[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Ontario Anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: canadian-money.jpg (26KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-money.jpg
26KB, 590x250px
>be me 18
>graduated high school
>forced to take gap year
>keep all my money in cash, around 10k
>start university in September, will commute from home
>would like to graduate university without taking loans

Is it bad that I'm keeping all my money in cash? I want to get that 30% off OSAP grant. I'm working 25-30 hours per week, until I start school. I'll probably get 10-15 hours a week when I start uni.

Also, family is poor as shit. Both parents are too sick to work now and are on welfare or something.

I was reading into the TFSA, if I put my cash in there I won't get the OSAP grant, cuz then they'll know I have bux.

What should I do /biz/?

Thanks.
>>
>>1032356
the -30% has been around for years its not going anywhere.

osap is pretty generous with me and I just hold the excess in my bank. I'm one year from graduating though, so after any expenses relating to employment, ex. a car, a wardrobe, etc. I'll dump a sizeable amount into the debt.

the amount of funding I received really hasn't changed year by year after I've disclosed, roughly, the value of my bank balance and stock portfolio.

I guess you should just invest/spend a bit, then see what osap offers you, and continue investing/spending to reflect that amount.
>>
>>1032356
>>1032397
OSAP doesn't hook you up if you have money in your TFSA?? The fuck?

Source on this pls
>>
>>1032835
It says you need to use all assets Google OSAP and TFSA
>>
>>1032849
Yep I did.

Fuck how much is too much tho? I got $15k in my TFSA
>>
>>1032849
>Used the OSAP calculator
>I'm not eligable for OSAP

Wow what the fuck... This is what I get for taking a year off school before going to uni. How can we Jew the system here so I can the money I am rightfully entitled to?
>>
>>1032863
i have my bux in cash

what do i do? i want the fucking 30% grant
>>
>>1032356
Pretty sure your income and family income is also a factor.

I had 500 in my bank chequeins and I was able to apply because I was a low-income household

Call your financial aid office they will tell you what you need
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (43KB, 758x530px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
43KB, 758x530px
>>1032892
i have the money for tuition and everything, will have saved even more by sept. but i just want to jew them for the -30% grant.

i have all my money in cash.
>>
>>1032902
>i just want to jew them for the -30% grant.
for that grant to be of any significant amount, you'd already be getting jewed by high tuition in the first place.

there is no winning with osap. its a fucking LOAN.
>>
>>1032906
you can apply for the grant by itself and not loan
>>
>TFW parents earn $110k gross
>TFW $15k in tfsa 5k in chequing
>TFW going to work during school

Wow why the fuxk am I not eligible for fucking osap? My parents aren't helping me I can't afford it you stupid fuxking Canada.

Fuxjing retards going to OCADu studying PHOTOGRAPHY AND FINE ART get grants and osap and I don't get shit.
>>
>>1032926
>OCADu

For what purpose
>>
>>1032926

How about you move somewhere else? We don't need even more self-entitled babies here.
>>
>>1033007
>Self-entitled
>Being upset at people who will always be dependant on the state getting more subsidies and incentive than hardworking people

If this isn't a sign to always pay as little taxes as possible I don't know what is.

>>1033003
I don't know.

But I do know several of those leftist children who go there. Not even sure what their career aspects are besides having sex and posting kewl pictures on instagram.
>>
>>1032926
OSAP is Student Assistance

are you living with your parents?

if yes, their income will be factored in.

List yourself as a single dependent, if not.

Your assets, income will still be evaluated.

Sometimes its better to be dirt poor and get OSAP considering they are limiting OSAP loan payments are capped: https://www.ontario.ca/page/pay-back-osap#section-1
>>
>>1033028
No I will be living with roommates in a house.

Can't really do that since they factor your parents income no matter since they're "suppose" to be helping you, even if they're not giving you anything. Kinda retarded in addition to my TFSA working against me.
>>
>>1033032
No if you dont live with your parents and theyre not supporting you, you will be evaluated as a single independent.

Did you do the aid estimator?
https://osap.gov.on.ca/AidEstimatorWeb/enterapp/enter.xhtml?lang=en
>>
>>1033034
Yes.

Says im only eligible for like $4000 total from grant and something else.
>>
>>1033053
Okay, grants are free. Take it

Also apply for scholarship and bursaries, you can easily get a lot of money for being 1st year
>>
Keep working. Earn your degree, you'll come out all the better for it.

