[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: 1217.sdt-news.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1217.sdt-news.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Do you mine Bitcoin? What miner do you use? How did you set up your mining farm? I'm considering to buy a miner, and I want to get informed before. Thanks for replies!
>>
>>1034684
>2016
>>
>>1034684
No. You'll literally spend more on electricity.

Only way to mine bitcoins is if you have a botnet of like 50 000+ to make even $10/day.
>>
>>1034684
Genesis mining. Contract mining, pay upfront and they mine what coin you choose either lifetime or 1 year contract.

Or if you have free electricity, get these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASICMINER-Block-Erupter-336MH-Generation/dp/B00CUJT7TO
>>
>>1034693
>>1034690
Do not listen to these juggalos. Listening to advice from juggalos is the fast way to the poor house
>>
>>1034684
i looked into it already, its not worth your time to mine anything, as the cost of mining will exceed the value of whatever coin you mine. unless you are mooching off someone else's electricity or have a low-cost source of energy, your won't turn a profit. even if you do, it will be terribly modest.

a far more profitable market would be building miners for saps to buy
>>
I have access to free electricity. This should make it profitable, but how much so?
>>
>>1034713
do you mean your parents house? they'll notice the electricity bill going up. its also not going to be profitable for awhile. you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a halfway decent miner (a good miner will run you $800+). there are calculators around that can give you an estimate. i dont have a link on me, use google and your brain.
>>
>>1034725
Why does everyone assume I would deceive my parents by running a miner at home? I started a thread at /g/ and this was their first reaction, too.
I'm not living with my parents, and also have a good relationship with them so obviously wouldn't deceive them.
But thanks for the tip of a calculator, I will look it up.
>>
>>1034737
because there's no other way you would have practical access to free electricity to run your miner
>>
>>1034743
Dorms
>>
>>1034743
>Live in a dorm

Free utilities.
>>
>>1034743
I run an extension cord from my neighbors house to power up an entire room
Really saves money
>>
>>1034748
Exactly. This would be my first guess. Or university lab/office/server room. Or workplace. For example a sysadmin could easily install a miner without anyone noticing it.
These would be my first guesses, not someone living in their parents' house and deceiving them. Are there this much kids here that people think this way?
>>
A botnet, 4 btc a day average
>>
>>1034760
Judging from amount of bullshit scam threads on this board, yes. Pakis probably don't even pay for their electricity anyway. A ton of people from undeveloped countries just steal electricity.
>>
So, how much bitcoin can i mine in a month?

say i had x amount of money in a standard bank, and it gave me a y% of interest.
what would my returns be with bitcoin? more than y%, or does it matter on how much transaction people are doing?
>>
>>1034906
>2016
>still racist
>>
>>1034907
>>1034907
It depends how much hash power you are contibuting. Which depends on how fast your bitcoin miner is.

There are no guarantees on return, but people do make alot of money from bitcoin mining.

If you are not technically minded just stick to buying ready made bitcoins. If you dont know your shit bitcoin mining can be complicated and expensive.
>>
>>1034913
is there a primer for bitcoin?
id there any other rival cryptocurrency out there?
dogecoin dieded? [much sad, wow.]
>>
>>1034909
There is nothing racist in my post numbnuts. Most of the scam threads on /biz/ have a ton of Pakis and other people from poor countries.
>>
>>1034918
Highly recommend Ethereum. What they have achieved is revolutionary.

The worlds first distributed turing complete global singleton
>>
>>1034923
You dont call people "pakis" in polite society or in business. I think you've let the /pol/ rot your brain.
>>
>>1034928
Listen here, Paki. I'm not from the UK. We don't even have people from Pakistan where I live. I see people on 4chan call people from Pakistan Pakis all the time. I thought that's just what your people are called in a colloquial sense. It is your nationality after all. Why would it be offensive? Anyway, the points from my original post still stand.
>>
>>1034925
>Ethereum
ok, cool, checkin it out.

