[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just read the payroll report. How can the US have so many people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1452163210961.png (59KB, 464x450px) Image search: [Google]
1452163210961.png
59KB, 464x450px
I just read the payroll report. How can the US have so many people voluntarily unemployed? Where the fuck do these people get money from?
Do you Americans have money fountains?
>>
>>1033860
>Do you Americans have money fountains?
yes, it's called the fed
>>
>>1033860
Getting a job these days is easier said than done. We also have a lot of baby boomers entering retirement.

>inb4 /pol/ starts shitposting
>>
>>1033860
>voluntarily unemployed
Turn off Fox and wake up please.
>>
>>1033865
>We also have a lot of baby boomers entering retirement.
And being replaced by automated systems because they're way the fuck cheaper and easier to deal with than a new college graduate.

>>1033869
This.

OP, you need to appreciate this fact: almost a third (one fucking third) of workforce-age adults in the United States are unemployed right now. The government has just continuously changed the definition of "unemployed" so people don't panic; if people knew 1/3 of adults didn't have jobs, shit would hit the fan real quick.
>>
The unemployment rate is at 5% which is excellent, stop reading zero hedge meme news
>>
Well a lot of the jobs are off the books.
>>
>>1033930
lol
>>
>>1033860
>Money fountains
It's called the parents CC.
The unemployment statistics are shit in the US, they only cover people actively looking for work. after a few months you drop off the list. I'm sure at least 1/3 of people lack full time work.
>>
The funny thing about the unemployment rate is that its cooked to make the US seems better than teh whole world. Their labor participation rate is at an all the time low and their U-6 rate is around 13-15%. A lot of economists and several banks have criticized the FED/BLS for this stupidity. Also youth unemployment is at or higher than during the depression. Underemployment among that group is also high.
https://cew.georgetown.edu/cew-reports/missingjobs/ Read this report. Its has a media blackout but among the right people and groups its well read now.
The US has an illusionary recovery.
>>
Full Report

Despite steady job growth, Six Million Missing Jobs: The Lingering Pain of the Great Recession shows that the effects of the Great Recession are still with us in the form of 6.4 million jobs that were not created. The report examines the labor market in the recovery and shows:

Three million of the missing jobs include college jobs.
The economy needs to add 205,000 jobs a month to recover the missing jobs by 2020.
There are still 2 million more part-time workers today than before the recession.
Nearly a third of all workers have jobs that are temporary, freelance or part-time.
>>
>>1034438
Labor force participation in the US includes retirees and will continue declining until the boomers die off. Means little.
>>
File: penguin.jpg (56KB, 1280x702px) Image search: [Google]
penguin.jpg
56KB, 1280x702px
>>1033860

>voluntarily unemployed

You're funny, anon.

The unemployment rate is is just shuffling of names and numbers to pretend things aren't as bad as they really are.

A lot of the work people get is part time, minimum wage/low wage work. The work that is out there is bottom of the barrel, but most people have no choice.
>>
They get their money from stealing and drug dealing.
They don't want to get a regular job because they're lazy and have abrasive / inappropriate personalities
>>
>go to college
>get degree in African American studies with a minor in women's studies
>gotta show the blacks that I'm not racist and women that I'm feminist
>no one will hire me after graduation
>blame government that I can't get job and can't repay student loans
>>
Unemployment rates are untrustworthy, first of all, part time jobs get counted in full time jobs and people that are too lazy to look for a job are not included. Both top and bottom of the unemployment rates can be corrupt if both those information sources are.
Thus conclusion is, unemployment rate is untrustworthy.
Fuck y'all.
>>
capitalism can't provide for all people

the least skilled people get shit on

the number of least skilled people grows so more people are getting shit on.

More people are just making little to no money. Not unemployed, but just making little money.
>>
>>1034988
Good.

They are stupid and don't deserve to have high incomes. Epsilons!
>>
>>1034988
> capitalism can't provide for all people
> 2016
> still thinking america is an actual capitalist country
please go back to whatever occupy wallstreet movement you belong to
>>
>>1033930
Re-read the real employment reports, 94 million under or unemployed. The employment rate is down to 5% only because many have given up looking and they are not being counted.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS15000000

The more you know...
>>
>>1035009
This as well

America is heavily regulated in aspects such as quality standards, lots of (in my opinion) unnecessary taxes, it finds you for not joining their universal health care system...which you have to pay for. The only reason people associTe it as ultra capitalist is because they allow politicians to be bought off by big business
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.