[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inb4 an hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (843KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
843KB, 750x1334px
So how has trading been for you guys the last year? I started trading stocks about a half year ago.

> stocks seems cool
> read alot about it, books etc
> learn about TA
> try stockwars for a month
> holy shit 14% gains
> continue reading, learning, honing my skills
> investing a relatively small sum of my capital
> buying trends in the bottom
> they continue the plummit
> currently down 50% since started
>>
>>1029850
Just buy memecoin.
>>
>>1029886
no
>>
I was also cought by this investing meme last year. Down 6% owning one low risk mutual fund.
>>
>stocks seem cool
>read biz and mathematical finance
>understand industry
>realize there's no point in doing retail beyond index/retirement plan
>focus on self-development
>salary returns up 25% last year
>looking at 30-35% increase this year
>not wasting shitloads of time watching market

It's been *okay*. Not the most exciting, but I like what I do day to day.
>>
>>1030330
Well just don't actually kill yourself when it moons
>>
>TFW trading can't give regular gains and is a losing game.

Grahams 3 elements to investing:
-you must thoroughly analyse a company and its underlying business before buying stock
-You must deliberately protect yourself against serious losses
-You must aspire to adequate, not extraordinary performance

Trading breaks the last rule. The only reason you would ever trade is to get somewhere faster than long term investing but from The Intelligent Investor:
To see why temporarily high returns do not prove anything, imagine that 2 places are 130 miles apart. If I drive at 65MPH it will take me 2 hours to travel between the two places. But if I drive at 130MPH I will get there in 1 hour. If I try this and survive am I "Right"? Should you be tempted to try it too because it "Worked"? Flashy gimmicks for beating the market are much the same: In short streaks, so long as your luck holds out they work. Over time, they will get you killed.
>>
>>1029850
tell us how did you manage to lose 50%
the worst thing about it is that to gain back your starting capital without adding more cash to the portfolio you need to make 100% gains
>>
If you're so afraid about losing money, you should've stuck to paper-trading for at least another year. You shouldn't be fucking surprised that stocks go up AND DOWN.

Use it to your advantage. Buy cheap shares now, or short $SPY / any other related ETF if you think the market will continue to plummet.
>>
>>1029850
That's what happens when you invest in a market with collapsing startups faggot. Get a fucking education or learn to read the market as a whole. Or be exceptional like me and make extremely profitable short term trades. Less risk.
>>
>>1030449
Thought a decent strategy was to buy a stock when it hit bottom in a trendchannel. Yet everytime i did it (volume decreasing), the stock kept falling, and my stoplimit got me out of the trade. Had my stoplimits at 10%.
>>
File: Aku.png (188KB, 481x490px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.png
188KB, 481x490px
>>1029850
That's the way we roll!
>>
>>1030610

>Or be exceptional like me and make extremely profitable short term trades.

So short selling.

Could you recommend a book?
>>
>graduate college and begin saving
>read up on investing, do my own research, form simple strategy
>finally open roth in April 2015, max it for current and previous year and start dumping money from every check into taxable account
>some initial profit, get excited, reposition a bit
>put in additional 20k in July
>ruh roh
>markets basically non-stop shitting since, bull market over, sideways/down for the rest of the year
>tfw not born 5 years earlier

I haven't even logged into my brokerage account for 2 months.
>>
File: hat.png (946KB, 811x700px) Image search: [Google]
hat.png
946KB, 811x700px
I've been trading for almost six years. This is the slowest year I've ever had, but still a solid six figure profit.

Personally, I'm excited to see this world wide market correction. IMHO Fang has been doing all the heavy lifting this year and almost everything has been heavily overvalued.
>>
>>1029850
>14% gains

You flew too close to the sun. Buy you're alive, so you can try again.
>>
And you people mock bitcoin.
>>
>>1030768
do u think market wil continue tanking tomorrow?
>>
>>1030880

I have absolutely no doubt.
Nikkei is going down.
New Zealand is going down.

China is all setup to drop 15% in moments before it gets halted again, even though they said they would let it ride today.

China all setup to do another shady currency trick right before our markets open.

As we speak Obama is doing his staged "town hall" to bark about gun control.

We may taste the dirt below DOW 16,000 tomorrow.

I'm Jacked.

I'M JACKED TO THE TITS!
>>
>>1029886
buy power ball tickets instead.

buying one ticket gets you a single chance at winraring 700 million..

for the low low price of 2 more dollars, you can DOUBLE your chances of wining 700 million...

instant 100% return on chances for 2 dollars!
>>
>>1030973
>China is all setup to drop 15% in moments before it gets halted again

shanghai composite is up 1.45% as I type this.

us futures are positive.

i'm gonna call a dow up 100 at opening and ending the day up 200-300.
>>
Trading seems like it's a pretty good way to make money, except that I don't have enough money to trade.
>>
>>1030343

I think this is a good observation.

Most retail investors will not get rich by day trading.
>>
>>1030768

You day trade or longer term bets?
>>
>>1031291

Yuhp, you're probably right. Looks like I was wrong, but they DID fux with the Yuan.

I should have known they wouldn't go raw dog without an ace up their sleeve.

Dow rally 400 points tomorrow and land 300ish.
>>
>>1031425
>>1031291

We suck at this.
>>
>>1029850
TA is a meme
>>
>>1032500
>>1031291
You guys were right on the money about that 100 point spike at open but everything afterwards, well...
>>
File: 1425060085733.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1425060085733.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>1032522
The lesson I learned today is:

If it sounds like someone is intentionally setting themselves up for a crash, they've an ace up their sleeve.

IMHO after the initial rapid decline a moment after the open; a buy-bot with a 60 billion dollar budget was deployed to soak up the panic. An artificial floor was put into place at great cost to some dirty commies. But that's just my opinion, and I'm a paranoid motherfucker.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.