>>1034928
on /biz/ there are only 2 races, mate - the rich and the poor.
a paki covered with gold is about as valuable as the amount of gold, and, of course, the organs that i can take out and sell on the market.
>inb4 showing power level
>>
>>1034936
you might wanna take off that panty that's so stuck up your loli asshole, little girl.
chill out a bit here, baby, pakis are people as well - following a retarded pedophile worshiping religion, yeah, but still they are people. remember - those fags have nukes.
>>
>>1034936
Im not asian, im white. I just think its ugly to go around calling people by racial slurs.

What you read all the time on 4chan is none of my concern. Maybe you should be thinking about the way you're acting.
>>
>>1034947
How I'm acting? You are the one going off subject and turning this into something that it isn't. You guys don't seem to realize that outside the commonwealth we don't really have Pakistanis and we don't use the term Paki. Therefore it's meaningless to me and the majority of people on 4chan.

Besides, I'm not wrong when I say a ton of people from less developed countries, including Pakistan, steal electricity. This means mining is more likely to be profitable for them.

Seriously, take off your provincial blinders. You're on a global website. If you can't handle me calling some dude a Paki in a bitcoin thread then you probably need to take a chill pill.
>>
>>1034954
Im just letting you know "paki" is a racial slur. I don't regard people who use racial slurs on the regular very highly.

You yourself said you're on a global website, so it would do you well to take care what you say to not come off sounding like a dick.
>>
>>1034909
> 2016
> still not a nazi
>>
>>1034973
Dont get me wrong, I chant down the global zionist oligarchy when im in the mood to, but using words like "paki" just makes you come off looking like a prick.
>>
>>1034897
Interesting! But... how come? Do you mine with CPU or GPU? I assume CPU because it seems to be harder to get zombi GPUs to work. But either way, non-ASIC minind is very-very inefficient, several powers of magnitude below ASICs. So you must have an enormous botnet to make this much profit. Hundreds of thousands of working units I assume. Tell me more!
>>
>>1034957
Paki is literally only a """racial""" slur in Britain, nobody outside your country gives a shit. Don't you have better things to do than run around playing global word police?
>>
>>1034973
>implying Nazis wanted to kill every one but blue eyed blondes
Hitler said, quite emphatically, that every race must act to strengthen their own good capabilities.
Hitler respected everyone.
>fucking tired of all the kike propaganda
Only with mutual respect can we all get rid of the jewish demons and develop.
of course, calling a thief a thief is not at all wrong. you steal electricity, we'll call you a thief.
>>
>>1034957
>>>/tumblr/
>>
So this faggot linked this thread elsewhere

>>>/int/53367044
>>>/int/53366697
>>
>>1034981
So you agree, "paki" is a racial slur. Therefore you are a dick for using it.
>>
>>1034990
>some english teaching failure at life living in taiwan.

這種宗族歧視的觀點真丟外國人的臉你知道嗎?
>>
>>1034947
>Maybe you should be thinking about the way you're acting.
Are you English? You have a very self-righteous air about you.
>>
>>1035011
>still defining people on the basis of political and geographic boundaries.

Good luck in life.
>>
>>1035011
she's a self-entitled, feminazi, 20-something dyke.
she thinks of her self as someone who is a hero for sticking up for the minorities.
she's most probably american.

disregard her.
>>
>>1035015
Is it weird to believe that your personality borrows itself partly from your cultural environment?

>>1035016
It's 7 AM on a Sunday and iirc, GMT is five hours ahead of us.
>>
>>1035023
well, may be British then,.

high probability she's a paki herself then.
probably she's a he.
>>
>>1034947
>Don't say paki, it's ugly
>Ignore these juggalos
>>
>>1035023
>>1035028
Nice conjectures homos, you worked out that i live in England. Pat yourselves on your backs.
>>
File: 1452395761847.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1452395761847.gif
2MB, 360x202px
This thread has been very much derailed. Can we stick to the original topic please?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.