[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's doing the 52 week money challenge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: LL.jpg (30KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
30KB, 236x301px
Who's doing the 52 week money challenge?
>>
>>1033792
I would, but i deposit 200 dollars weekly, every week, every year, so.
>>
>>1033792
>an entire year of saving
>less than $2,800 in the account

Literally what the fuck are you doing with your life
>>
>>1033792
I put aside this much in about two months and I'm under twenty. Smh senpai.
>>
Does that mean I have to spend everything but $2 in my first week? Because the money is going to stay in my bank account anyways and I'm not gonna deposit it physically
>>
>>1033792
Me and my wife put away betweeen 2 to 4k each month.

Never less than 2k.. What the fuck is that image? A saving plan for niggers?
>>
>>1033792
I genuinely don't understand who the challenge was made for. If you have a monthly income it's deposited on your bank account anyway and besides you're going to be able to put away way more than <3k each year. If you don't have a monthly income how will you be able to deposit 100$ in the last few weeks.
>>
>>1033792
>go on that savings plan
>retire with like 2 years expenses
>it's not my fault i'm poor, feel the bern, etc
>>
>>1034006

You know those people who call into Jim Cramer and Dave Ramsey's shows and have 80k in car loans, and make 50k, while they have 100k in student loams and 2 kids at 25 years old?

Those people
>>
File: cat.png (111KB, 297x231px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
111KB, 297x231px
>social media bs

pls go.
>>
>>1033792
Pathetic plan
>>
>>1033792
Whats the point of saving 200 a month in an incredibly complicated way?

If you struggle with monthly budgeting then making it harder for yourself isn't a good idea.
>>
>>1033928
>I live at home and have no bills
>>
>>1033792

I would do this but with loose change from every day activities... Because with the loose change, it is tempting to buy those chocolate bars on special, etc.
>>
I don't pay any rent, utilities etc. I have a job and pays pretty well and on top of that I am able to help my parents out with 350 per month, I myself have some personal consumption money and I save 900 bucks per month for my future, to pay my driver's license, to start my own business etc.
I'm lucky.
>>
>>1034097
Yeah! The nerve of some people. He should live independently and get his own apartment if he wants something to boast about!
>>
>>1034097
>>1034297
I'm the under 20 year old and duck fuck you, I rent privately in London, one of the most expensive cities on Earth.
Don't give me shit about not living independently because I don't know many people my age doing that. A single bedroom costs me £700 per month. I just live within my means. Fuck. You've made me butthurt.
>>
>>1034449
Any time a thread comes up where people talk about cash flow they should specify their housing arrangement. It can make or break nearly all of one's investing power. Good on you for pulling that off in London. I manage to save around $1k CAD a month and I also live on my own.
>>
>>1033992
Breh, I'm only in high school.
>>
this is a silly way to save. why backload it like this? Save whatever amount you can per month, monitor your expenditures and do analysis on what they yield. For instance, if my dinners-out expenditure exceeds my grocery bill, I know I'm clearly eating out too much. ROI right. Fancy alcohol is another one--I like premium beer but I really don't notice the flavor that much after about halfway, it's just habit basically after that. So why pay twice as much for the fancy stuff? Does that reflect a good ROI? Instead, drink less, so when you do have some it's much more enjoyable, and I can tell you a cheap beer after a hard days' work is much better than a fancy beer after a lazy day.

Get to know yourself and your habits, it's easy to hedonistically adapt when your cash flow goes up but you must fight this. Always use external analysis to determine your purchases, avoid impulses, that's lizard brain stuff and it doesn't reflect delayed gratification.

Don't ask, "why shouldn't I buy this", ask instead "what will this get me if I do buy it", because money you don't spend is money that works for you, and well spent money will still work for you.
>>
>>1033792
Yea bud I drop 650 dogies a month into savings and I then transfer each 3000 into a medium length high intrest bond. So far I have 5 bonds and I'm only 19
>>
I made my Roth IRA max contribution this year. Feels good man
>>
Wait So you're waiting till the most expensive months of the year to save your largest amounts.
Earning the least amount of interest on your Financial army possible. This plan is pure shit.

Save 500/ month for 6 months and collect interest on your cash dipshits.
Or save 250/month and have November and December spending money.
>>
>>1034097
>Not doing this
It's the current year. Multi-generational households are the most economically efficient.

But you can keep throwing away money for "pride" if you want.
>>
>>1034655
Agreed, it's for retarded poorfags.
>>
No point, I'm putting nearly the yearly amount away in savings in fucking entry level, no qualifications needed jobs.
>>
>>1036425
>Pride
It's about comfort, anon. You're only given one life, and if I have to spend it constantly living with my mouth breathing brother and loving yet nagging mother I will end it prematurely.
>>
>that last week saving three hundred and ninety nine American dollars

Nah dude. Once November hits, dumb people blow money on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.