>1034782
>My response was based on the premise that OP is going to school, which would require him to choose a degree.

So you recommended a worthless major(unless you get a PhD and become a psychologist)?

If he wants to open a convenience store or join the military or teach english abroad he doesn't need that shit.
>>
>>1034786
>So you recommended a worthless major.

Are you on drugs or something?

OP said he planned on opening a store and still wanted to go to school anyways.

An engineering degree would be just as worthless for his future occupation.

Out of the 100's of worthless majors relative to his occupation, Psychology would be one of the least worthless majors.

If OP said he wasn't going to open a store in the future and was simply going to find a job related to a college degree, then yes, a psychology degree would be a horrible decision - but that is not what he asked.
>>
>>1034794
Anything else but psychology?
Something I can look at and be like "Yeah, ok."
I'm still thinking of English just to make myself look good on paper for that English abroad shit.
I'm 20 going into a JC by the way.
>>
>>1034794
Any degree is a waste of time if you want to open a store.

What is the point of it?
>>
Where I live, the biggest convenience store franchise has got their own school for educating future store managers. It is two or three years of education, and upon completing it, the chain will grant you the opportunity to take advantage of a very beneficial loan, in order for you to be able to buy your own store.

How's that for unnecessary Intel?
>>
Go to india
>>
>>1034741

Accounting if you really want to know what goes into a business but still have a solid back up in case you start a business and it tanks.
>>
It would help to have experience as a store manager working for someone else and to achieve that you need some sort of marketable qualification to have a hope of landing a job.

https://www.umpqua.edu/rmc

(don't make fun of the socially awkward students)

You will have an easier time getting a loan as well as knowing what you are doing when you decide to start your own business.

https://www.accc.gov.au/about-us/tools-resources/small-business-education-program
>>
>>1034741
engineering or anything in health care will ensure a steady income while you start up. Look at charlie watts he worked as a graphic designer until he started to make more performing with the stones.
>>
>>1034813
That's cool, more info?

>>1034843
Nice.

>>1034846
Noted.

>>1034852
Noted, thanks pal.
>>
ISOM

You'll be a master of inventory management.
>>
>>1034719
Don't go to school Anon.

You're going to start out buried with debt. Now the pressure doubles because you not only have to make your lease payments, your utility payments, your insurance payments, your tax payments and your home expenses but now you also have to cover five digits worth of school debt that has interest piling up on top of it. There is *nothing* you would learn in those four years that you couldn't teach yourself for a fraction of the price.

This a huge mistake most would-be entrepreneurs make. Don't do it.
>>
>>1034880
any recommendations on where to start?
>>
>>1034927
I'll compile a list of books later. I've started three businesses now without any formal education. The first one failed, the second was moderately successful and the third is going better than I could have hoped.

I taught myself everything from web design to inventory/tax law from books I bought on Amazon.
>>
>>1034719
where I lived in London most convenience store owners didn´t even speak English (only arab or Indian) let alone having a degree

You had to finger point the items you want to buy other they didn´t understand
>>
>>1035007
i'll be lurking, thanks senpai
>>
>>1035060
You can go on "coursera.org", they got tons of courses which are free ( you only pay if you want to get a certificate ). Their teacher are from top universities around the world if that matter for you ! The only inconvenient is that you have to wait that some classes start in order to study the material event though they have been dispensed in the past !
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.