Debt is for suckers, and suckers need knee-pads round here - not a degree
>>
>>1033066
Debt is a tool but often abused by retards.

I know retards who spent OSAP money on cars and macbook pros.
>>
>>1033053
Wait youre still able to get the grant with all your money in your tfsa?

i JUST need the grant, i don't want the loan
>>
>>1033071
Seems like it's a lower than normal amount but yeah. Although I haven't done it, just punched it into the calc so far.
>>
>>1032356
you sound like you're from Hamilton. get yourself on ODSP like your parents and live the NEET dream.
>>
>>1033117
All my niggas got is them Hamilton's senpai

I got two hamiltons on each wrist tbwh.
>>
>>1033117
Not in Hamilton

I think they're on ODSP, I've heard my parents say that

I don't get shit because I'm working apparently
>>
I think you can get OSAP if your household income is less than 130k

However, I know some people me included got fucked by osap because we work alot of hours. They will give you the grant still, but i'd apply online for bursaries and shit. I'm kind of in the same situation as you OP but I have a pretty good job now that pays partially for school
>>
>>1033117
but i dont have a disability
>>
Why didn't you get any scholarships nigger lel I went to college for free and kept all the cash my parents saved to pay for my college hahaha I'm 23 and making six figures right now while running a business on the side. Lol you fucked up
>>
>>1033147
>He went to memeage

Laughingidiots.PNG
>>
A lot of Canadians on /biz/
also bump
I'm graduating high school this year and applying for osap
>>
>>1032356
Get the OSAP, whatever it takes. Yes I know it is debt but I think something like on a 11,000$ loan all you have to pay back is osmething like 7500 to 8000$.

Also don't take anything useless in school. A BA is worth nothing.
>>
Also if you have a car it has to be under a certain value - the people at OSAP will evaluate your car at blue book value - if it is worth too much to them just get the car appraised.
>>
>>1033987
>>1033988
What about if we got $15k in our tfsa?

What do
>>
well be me 21
studying chem eng
making average 4k monthly from wedding photography
living in mexico
get scholarship to study marketing, take it.
dropout from chem eng.
using the money i earn to buy and sell social houses for profit.
>>
>>1033991
I couldn't tell you. Best bet would be to talk to people from OSAP, I am sure they will give you an honest answer. If you spend that 15k in 1st year you can still apply for OSAP the following years but I know you get a grant and you only have to pay back a percentage of the received loan. Once you are done school your loan starts to accumulate interest.
>>
>>1034009

You could withdraw that money I am sure and hold it as cash or whatever for the time being.
>>
>>1034088
Tru.

I think I pay just keep the $15k earning shekels in an ETF while trying to work and get parents to help me with costs. Would be much better but I think it'd be hella hard. Co-op should definitely help tho
>>
>TFW osap cucks you into not being able to work while in school

So fucking retarded seriously. The responsible and hardworking get punished yet again.
>>
>>1034343
How do we jew them fAm
>>
>>1034361
I wish I knew my man.

One possibility is getting Adderall prescription and selling them to other students?
>>
>>1034372
I sold actually cough syrup and said it was codeine during senior year lel
>>
Who /community college/ here?
>>
>>1034975
in ontario?
>>
>>1035176
Yes
>>
>>1034975
Well senpaitachi?
>>
>>1035210
Which one lad
>>
>>1035708
Memeca.

(Kill me pls)
>>
>>1035751
Bump. Who /here/?
>>
I got into UTM for crim lads
>>
>>1035751
Well? Who here senpai

>>1035990
I might transfer to UTM or something later, kind of ashamed to be going to a CC
>>
>>1036253
if you were to transfer how long would it take to get the degree?
>>
>>1036987
Fuck if I know.

Transfer credits seem to be a mess here and I think I need to talk to them directly because every website says something different and they seem to hint at few to none
>>
Who /community college/?
>>
>>1037877
how are the grils at memeaca?
>>
>>1037885
Not very smart

>TFW literally ashamed to attend
>>
>>1037893
>Not very smart
so take advantage of this and fuck them breh.

>TFW literally ashamed to attend
literally you shouldn't be, not like anyone cares. as long as your not doing some meme program
>>
>>1037939
I don't know how to(KV /r9k/ loser)
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.