[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WORMS. So, in my meditations I thought about something I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: composting-red-worms.jpg (94KB, 960x350px) Image search: [Google]
composting-red-worms.jpg
94KB, 960x350px
WORMS.

So, in my meditations I thought about something I had previously seen somewhere on the internet: worm castings. Apparently very rich in nutrients and the like for yards, plants, trees, etc. I've been doing some online searching about how easy it is to start and maintain, so I thought about giving it a try.

Now, after getting everything set up, who should I be selling it to (besides everyone)? With some research, I found out that my local area (and the surrounding areas) have nothing like this, so there's a market. Would I take some of the product to tractor supply stores and ask if I could sell it there? Craigslist? Farmer's markets? Out of the back of a truck on the side of a road? eBay?

Serious questions here. Also, anyone ever done anything like this before? I've wanted a farm for a while, but I never really thought "worm farm."
>>
> I have previously seen somewhere on the intrenet

Sounds like a really solid plan, m8.
You should really pursue it
>>
>>1033040

I just remember it from somewhere. I did more research before I even made this thread.
>>
>worm castings
wait, do you sell the dead worms as futaizer?
>>
You probably remember work castings from when I mentioned them here yesterday.

>>1033029
>I found out that my local area (and the surrounding areas) have nothing like this, so there's a market.
It doesn't exist somehow means there is a market for your product?
>>
OP IM YOUR MAN!!

I farm worms and the best way is stack four or five tires and fill them with dirt, also remove the sod from the ground before you place the tire stack.

I put compost in the dirt and I get big worms.
After a little while your tire stack will fill up with worms and you can unstuck it for easy worm recovery.

Process smaller worms and sell nightcrawlers for fishing bait, two bucks per dozen.
>>
what about fish farming? i wanna get into fish farming, though, most competition would stem from prisons.
>>
>>1033428

Do you do this for a business or just on the side? Or just as a hobby?

>>1033392

I didn't see your thread yesterday. I'm also saying that while we have a lot of farmers, gardeners, and landscapers, I don't see a lot of anything advertising or selling worm shit. I think this is a market I could get into here and convince others of its virtues.
>>
>>1033029
I know a guy that grows worms in his asshole, best nutritional values on every benchmark ever.
>>
>>1033029
A buddy of mine sells shit like that at the local farmer's market.

He doesnt do very well. Then again, it could just be his marketing. He is selling it as a service, like he would come over and use this worm shit on your lawn and planters once a week or something.
>>
haha, i though about this a year ago.
in my country there is no one working with this, and they say, our red worm is almost extinct, (cause of flatworms etc)
I'm living in the Faroe Island, 50k people, so i guess it would be a small market.
I was thinking to go to the mountans and gather worms, cause i don't want to import worms

>>1033428
where do you live? and dose it get cold in the winter? and is rain a problem?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.