[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Quinoa bowls at $7 a pop > Multiple cuisines repped >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

> Quinoa bowls at $7 a pop
> Multiple cuisines repped
> No cashiers or servers
> Two restaurants (one in SF and one in LA)

Will this be the future of fast food business? Is their model financially sustainable?
>>
Depends on how minimum wage is expected to increase. Businesses aren't going to want to incur the heavy investment unless they know for sure that wage-hikes are inevitable. But if wages go to like 10 or so i expect this to happen
>>
What restaurant?
>>
>>1030782
Eatsa

>>1030779
Min. wage in SF is expected to reach $15. I'm not sure about the rest of the States, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go $10+.
>>
>>1030802
Sounds interesting. Wonder if McDonalds or Chipotle will do this to solve our alien problem.
>>
>Quinoa

literally a meme m8 :^)
>>
>>1031654
> All 9 amino acids needed to live
> Cheaper than any meat in the market
> Locals in quinoa native countries falling for the American food meme
> No more $2 extra for guac
> No more reasons for wage slave cashiers to keep living.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.
>>
>>1031659
>TFW by supporting this business model we are finally allowing natural selection to take its course and eliminate the cashier/server genepool

Thank you based Eatsa. Now please hurry up and come to Canada so I may gesst without being pressured to tip these food-serving prostitutes
>>
What they need to do is bite the bullet on rents now because it will pay for itself later. The LA location is in Woodland Hills but they'd blow up with a location or two in Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silverlake etc.
>>
>>1031677
This. Places like this would make a killing in Hollywood or Beverly Hills. If they open a successful outlet there or in NYC then we could see fast food operations as we know it change forever.
>>
Look at Japan

Vending machines everywhere.
>>
>>1032088
Look at your mom

My cum everywhere.

>being a fucking tripfag on an north korean soap opera
>>
>>1032088
They never show you the little Chinese kid inside operating them though.
>>
>>1032088
That's the netherlands, autist
>>
Im iranian. Here we have a very interesting buiseness model with foods. Moms who are good at cooking get hired by a website and you buy the food they made by their own name like Mama Maryam or Mommy Nasrin. No place to rent (they make the food in their homes) No cashiers. No servers, nothing. And this one exploded like crazy. This is their website:

http://www.mamanpaz.ir/

Its called The Homemade Food Network by clicking on each food you can see the mommy making it.

>mfw iranian are god-tier entrepreneurs
>>
>>1032088
Are you Chinese?
>>
>>1032109
Thanks for sharing, not gonna work in US/Canada due to food regulations (can't prepare in your own homes - will get fucked by inspectors), but good as an idea.
>>
>>1030775
>Will this be the future of fast food business?

Nope. Various places, notably fuel stations such as Sheetz already do this and they aren't putting traditional fast food places out of business.

It will work for autists, like those on 4chan, but not for the average consumer. Removing human interaction takes away from the restaurant experience. People enjoy being waited on by other people, whether they consciously admit it or not.
>>
>>1032157
Damn. Places like that would do gangbusters in the US. But I guess...

> Dem fucking Iranians
> Muh inspections

Shame, really.
>>
>>1032157
It would work if you have a food truck though
as in you would need to get it certified and inspected
>>
>>1032088
Are you Chinese?
>>
>>1030775
will we see a return of automats?
>>
>>1032159
>People enjoy being waited on by other people, whether they consciously admit it or not.

given that a think and they is truth to it. One likes the idea that they have power over the cashier. That the cashier is there to serve them
>>
>>1032755
God I hope so.
>>
>>1030775
is the meal pre automated as well? or is it just customer service?
>>
>>1032792
For now it's just the customer service. From what I've read though the company's long-term plan is to automate the cooking too. Hell, part of the kitchen is already automated.
>>
>>1030775
what is shitter kids come in and submit orders then leave just for lols. do you need to pay first?
>>
>>1032913
Yeah, you have to swipe your credit card first and pay for the food. It'll be expensive to pull off an Eatsa prank on a faggot.
>>
This would make a killing in any mid- to large-sized college town.

>Tons of hipsters
>easy
>healthy
>reasonably cheap
>>
>>1032109

That sounds pretty comfy.
>>
>>1032109
Nice
>>
>>1032109

There's something like this in the U.S., I literally JUST saw it on my Facebook feed last night and it's the exact same idea.

>tfw I saw it and said outloud "that's gay as fuck"

I doubt it'll catch on here desu.

Now that I think about it, there's a similar one in NYC already I can't remember the name of, but it's professional chefs who do the cooking.
>>
>>1032159

Waiter fag detected.

>People enjoy being waited on by other people, whether they consciously admit it or not.

This is changing, and waiting tables will likely only be reserved for high end establishments in the future.

You'd have to be stoned off your ass or in denial to think 90%+ automation isn't going to be the standard in most restaurants within the next 5-10 years.
>>
>>1032885
So it'll be a walk-in vending machine?
>>
>>1033729
Except you'll be getting proper food instead of salt and sugar packed shit. Also there are cubbies instead of meals attached to hooks, so it's a bit different.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.