[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For my 21st birthday my Uncle opened a bank acounnt in my na

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1450763391528.jpg (161KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1450763391528.jpg
161KB, 750x732px
For my 21st birthday my Uncle opened a bank acounnt in my name with $500 on a mutual fund investment (tax-free).

Im really noob at investment, but at least I have $500 to play with. Do people just leave money on the mutual savings or is there some tricks I have to learn?

Like I said, he literally just gave it to me to get my feet wet.

For reference this is the name of portfolio: https://www.tdassetmanagement.com/fundDetails.form?fundId=6321&lang=en

Please help,

confused investor.
>>
>>1032474
500$ can only bring something if you go into penny stocks, for everything else it is to miniscule.
>>
>>1032488
I thought so.. So best I should leave it running here, and check back in maybe 5 years?
>>
>>1032490
it is not a fund that will outperform, if your uncle put 500$ in it in 2015 you've got 6,50$ out of it.

you can use it in a compound interest manner and everything you earn and can spare you put into that fund. with time if we say ideally your fund will have 5% average yearly performance and you put 5000$ in it every year, you will have 29 000$ in 5 years.
>>
>>1032474

$500 is nothing.

You can add to the fund, but as of now it will never earn you anything, or take the money out and spend it on a business investment.

Like a cleaning company for ex.
>>
>>1032520
I dont mind putting in 500$ into it every month. Basically its like a savings account with a chance to lose/gain with "balanced" risk?

I dont mind not touching the money in 5-10 years. I just want to set it and forget it, and add into it every month.
>>
>>1032528
>but as of now it will never earn you anything

Why not? Even in 5 years?
I am willing to invest $500 into it every month
>>
>>1032529
then do it, risk is not something you should really worry when looking at your fund, unless something major happens to Canada.
>>
>>1032528
>$500 is nothing
I literally started with $500 and almost got to $3000 in two years just by longing and shorting (esp shorting) big cap/mid cap. it was some sort of day trading tho
>>
$500 is the same as $0. Is how much you *regularly* put in that will boost your gains through compound interest.
>>
>>1032570
>$500 is the same as $0

Is this a meme?

I will make gains but small. So yes, I will be putting into it
>>
File: 4FhOuWZ.png (75KB, 1900x274px) Image search: [Google]
4FhOuWZ.png
75KB, 1900x274px
Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded. $500 isn't anything spectacular, but you can grow an account with it pretty quickly if you're smart and use options.

Also, your money is in a mutual fund meaning you have no access to it, because it's in a fucking fund. Just let it sit and grow. You're obviously too retarded to trade stocks anyway.
>>
>>1032529
Do a calculation. Basic compound interest.

The DJIA is outperforming it for the previous 3 years. And keep in mind in 2005 only half of fund managers beat the S&P.

Find out what risk/return you want. if its totally disposable go for it
>>
File: cats waiting for fish.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cats waiting for fish.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>1032474

>moderate long-term capital growth

The fund objective is right in their in the description OP.

You don't play with the $500. Just leave it alone and it will slowly grow by itself, or add in more money and it will grow slightly faster.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.